Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Can You Help Me Decide Which Of These 2 To Get?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-03, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys,
I work at best buy and will be getting my discount in one week so I am trying to decide which one to get so I can get it as soon as I get my discount. Also, are any of you experience with the best buy credit card? Because I think I will have to get that because I don't think I will have enough money right now to get the tv. I was thinking of going with the 60 days same as cash, because I will for sure be able to pay it off before 60 days. As long as I do that there is no way I can get screwed over is there? Alright well here are the 2 tvs I was thinking of. And I am not going to get a projo because this will be going in my dorm room and then my bedroom. So there is just no room for a projo, and I think I would be sitting way to close to it and not get a good picture.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....oryId=cat03002

and

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....oryId=cat03002

The widescreen wouldnt be too small would it? If you guys have any input on this could you please let me know because I can't decide which to get right now.
Thanks a bunch!
Old 11-09-03, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Im no expert on this but wouldnt the image on the 34 inch widescreen be alot bigger than on the 36 inch non widescreen? I mean if your watching something thats in ws format since it would fill the whole screen minus the black bars youd get on the the 36.Im curious too cuz im in the market for a new tv to replace my old 27" Hitachi
Old 11-09-03, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Both are good choices. Which do watch more of 4:3 or WS material? I would lean more towards the WS anyway, but many are big TV material collectors as well as movies.
Old 11-21-03, 12:52 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go with the 34in Sony WS....You can always move it to another room in the future when you purchase a larger TV.

It would be a wonderful backup when HDTV is the norm.
Old 11-23-03, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
I'd go with the 34". I have the 30" Samsung widescreen and am happy with it. I wouldn't imagine that the Sony 34" could be any worse (though I think I have seen some stuff to that affect around here). Plus, it's widescreen and should be easier to sell when the time comes.

Btw, make sure you get a stand that will hold that weight. I know it's a heavy tv.