Enterprise 11/05/03

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Enterprise 11/05/03

Old 11-05-03, 06:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Enterprise 11/05/03

Episode Title: 'Twilight'

A spatial distortion leaves Archer unable to form any new long-term memories. Years in the future, he wakes up one morning and is stunned to learn the outcome of the human-Xindi conflict.
Written By: Mike Sussman
Directed By: Robert Duncan McNeill

AICN gives this episode 4 stars and says it's the best of the season. We'll decide that, thanks.
Old 11-05-03, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 135 Likes on 106 Posts
So, Ethan/Barash is back in a remake of TNG episode Future Imperfect?
Old 11-05-03, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's a good sign to start with that AICN reviewed the episode considering they've only reviewed around 3 episodes in the whole of 2003.
Old 11-05-03, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This part by AICN has me very interested and was the point I stopped reading their review:

Is this a hoax, a dream, or an imaginary episode?
Spoiler:
No! It all really happens!
Old 11-05-03, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by MvRojo
It's a good sign to start with that AICN reviewed the episode considering they've only reviewed around 3 episodes in the whole of 2003.
So, you're saying AICN wouldn't know a good episode if Porthos bit them on the ass?

Today I resolved to approach tonight’s episode with an open mind and try to give this sucker a break. I’ve tried this before and failed. Oh, well.

This is going to be one of those things where, if you don’t mind the stoopid way they end it, it would be a good episode.

Be afraid. Be VERY afraid.
Old 11-05-03, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
THIS IS CETI ALPHA 5!!!!!!
Old 11-05-03, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sam, Gooshie says you've got to overload the plasma injectors so you can leap!
Old 11-05-03, 07:58 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow.. good episode
Old 11-05-03, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
I thought it was good. they're lucky they cured archer, or the planet would have turned into a desert in 200 years and killed them anyway
Old 11-05-03, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 225 Likes on 145 Posts
Watching Enterprise is a lot like jerking off. While you're in the middle of it, it's a lot of fun, but ultimately it's an unsatisfying experience. Tonight's episode is a perfect example of this.

As for the promo for next week, I am simply stunned beyond words. How incredibly lame.
Old 11-05-03, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

the only lame thing I can see in next weeks is that TOS did it a lot so it's not original
Old 11-05-03, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Jason
Watching Enterprise is a lot like jerking off. While you're in the middle of it, it's a lot of fun, but ultimately it's an unsatisfying experience. Tonight's episode is a perfect example of this.
I smell a new sig for someone or a interesting debate for other. maybe both.
Old 11-05-03, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

it was good until the end. archer can take 2 shots and keep going and the others fall after 1? how far can their relationship progress if he can only remember a few hours?
Old 11-05-03, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

maybe she's really bad in bed so she stuck with archer since he couldn't remember
Old 11-05-03, 09:24 PM

They most be watching Babylon 5 dvds.. It resembles so much of it I just watched.. hmm blaloch needs to be taught how to smile as tapol.. hmm maybe hoshi and blaloch can do things in that UV room..

I know perverse and very geeky, but I am not watching the show for a dialectical commentary on life.. Its alrite but more skin I say.
Old 11-06-03, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Although a ripoff of "Year of Hell" and "Yesterday's Enterprise" with a little "All Good Things...." mixed in, this actually turned out pretty good.

Exactly what good are the MACOs if the Xindi continue to board the ship and take it over easily every time they do?

If I'm taking this right: in a decade, the ship will have shields but the weapons won't be improved?

Edit to add: you know it's a bad night when Enterprise is the best among the shows you've watched for the evening (Smallville, Angel, South Park).

Last edited by Chew; 11-06-03 at 06:09 AM.
Old 11-06-03, 07:21 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

they were given the shields recently from some other guy (he mentioned his name)

Its logical to assume other species wouldnt want to help the humans advance technologically because they were afraid of the xindi. Clearly they targeted phlox.
Old 11-06-03, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Save Ferris
they were given the shields recently from some other guy (he mentioned his name)
Was it:

She just can't keep her hands out of other timelines can she?

