Community
Search

2003 WWE DVD Release List

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-03, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 WWE DVD Release List

Word that some special compilations for future WWE DVD's was dropped a few weeks back, but now some definite dates for these releases have been added. Along with the WWE PPV's no one cares about, here's the list of release dates for all the titles in the upcoming months:

12/16 - WWE Survivor Series
01/20 - WWE Armageddon
02/10 - The Best of Mick Foley
02/10 - Best of Confidential Vol. II
02/10 - History of the Monday Night Wars
02/24 - WWE Royal Rumble
03/02 - The Best of Kurt Angle
03/16 - WWE No Way Out
04/27 - WWE WrestleMania XX
04/29 - WWE Divas In Mexico
05/04 - WWE Backlash

Titles in italics are obviously the ones that hold the most interest to us 'net folk. IIRC, the Foley, Angle, and Monday Night Wars DVDs were all rumored to be 2-disc sets, which leaves the door open to some very interesting and dare I say, exciting match/promo/angle possibilites for sets after the usual one or two-hour feature program is out of the way. The WWF did well with Foley's only DVD, so it'll be interesting to see what's added in here and hopefully, they don't go and double-dip on the matches that were already on the first DVD.

The Confidential DVD also strikes a note of interest with me, since they included some killer extras on the first volume (like Bret/DBS from SS '92), so I expect the same this time, as well.

Those who were hoping for some sort of a WM Box Set collection are obviously out of luck, but shouldn't take it too hard, since it was more or less a pipe dream from the moment the possibility of such a set was first mentioned.
Old 11-13-03, 04:24 PM

I'll probably grab the Best Of sets just because they're all the entice me anymore. The only PPVs that I've thought about buying from this year was Bad Blood and Summerslam (besides WMXIX that I already have)...PPVs are going down hill...

Hopefully the Monday Night Wars will be a hella sweet set with great matches from both companies, plus great spots and things like that. It has the potential to be a great release! Foley's set could be good, if they add more matches than the Michaels set ( I love the HBK set, but was a little disappointed in the lack of major matches that it should have had).

Confidential II will be looked at in terms of extra matches only. Confidential isn't really something I care to see more than once, but I really want the first set because of the 2 Hit Man matches it has...especially since that's really the only place that Montreal 97 is even available!

Hopefully we'll see some more good, special releases next year that we're not being told about. They've been good lately about releasing a PPV disc and a special edition every month, and the acquisition of ECW, WCW, and AWA's tape libraries can only make these sets phenominal! What I'd do for the job of creating those special edition sets!
Old 11-13-03, 04:45 PM

Add the Cactus Jack vs. Vader matches from WCW!
Old 11-14-03, 08:08 AM

the Foley DVD set is going to be a 2 disc set and the Monday Night Wars is rumored to be a 3 disc set.