Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Public Domain movies on DVD

Ric010101
10-29-03, 07:06 AM
Hi everyone. I need help from you guys.
I'm putting together a project in Portugal for TV and for that, i need to find as many PUBLIC DOMAIN movies ON DVD as i can. I've only found a few of them... one here one there.
Does anybody know where (online) i can find more titles? It doesn't matter if it's a good movie or a bad movie, spoken in english or any other language on earth. The only thing requested is to be on DVD and with a public domain status. If someone could provide a list, that would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance.

Ricardo

marty888
10-29-03, 07:46 AM
This site specializes in public domain titles, and on the bottom of their home page you can click for a list of public domain titles:

http://www.daisonvideos.com/

P.S. - Never heard of these people, but found them through a simple Google search.

Hope this helps....

Ric010101
10-29-03, 08:24 AM
Thanks Marty!
That's funny. I've already done dozens of searches on Google and other search engines and never came up with that site! That was helpful.

Banky
10-29-03, 09:50 AM
Pot O Gold
Made For Each Other
Charade (i think)

Purple X
10-29-03, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by marty888
This site specializes in public domain titles, and on the bottom of their home page you can click for a list of public domain titles:

Nothing more or less than a bootleger. "Asian Errors" indeed! The films Listed under Public Domain are questionable; but some may be.

a better source is http://www.retrofilm.com/

even these can't be trusted, a lot of the films here are not public domain, but instead were not expressly copyright registered; This also only applies to the US. I would use this as a reference source, then do a search on the titles for DVDs.

Remember that even if a film is public domain. A particular presentation is NOT. You can copyright the menu structure, and the restored elements.