Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

New high res Killer 7 movie looks awesome!!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-03, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Killer 7 chronicles the connection between two men whose intertwined paths develop into a tale of fate, revenge, and altering personas. Killer 7 puts players into the consciousness of one man, and his seven different personalities, in an effort to stop a wave of disconcerting indiscriminate terrorism that is plaguing the world.

Players take on the role of Harman Smith, an unlikely assassin who lives life at his own pace. Switching between seven different personalities, he employs each character’s abilities to terminate targets he deems "deserving to die."

Movie (high res) - 30 meg
Movie (low res) - 14 meg

Looks cool, I love the art style of this game. This was the trailer shown at the Tokyo Game Show in September that they just released on their site. Still can't figure out any details on the gameplay by watching the movie, and Capcom's been really tight lipped about it. There's a scene in the movie where the game transitions from the guy pointing the gun into the first person, and the shooting seems to be in first person. You can also see a lot of the different personalities you can possess from the girl to the 65 year old handicapped man .
Old 11-01-03, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
looks cool.
Old 11-01-03, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks okay, but the cell shading makes it look really bland and plain. Sorta looks like an arcade light gun shooter or something..
Old 11-02-03, 02:31 PM

Originally posted by flashburn
Looks okay, but the cell shading makes it look really bland and plain. Sorta looks like an arcade light gun shooter or something..
The one thing they have confirmed is that it is not a light gun game. Other than that we'll have to wait until there's more info.
Old 11-02-03, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is it an arcade game or console game? I am guessing console just due to the fact that there seemed to be a decent amount of story elements.
Old 11-02-03, 03:29 PM

It's a Gamecube game exclusive, I think. I've been semi-interested in this one for a while, and I like that clip. I still need to see and hear more about the gameplay, but I like the style.
Old 12-23-03, 05:16 PM

Some new info just came out from cube europe!

News: Capcom To Host Killer 7 Event?

UK-Based Nintendo publication, NGC Magazine, published a very interesting snippet of info regarding moody shooter Killer 7. Head inside for the scoop.

The UK's most popular unofficial Nintendo magazine, NGC, included an intriguing fact in the latest issue of their superb publication. (Me, suck up? Never.) In a small article regarding Capcom's blood-ridden GameCube title Killer 7, the magazine stated that an event is set to be held in January- where details about the mysterious shooter will emerge. Here’s the quote from the magazine.

“"It's safe to say, though, that the special abilities - such as being able to alter the path of bullets and shrouding yourself in protective fire - will come into play. CAPCOM should reveal all at an event in January."

The exact nature of Killer 7 has been a well-kept secret ever since the announcement of Capcom’s fantastic five. All we’ve had so far are some very impressive gloomy cel-shaded screenshots- and a few in-game screens of what looks like a lightgun-esque crosshair hovering over a victims head. Hopefully this conference will enlighten us more about this highly-anticipated title.

Source: NGC, Future Publishing.
sounds good!
Old 12-23-03, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I watched the trailer on an import preview disc and I was really impressed even though what the game is totally like was still a mystery.

If the gameplay can match the look and atmosphere of the game I'm probably getting it.