Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Hidden Images in Movies - Can you name some?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-03, 02:38 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just watched Almost Famous and when they were driving, i noticed the Pink Floyd CD Cover go over the winshield in a trippy way...(forgot the album name, the one with the rainbow and the triangle)
I also remember seeing the dead kid (supposedly) in the corner behind the curtain in that movie with Tom Selleck (3 men and a baby or something like that)..

anyone have any others?
Old 10-27-03, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw Colonel Sanders in Matrix Reloaded.
Old 10-27-03, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by PixyJunket
I saw Colonel Sanders in Matrix Reloaded.
How are we going to get our daily allowance of Matrix Reloaded jokes tomorrow when you are busy watching MWC?

The Dark Side of the Moon cover is in Almost Famous, but there is no dead kid in Three Men and a Baby link.
Old 10-27-03, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

At the end of What Lies Beneath, there's an image of a face in the snow.

And there are several 'hidden' images in Fight Club.

Rob
Old 10-27-03, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Supposedly you can see Peter Jackson's face on a wall in FOTR. Not so much hidden, but my favorite has to be Tyler Durden's freeze frames in Fight Club.
Old 10-27-03, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Not really hidden but the weird face in Exorcist is kinda scary.
Old 10-27-03, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I saw something funny in Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle last night.
During the opening sequence of the movie, Just after the part when Drew's character is playing the drinking game, ala Raiders of the Lost Ark, when she takes the keys off that guy's belt, you see a guy in a leather jacket and a fedora heading off of the screen to the left.
Old 10-27-03, 03:19 PM

Originally posted by PalmerJoss
Supposedly you can see Peter Jackson's face on a wall in FOTR.
He's up on the mantle of Bilbo's fireplace, along with Fran Walsh.

Or did you mean something else?
Old 10-27-03, 04:04 PM

i got a few....

The italian job: in the a chase scene through a crowd of people one of them is in a spiderman suit. i didnt belive what i thought i saw at first but upon rewind sure enough... spidey!

Ace ventura 2: when ace is sitting in the temple praying and the explorer guy walks in and gets close to him and ace scares him something shoots out of the guys nose. its really funny check it out!

billy madison: this just goes to prove ive seen this way to much. in the scene where the children confront the revolting blob at his house watch directly behind him and down the hall in his house you can see some one walk across the back of the hall.

thats all for now!
Old 10-27-03, 04:12 PM

The fish going through the window during the birds scene of The Core.
Old 10-27-03, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In jay and silent bob strikes back, you can briefly see a shot of Daredevil in costume right when they are being chased from the miramax executives. daredevil was written by smith for a few years and affleck went on to become him about a year later.
Old 10-27-03, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Rypro 525
In jay and silent bob strikes back, you can briefly see a shot of Daredevil in costume right when they are being chased from the miramax executives. daredevil was written by smith for a few years and affleck went on to become him about a year later.
Actually, Kevin Smith only wrote for one story brief story arc in Daredevil (just a few issues). Can anyone confirm if he wrote more than one storyline for DD? I'd love to read more...which reminds me, must pick up his contribution to Green Arrow (the question now is when does Ben Affleck get cast as Green Arrow?)

To stay on topic...seeing stuff in movies...well, in Sixth Sense I see dead people.....

I'll edit this post if I do actually see something...actually, nevermind, I'll mention something I read in Blender:

In a Dirty Harry flick (The Dead Pool?), the same flick that had a then relatively unknown "James" Carrey perform an odd lip-synching of a Guns-n-Roses song, you can see various members of GnR in the movie...Slash firing some harpoon, and apparently in another scene Axl Rose and others are visible as well (at a funeral I think?).
Old 10-27-03, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Remember the scene in Braveheart where Mel rides a horse into that guy's bedroom in the middle of the night and bashes him with a metal ball on a chain? Right after Mel swings it, you see a very quick shot of the guy quivering in terror and then getting knocked sideways. Even to my amateur eye, that part always looked like a pretty rough cut - some funny transition in those eight or nine frames.

If you slow it down and go frame-by-frame, you'll see that right before the ball hits the guy, they replace him with a really weird/goofy-looking dummy. Try it; it's pretty funny.

In that same scene, a few seconds later, Mel rides his horse out of a high window in that bedroom, and he and the horse go splashing into the water like 30 feet below. If you freeze-frame through that sequence, it's blindingly obvious that he's riding a very plastic-looking horse. When it "gallops" out of the window, it's actually just a prop propelled out of the window horizontally. Its hooves are outstretched and not even moving! And keep watching for the top-down shot where it falls into the water - richly funny.

- David Stein
Old 10-27-03, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

There are a bunch of clues in Vanilla Sky that hint that what's happening is a dream. There was a thread here awhile back about it.
Old 10-27-03, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by sfsdfd
Remember the scene in Braveheart where Mel rides a horse into that guy's bedroom in the middle of the night and bashes him with a metal ball on a chain?
- David Stein
My fave is in "Bevery Hills Cop" #1 when Eddie's character goes to meet the bad guy and he is at this swanky luncheon and Eddie throws his right-hand man across the table of food. Slow it down and it's obviously a double and not Eddie, and the double looks a helluva lot like Richard Pryor (at least to me)

I suspect there are a lot of such "hidden" images/people in action type flicks.

-Gunshy
Old 10-27-03, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Those don't seem so much "hidden people" as much as they're not-well-disguised goofs.

As for hidden images... can you find 1-100 in Drowning By Numbers?
Old 10-28-03, 03:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Supposedly you can see Bruce Willis's Character from Die Hard in Pearl Harbor. I think during a scene where Kate Beckinsale is treating some injured soilders.
Old 10-28-03, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Not really an image, but in Pact de Loups there's a fade transition between a snowy mound and Monica Belucci's breast.

Ahhhh...
Old 10-28-03, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Club Obi Wan in Temple of Doom.
Old 10-28-03, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Gyno Rhino
He's up on the mantle of Bilbo's fireplace, along with Fran Walsh.

Or did you mean something else?
Peter Jackson is also one of the townspeople in Bree. You see him in the street eating a carrot before the hobbits enter the Prancing Pony.
Old 10-28-03, 09:07 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally posted by thegame370
Supposedly you can see Bruce Willis's Character from Die Hard in Pearl Harbor. I think during a scene where Kate Beckinsale is treating some injured soilders.
I had heard about that a while back and watched that scene in slo-mo several times. It's debatable as to whether or not it's McLean - chances are it's just pure coincidence.
Old 10-28-03, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
JFK has some: http://www.btinternet.com/~meirionhughes/Pub/jfk.htm.
Old 10-28-03, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by taa455
Peter Jackson is also one of the townspeople in Bree. You see him in the street eating a carrot before the hobbits enter the Prancing Pony.
isn't he the guy who belches?
Old 10-28-03, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts
Desperado... The flashback when Antonio Banderas get's shot in the hand. If you go frame-by-frame, you can see a paintball of some sort going right for his hand.
Old 10-28-03, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Originally posted by harpo787
Actually, Kevin Smith only wrote for one story brief story arc in Daredevil (just a few issues). Can anyone confirm if he wrote more than one storyline for DD? I'd love to read more...which reminds me, must pick up his contribution to Green Arrow (the question now is when does Ben Affleck get cast as Green Arrow?)
Kevin Smith wrote 9 issues of Daredevil (and a 1/2 issue offered through Wizard), those nine issues took nearly two years to come out though, so it could be argued that he wrote Daredevil for "Years."

Smith returned to write a four issue Daredevil mini-series last Nov., "The Target." The first issue came out, and 11 months later we're still waiting for issue 2.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.