Old 11-06-03, 07:42 AM
Banned

I thought it was the best episode of the entire series. Sure, you can find similarities between it and other Trek (a twisted "Inner Light") or Babylon 5 or whoever's episodes. But I haven't seen it done this way before. And it was a departure from the same ol same ol "hunt them dang Xindi down" episodes.

Originally posted by Venusian
it was good until the end. archer can take 2 shots and keep going and the others fall after 1?
Yeah, I was thinking "die already!!. What makes you so damn special?"
Old 11-06-03, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 142 Likes on 97 Posts
This was one of the best episodes of the entire series so far (which granted, isn't saying a whole lot but whatever). Sure it was a ripoff of any number of sci-fi shows but there are no original ideas left in Hollywood so I don't complain about recycling anymore.

Did Mayweather get killed in the initial attack or something because he was AWOL for the majority of the episode. And I gotta tell you, that beard thing was not working for Reed. It didn't make him look older, it made him look like a Klingon reject from TOS without the tan.

My one complaint is that yeah, Archer needed to die a lot sooner than he did at the end. Did those parasites make him super archer or something. Phlox I can understand, he fell head first onto the floor, T'Pol, no excuse at all for her to be down after one shot. I'm sure the writers were going for heroic but didn't work out.
Old 11-06-03, 09:18 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

Remember -- vulcans have thier heart located at the side. She could of gotten a direct hit in that area.

yes im grasping.
Old 11-06-03, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Wizdar
This is going to be one of those things where, if you don’t mind the stoopid way they end it, it would be a good episode.
The tension of waiting to find out what kind of lameass excuse they would find to resolve the episode was not unlike when you have to fart REAL BAD but just can’t. And when you get to someplace where you can let it rip, it doesn’t happen.

I’m ashamed to be associated with those of you who liked this one. I suppose it means youse guys don’t mind the destination as long as the trip was fun. The destination in this case was opening the door to catch Jason in the middle of wanking off.

But, hell, it’s only third season. Some of these things take time to develop.

FOUR MORE YEARS!

FOUR MORE YEARS!

FOUR MORE YEARS!

FOUR MORE YEARS!
Old 11-06-03, 09:50 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

I disagree.

--It COULD of been 'all a dream'

--it COULD of been 'the ghost of Christmas FUTURE' type time traveler trying to 'teach him a lesson of the importance of this mission'

--It COULD of been a mind trip from some xindi interrogators

Those 3 would of been a huge let down -- well below what we got. One of those were what I was dreading and was plesantly surprised with our ending. No, I wasnt enthralled with it but happy.

We saw some character development and it was REAL, not a hologram, not all in archers head. It was a real development of time placed on the characters we have. Sure some was lame but I dont expect a feature length movie plot in 1 hour. Especially since we all KNOW archer will be fine at the end.
Old 11-06-03, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 135 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally posted by Jason
Watching Enterprise is a lot like jerking off. While you're in the middle of it, it's a lot of fun, but ultimately it's an unsatisfying experience.
Originally posted by Wizdar
The tension of waiting to find out what kind of lameass excuse they would find to resolve the episode was not unlike when you have to fart REAL BAD but just can’t. And when you get to someplace where you can let it rip, it doesn’t happen.
Watching Enterprise continues to bring out the best of us!

Next week we get a remake of some kind of Spectre of the Fistful of Datas sort of thing. Oh yeah, that'll suck!
Old 11-06-03, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've been a supporter of the series while TOS fans continued to bash the new episodes, however, I didn't care too much for last night's episode because I knew how it would end, whether it was a dream sequence or not, so I knew everything happening was, essentially, not going to happen.

I just think the timeline epsiodes have been played out since TOS movie when they went whale hunting. It too easily gives the whole series an out any time they want it.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.