Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

the west wing 11/5

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-03, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the west wing 11/5

i thought that this was a much better episode. although i don't know that i like the direction the storyline with josh is going, i enjoy he and donna the most so i will be very interested to see where they take the plot. as for intern boy, he needs to be gone seeing as how he serves no purpost. after all, donna could've met josh at the restaurant.

leo is still pissed at the world. i am still wondering if they are going to kick him off the wagon soon.

it was good to hear from sam again albeit just briefly at the beginning. i wonder if rob lowe's show tanks, if he would consider coming back to the white house?

like i said, many more things to be happy about so i feel better. hopefully from the looks of things, next week looks to be good as well. i like joe quinn.

almost forgot, terry o'quinn is in as the new chairman. sweet!!! while i didn't want to see john amos go, terry o'quinn is one of my favorite character actors. plus he wasn't on alias anymore so it's good that he has something to do now.

Last edited by kevin75; 11-05-03 at 09:44 PM.
Old 11-05-03, 09:56 PM

WORST EPISODE EVER (IMO)!!!!

Just awful!

Josh screaming at the Capitol Dome was just plain silly....and totally out-of-character (as per Josh as orig. written by Mr. Sorkin).

Just awful!

What a shame......

I really LOVE this show's characters, et al....

Only hope it gets better as '03-'04 proceeds.
Old 11-05-03, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Josh actually telling the cabbie to stop, getting out, walking 5 steps and then yelling at a freakin' building.... it was the corniest and stupidest thing I've seen in a long time and really really not what I expected from a show of West Wing's caliber.
Old 11-06-03, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
I didn't dislike the episode but I agree that the yelling at a building is just a tad out of character for Josh.

I have no clue about what crawled up Leo's butt and died but it's not endearing him to me (and I love his character). Did he and the lawyer lady split up or something?

Question, are they trying to fire everyone on staff by the end of the season? last week C.J. was almost shown the door and Bailey did leave and this week Josh is on the verge of walking out the door.

Nice ot see Terry O'Quinn as well though I do miss John Amos Hell if his show tanks as well maybe we can have Fitz and Sam come back! I'm not holding my breath for either of those possibilities.
Old 11-06-03, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

yeah, although i do think the show is getting better little by little, the biggest problem that i have is still that they seem to be writing everyone totally out of character, leo especially. i mean, yeah, he has been mad before, but this is just getting out of control.
Old 11-06-03, 08:10 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I enjoyed this episode. I also enjoyed last week's, so I'm happy with where they are going with it right now. Although the Josh screaming at the Capitol was beyond cheesy.
i wonder if rob lowe's show tanks
I think this is a sign that it already has tanked: NBC Drops 'Lyon's Den' for Sweeps.
Old 11-06-03, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The Lyons Den is being cancelled IIRC.

Agreed with all those who hated Josh yelling at the Capitol. Lame-o.

to the guy from Alias as the JC.

Why did they relegate Will to that stupid storyline? They're going to have to go out of their way now to include him/VP in storylines, despite the fact they spent 3 years totally ignoring Hoynes and his staff unless he did something wrong.

It doesn't look like the Let Bartlet be Barlet moment is coming next week either.
Old 11-06-03, 08:56 AM

CJ going off on the President was good, though, I enjoyed that scene.

Really wondering where all of this is going -- the entire wing is about to explode with anger and hostility.
Old 11-06-03, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Meatpants

Why did they relegate Will to that stupid storyline? They're going to have to go out of their way now to include him/VP in storylines, despite the fact they spent 3 years totally ignoring Hoynes and his staff unless he did something wrong.
According to the show timeline, Will has been around for less than a year, not 3 years. He is Sam's pseudo-replacement since Lowe left the show. And IIRC, Will isn't going to stick around for long. I thought he was going to leave the show soon since he is just a guest star.
Old 11-06-03, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think the entire WW has gone berserk; all this hostility and craziness and they have absolutely no direction. Does this reflect the confusion that's present in the writer's rooms now that Sorkin has left?
Old 11-06-03, 10:31 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
I want this show to be great again! I was afraid the loss of AS would ruin it, and it seems that's exactly what's happening.
Old 11-06-03, 10:41 AM

Originally posted by huzefa
According to the show timeline, Will has been around for less than a year, not 3 years. He is Sam's pseudo-replacement since Lowe left the show. And IIRC, Will isn't going to stick around for long. I thought he was going to leave the show soon since he is just a guest star.
I believe he was referring to Hoynes being VP for the first 3 seasons.

