SquareEnix sends PS1 titles to Greatest Hits factory

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-03, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SquareEnix sends PS1 titles to Greatest Hits factory

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2003/2114.html

Square Enix Sends Many PSOne Titles to Greatest Hits Factory
11.04.03 - 2:09 AM

Square Enix announced today that they would be bolstering their Greatest Hits lineup on some of their PSOne titles. In addition to the already-released Final Fantasy X and Kingdom Hearts, Square Enix announced that many of their harder-to-find PSOne titles would become Greatest Hits, as well. The full line of additions will be Xenogears, Final Fantasy Chronicles, Final Fantasy Anthology, and Vagrant Story.
All of these titles are scheduled to be released in December for "under $20 USD", suggesting a $19.99 price tag. Gamers who missed the first two runs of Xenogears should be especially pleased to have another chance at it.
Anthology and Chronicles are they only two I don't have. Can't wait for these to be released.
Old 11-04-03, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
Will be picking up Xenogears and both FFs.
Old 11-04-03, 10:49 AM
Banned

There's going to be lots of PO'd Xenogears sellers on ebay once they hear this news Kinda like what happened with Air Force Delta Storm for the X-box.

FS
Old 11-04-03, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

lol, i remember when FF Tactics went to GH and they were selling for like $70 on ebay.

no big deal - good to see them being re-released even though i have them all.
Old 11-04-03, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
I have them all (except Vagrant Story, which I never really wanted), but that's great for everyone who doesn't.

May get Vagrant Story when these come out.

Last edited by Ginwen; 11-04-03 at 03:20 PM.
Old 11-04-03, 11:45 AM

I remember selling my FF Tactics for $80 1 week before it was released as a greatest hit . Hopefully they carry FF Chronicles at Best Buy, Ive been wanting to get that and $15 sounds good.
Old 11-04-03, 12:47 PM

ROFL And here I jus bought FF Chronicles last week, oh well I only paid 40, could have been much worse. I hate the green label anyway.
Old 11-04-03, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Awesome. I've been meaning to re-purchase a bunch of these since I cashed in on the eBay inflation awhile back.
Old 11-04-03, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I already own all of those, but its great to see them re-release Vagrant Story, that game ruled! .
Old 11-04-03, 01:53 PM
Banned

Vagrant Story is Square's second greatest PSone game. After FF Tactics.
Old 11-04-03, 02:02 PM

that's great news for those who still are searching for those games! particularly those who always wanted to play xenogears but weren't willing to fork over the cash.
now i can get those final fantasy collections! yay!
hopefully they'll do this on some other titles that are hard to find. too bad atlus can't do something similiar!
Old 11-04-03, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts
Hmm... I thought xenogears was already re-released. I remember it being really hard to find for a while, but then a few years back I saw it everywhere...

I have to pick up Vagrant Story again. I could never really build up my weapons enough to do significant damage to the enemies...
Old 11-04-03, 04:27 PM

Originally posted by fujishig
Hmm... I thought xenogears was already re-released. I remember it being really hard to find for a while, but then a few years back I saw it everywhere...

I have to pick up Vagrant Story again. I could never really build up my weapons enough to do significant damage to the enemies...
They did a second run on Xenogears not sure on the quantity though. I have the original release.

I have bad luck with Square RPG's but still buy them heh. The only Square RPG's I have finished the past two gens is FF7,FFT and Kingdom Hearts. I own the rest of there released rpgs but just couldn't get into them.
Old 11-04-03, 04:44 PM

me too, i have most square and atlus rpg's for psone but haven't played through all of them. it takes me a while to warm up to the story and gameplay but i gradually get into it once i've gotten past that.
Old 11-04-03, 05:25 PM

Great news, I'll now be able to pick up Vagrant Story. (I have the rest) I wish other companies would do this as well.
Old 11-04-03, 07:51 PM

great news!!!! I want to get all of them!
Old 11-04-03, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I already have every PSone Square title, but its nice a lot of hard to find games can finally be had for $20.
Old 11-04-03, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

FS BTW it seems the EyeToy got pushed to December.

GamerTag: GatorDeb, I have Top Spin

I'm at the 1 hr mark of Finding Nemo and loving it so far. I get all of Pixar's stuff sight unseen.
Old 11-04-03, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

BTW when do you think FF Origins will be added?

With Chronicle and Origins I get FF IV, V, and VI, and I alreeady have VII, VIII, IX, and X. So I'll have from IV on. (I also have Tactics and plan to pick up X-2. I probably WON'T pick up XI because of the whole pay-per-month gimmick. Getting Origins will get me I and II.

Does anyone know where to get III?

Last edited by GatorDeb; 11-04-03 at 09:07 PM.
Old 11-04-03, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All 4 of them = mine .
Old 11-04-03, 09:10 PM

Originally posted by GatorDeb
FS BTW it seems the EyeToy got pushed to December.

GamerTag: GatorDeb, I have Top Spin

I'm at the 1 hr mark of Finding Nemo and loving it so far. I get all of Pixar's stuff sight unseen.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/e...s_6078114.html

EyeToy sighted in stores

SCEA announces that the USB camera-based collection of minigames has shipped to stores in North America.

Sony Computer Entertainment America has today announced that the PS2-exclusive EyeToy: Play has shipped to stores in North America. Developed by SCEE's London Studio, EyeToy: Play has already sold over a million copies in Europe since its release in July.

"EyeToy: Play will change the face of traditional gaming as we know it because of its universal appeal and innovative technology. It's easy and fun, so anyone and everyone will be able to pick it up and play," said Ami Blaire, director of product marketing, Sony Computer Entertainment America. "Based on its European success and the buzz already received in the US, we expect EyeToy to be one of this holiday's must-have products."

EyeToy: Play is a collection of 12 minigames that are played by moving in front of a specially designed USB camera placed on top of the television. The games included with the camera see players beating up ninjas, boxing with a robot, dancing, washing windows, playing "keep up" with a soccer ball, and even detonating fireworks. Players also have the option to play around with different visual effects and can leave video messages for one another.

For more information on EyeToy: Play, check out our previous coverage of the game.

By Justin Calvert Posted: 11/04/03 08:11 AM
Old 11-05-03, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

BTW when do you think FF Origins will be added?
Probably never. By the time FF Origins disappears from stores (I still see it everywhere) I imagine nobody will be releasing PSOne games anymore, even re-releases.

I probably WON'T pick up XI because of the whole pay-per-month gimmick.
"Gimmick" in this case referring to pretty much the entire business model on which MMO games are based.
Old 11-05-03, 12:36 AM
Banned

They need to remake Xenogears and not worry about that crap Xenosega. God I'vie never been that lit down by a game or should I say movie. Xenogears was the shit and Xenosega is just shit.
Old 11-05-03, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by GatorDeb
Does anyone know where to get III?
You can't get an english version of FFIII because it doesn't exist, it was a japanese NES game and hasn't been translated or ported to any other system other than the independent emu route.

They were working on a remake of FFIII for the Wonderswan Crystal in Japan, but since the Wonderswan got canned, they suspended the project indefinitely. Last I heard they are considering to continue the remake and release it on the GBA. Haven't heard anything since...