Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Daily Show 10/28

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-03, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daily Show 10/28

The first five minutes of the show tonight with the black caucus 8 Mile theme was some of the funniest stuff I have seen on TV in quite a while. First time I have watched the Daily Show in a few months, but this segment was damn funny. Catch the rerun if you missed it.
Old 10-29-03, 07:31 AM

The Daily Show is my favorite show on tv. It's more straightfoward then all the other news shows, completely entertaining, and funny as hell. I love this show!
Old 10-29-03, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I never miss The Daily Show, and while funny, I don't think it was that funny last night. The Indecision 2000 coverage was a lot stronger I think. You should watch more often. They're typically even stronger than last night's episode.

das
Old 10-29-03, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Gotta agree with das Monkey on this one. I did find the "8 mile" bit to be funny, but they've done much, much better than that. I think that with the presidential election coming up next year, they should really get into stride. The last election's coverage by TDS was hilarious.

Anyhoo, you really should keep watching TDS. It's the only show I get my news from anymore.
Old 10-29-03, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't know why I stopped watching the show because I used to watch every night. After last night I will definitely be watching more-they do replay it twice so I have no excuse not to watch. Might even have to sacrifice half an hour of Sportscenter since they only replay that 10 times a day.
Old 10-29-03, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

"Who do I have to **** to get some shrimp up in this bitch!?!"

das
Old 10-29-03, 02:02 PM

I personally think the Bush "afflicted with the gayness" piece was the funniest thing I've seen in a very long time (that was a couple of months ago).
Old 10-29-03, 06:36 PM
Banned

Originally posted by scottall
I don't know why I stopped watching the show because I used to watch every night.
I don't know why I stopped watching the show either, because I used to watch every night too. Oh wait, that's right! Kilborn left and it's not funny anymore. I forgot
Old 10-29-03, 08:59 PM

"I don't know why I stopped watching the show either, because I used to watch every night too. Oh wait, that's right! Kilborn left and it's not funny anymore. I forgot"

Maybe you should write for Jon then. That was downright hilarious....

Rob has been on a role with all this democrate stuff, recently. Especially the tour bus sketch. Seeing him get so excited for the monsters of industry tour, waving the bus into town, godly.
Old 10-29-03, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I finally watched the episode and I was surprised to see that brief shot of the "8 Mile Road" sign was filmed right around the corner from me!

I wished I had known the Daily Show was in my neighborhood.
Old 10-29-03, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
I never knew Craig Kilborn WAS funny. The Daily Show only became watchable when that smug ass left to host some other show nobody watches. Stewart has it all over him.
Old 10-29-03, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Pants
I don't know why I stopped watching the show either, because I used to watch every night too. Oh wait, that's right! Kilborn left and it's not funny anymore. I forgot
You, sir, are in the tiny minority of opinions.
Old 10-30-03, 06:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Breakfast with Girls
Agreed. Especially given the Emmy award it just won, beating out the five time champ: Letterman.

This show is better than most sitcoms.
Old 10-30-03, 10:41 AM

Originally posted by Sierra Disc
I never knew Craig Kilborn WAS funny. The Daily Show only became watchable when that smug ass left to host some other show nobody watches. Stewart has it all over him.
I wholeheartedly agree...I hate Craig Kilborn. He's so condescending and does the classic meathead-a**hole schtick and not being funny in the process, he's just a jock who screwed himself worse by leaving TDS and taking over that snorefest on CBS. Jon Stewart kicks ass!
Old 10-30-03, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Kilborn was great as the host of The Daily Show IMO, and there was a period of awkward and relatively unfunny transition when Stewart took over. However, since that brief period, the show has far surpassed anything it ever was under Kilborn and has evolved into one of the best things on all of television. I also enjoy Kilborn's new CBS show, but Conan is so far out of his league that it's hard to watch.

das
Old 10-30-03, 01:03 PM

Kilborn should've just stayed on Sportscenter
Old 10-30-03, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by das Monkey
Kilborn was great as the host of The Daily Show IMO, and there was a period of awkward and relatively unfunny transition when Stewart took over. However, since that brief period, the show has far surpassed anything it ever was under Kilborn and has evolved into one of the best things on all of television. I also enjoy Kilborn's new CBS show, but Conan is so far out of his league that it's hard to watch.

das
I saw a few episodes with Kilborn, and I agree with you -- actually I wouldn't have said he was great, but I thought he did a decent job.

Stewart, on the other hand... RULES and blows Kilborn away. Kilborn leaving was the best thing that happened to The Daily Show.

Conan is one of the funniest guys on TV... and IMO could easily take the 11:30 time slot and slaughter Leno and Letterman.

Oh wait.. maybe not, because most people have no taste.
Old 10-30-03, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Breakfast with Girls
And not just on this issue.
Old 10-30-03, 05:18 PM
Banned

In the interest of being friendly DodgingCars, I 100% agree with your assessment of Conan.

He should get the 11:30 time slot because Leno has always sucked and Dave used to rule but has sucked for years.