And Will at one time was in the opening credits. Not last night.
Old 11-06-03, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Everyone (except Josh and Donna) hates each other on the show right now. It just isn't very fun to watch anymore.

Cool to see the Morton's in DC though. I've eaten there a number of times - probably sat in that same booth as well.

Last edited by Red Dog; 11-06-03 at 11:13 AM.
Old 11-06-03, 10:46 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Originally posted by Meteu185
Joshua Molina was in the credits - they showed his face and everything.
Old 11-06-03, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Meteu185
I believe he was referring to Hoynes being VP for the first 3 seasons.

Correct, that's what I meant.

I can't remember too many scenes involving Hoyne's staff. But now that Will's there, the writers will be inventing reasons for the senior staff to need him around. Also, Toby wanted to do less of his job, not more of it. Doesn't that mean they need a new Sam/Will? How many new characters are they going to add? I wonder when we should expect Cousin Oliver.....
Old 11-06-03, 11:42 AM

If anybody's curious as to the exact episodes we'll see in the upcoming West Wing Season 1 DVD Set, this website offers some fine insight and info (without coming right out and boldly giving away major spoilers).

Anybody else looking forward to the S.1 set??

Several S.1 eps. I have never seen.

(I was surprised to note that Season 3 [2001-2002] had 23 episodes, instead of the now-norm of 22.

They list Season 4 as having 23 as well, but it's really only 22, with #1 being the two-hour S.4 premiere.)

Last edited by davidvp; 11-06-03 at 11:49 AM.
Old 11-06-03, 11:43 AM

Where's Lily Tomlin????

(Wonder how much Lily's getting paid by NBC to do absolutely nothing. Nice gig, if you can get it.

Or...do the actors who DON'T appear in an episode, in fact, get paid any greenbacks at all for that ep.? Hmmmmm. *ponders q* )

I wonder when we should expect Cousin Oliver.....
Mr. Furley (Don Knotts) shows up next month as the new West Wing Official Light-Bulb Changer. (He's gonna be working overtime, too.....Haven't seen a ray of light eminate from those offices in years! )

Last edited by davidvp; 11-06-03 at 11:50 AM.
Old 11-06-03, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Bandoman
Joshua Molina was in the credits - they showed his face and everything.
So what's the deal? Is he on the show as a regular now?
Old 11-06-03, 11:48 AM

So what's the deal? Is he on the show as a regular now?
Absolutely!
Has been since midway through LAST season.

(You must not watch every week. )
Old 11-06-03, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by davidvp
Absolutely!
Has been since midway through LAST season.

(You must not watch every week. )
Actually I do, but I always thought of him as a guest star for some reason.
Old 11-06-03, 02:49 PM

I thought this episode was horrendous. I had my hopes up a little because the previous 2 episodes were decent, but this was really disappointing. Somebody tell John Wells that you don't have to make every character do a complete 180 turn in their personalities when you start writing a show.
Old 11-06-03, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by davidvp
(I was surprised to note that Season 3 [2001-2002] had 23 episodes, instead of the now-norm of 22.
just in case you were wondering, that extra show was the standalone "isaac and ishmael" that they did before the season premiere in response to 9/11.

and yes, i am hyped for the dvd.
Old 11-07-03, 04:18 PM

that extra show was the standalone "isaac and ishmael" that they did before the season premiere in response to 9/11.
Oh yes. That's right. Of course. *slaps forehead*

I shoulda realized this.
Old 11-07-03, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I liked it.

das