Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Final Fantasy XII (12)!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-03, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Final Fantasy XII (12)!!

Looks like the trickle of info has started. The character design looks pretty sweet. Thank goodness they didn't go back to super deformed characters. Can anyone read the Japanese on the magazine scan?
Old 11-13-03, 04:57 PM

nice!!!!
Old 11-13-03, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yawn, looks the same as the FFX. Might as well call it FF X-2...oh wait.
Old 11-13-03, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by flashburn
I was going to put something in my first post about not coming in here just to post negative shite about the game. It's obvious that many people on this board don't like FF games or RPG's in general, but if that is the case then why post in those threads at all? Let's keep it positive for once.

Thank you.
Old 11-13-03, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
With that statement it's obvious you're not a fan of the Final Fantasy series or in particular FFX & FFX-2, which is fine. Like Franchise said, "why post in these threads at all?" Details of the game have yet to be released and already you're bashing it just because of the art work? Pathetic.

Last edited by Setzer; 11-13-03 at 06:53 PM.
Old 11-13-03, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Setzer
With that statement it's obvious you're not a fan of the Final Fantasy series or in particular FFX & FFX-2, which is fine. Like Franchise said, "why post in these threads at all?" Details of the game have yet to be released and already you're bashing it just because of the art work? Pathetic.
On the contrary, I did enjoy all of the original FF games(1-6). Once they made FF 7 with hours upon hours of cut scenes it did get tiring. I did however enjoy FF7 + 9 for the most part. I even liked FFX up until the later half of the game when it kept repeating this formula : Watch 20 minute cut scene, run along and get in random battle, rinse + repeat. You guys really need to relax, your much too defensive about a video game.

edit : also I would like to add that I probably will wind up trying FF XII or atleast read more about it once more information is revealed, it was simply a little joke...

Last edited by flashburn; 11-13-03 at 07:09 PM.
Old 11-13-03, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by flashburn

I hear it has an AWESOME plot!! It's about a group of rebel teenagers going against an EVIL empire!! Those Japanese are FLOWING with creativity!!
Old 11-13-03, 08:07 PM

Originally posted by PixyJunket

I hear it has an AWESOME plot!! It's about a group of rebel teenagers going against an EVIL empire!! Those Japanese are FLOWING with creativity!!
I'm just curious, since I'm kinda new to the board... Now, are these type of posts threadcraps?
Old 11-13-03, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Vegas9203
I'm just curious, since I'm kinda new to the board... Now, are these type of posts threadcraps?
Ofcourse! It is against the board rules to post any sort of opinion. If you are caught doing so you will be BANNED!
Old 11-13-03, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hey, I'm just commenting on FFXII speculation. Somebody mentioned the characters looked the same and I mentioned it'll probably have the exact same plot as the other 11. That's not crap, that's not an opinion, that's a fact.

Nobody came in and said the game plain sucks (yet).. When you post a sneak peek at an upcoming game, opinions and speculation are to be expected.

Anyway, VII was fun for a while but after that I couldn't stomach them anymore.. I tried X but it was a joke.
Old 11-13-03, 10:36 PM

I'm looking forward to Final Fantasy XII because the guy who made Vagrant Story and Front Mission 3 is in charge of the game and I'm hoping that they make the battles a bit more strategic.
Old 11-14-03, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hmm.. if they actually put a little more into the battles again and made the game more playable I would be willing to give the series another chance. I hate the characters and the character designs, but I can't lie, the overal art style of the games is still pretty amazing.
Old 11-14-03, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ho-hum. This board has become so petty with silly complaints about games and systems that I can almost predict the things that are going to be said. I knew when I started a FF related thread that someone would post right away about the cutscenes being too long, or the plot being the same, or the random battles being a pain.

As far as the cutscenes go, yes this will probably have long, extravagant CG scenes that will show some great action and plot/character development. Deal with it. If you don't like it, don't buy it. I'm sure the millions of people buying the FF games HATE the cutscenes. (note sarcasm)

As for the plot being the same.... how about Link go and once and for all save Hyrule from Gannon? how about Jill Valentine once and for all take out Umbrella? I mean the FF games all have very different plots. Yes they are all epic and involve saving the world (or part of it) but the way they are told and the characters involved are completely different.

And puh-leeze just give it up about the random battles. They are a staple of the game and help level up your character. Plus you can always run away if you don't want to fight. The FF games are not action-adventure RPG's so you're not going to get into Devil May Cry sort of fights.

Next time I start a thread about FF I'm going to complain about all the stuff everyone hates in the first post so that we get it out of the way then.

ps. I'm not taking this personally, but I am getting tired of the lack of positive discussion on this board. State your opinion by all means but don't use double standards when it comes to topics that you feel strongly towards.
Old 11-14-03, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Agreed!
Old 11-14-03, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
I'm a HUGE fan of the series, but dear god.....
The lead male is talking on his cell phone......it should be called FFX-3, cause it's on the same level of gayness. But hopefully it will rock and I will have to apologize for the above statement.
Old 11-14-03, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Final Fantasy X and VIII are my all-time favorite games! I don't like the superdeformed characters of VII and IX (harder to identify with); I prefer realism. I'm really looking forward to X-2 next week...

And this is good news about XII, because I had feared that they might go back to superdeformed characters...BTW, does anyone know if XII is going to be the last in the series on the PS2? (before a PS3 is made)
Old 11-14-03, 11:46 AM
Suspended

I just dont' know what's with all the blond boys lately... anyway, anyone play FF IX? That was my favorite
Old 11-14-03, 11:59 AM
Retired

Originally posted by Vegas9203
Not really. Thread craps are those types of posts in something like a thread announcing the games release date or something.

Basically a thread crap is bashing a game/movie in a thread that's not discussing the quality/merits of the game/movie.

I don't see a problem with discussing whether one is excited or not about FF12 in this thread.

To get on topic, I love the series and am anxiously awaiting this installment.
Old 11-19-03, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

New shaky-cam footage of the game. Doesn't show any in-game shots, just static artwork with the music. Looks pretty cool so far. The guy looks pretty feminine but the renders are always at least a little different than the actualy game characters. The girl is pretty cute though.....
Old 11-19-03, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by starseed1981
I'm a HUGE fan of the series, but dear god.....
The lead male is talking on his cell phone......it should be called FFX-3, cause it's on the same level of gayness. But hopefully it will rock and I will have to apologize for the above statement.
Ack, better not talk on my cell so i don't look gay
Old 11-19-03, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

http://www.1up.com/article2/0,4364,1388764,00.asp

I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. I have not liked FFIX, FFX or FFTA, but I loved all of the previous games in the series.

I hope this game brings some real changes to the series; I'll have a hard time enjoying another by-the-numbers Square/Japanese RPG after KOTOR.
Old 11-19-03, 01:01 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

As long as FFXII is not a MMORPG I'm in.

I loved all the games I have played so far. I still have to finish a few and pick up FFX-2.
Old 11-19-03, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Much longer shaky cam movie has been posted (WMV format- modem eware!). Look at it now since who knows how long it'll be up. Can anyone understand what the characters are saying?

Characters look awesome in the game engine. The lead character looks much less like Michael Jackson in the actual game unlike the renders! Style is reminiscent of Vagrant story which is a good thing.
Old 11-19-03, 08:44 PM

I'm a sucker for eye candy, and this game looks like it delivers the goods. Hopefully they'll improve the character animation in this one. The stiff, exaggerated movements and poses might've worked in FFVII and VIII, but it looked lame in X.

Overall, very impressed with the look of this game.
Old 11-20-03, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Though I was skepticle at first, my interest is quite piqued after reading this:
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/fina...s_6083932.html

Now if Square/Enix would now just fullfill my dream of not dubbing the game or, at the very least, including the option to switch between English and Japanese before and/or while you're playing the game (with optional English subtitles, of course).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.