Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Quigley The Movie with Gary Busey. WTF?????

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 10-24-03, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anybody else seen the commercial for Quigley, a movie about a guy who, for some reason, has to come back as a dog, which stars Gary Busey as the dog? Is it just me, or does this commercial feel like a very funny SNL skit? I laugh my ass off every time it's on, especially when Gary Busey barks and the dog's bark sounds like the dog has been smoking cigarettes for the last 50 years, and also that clip of Gary Busey saying, "I am only ten inches tall!"

So what did Busey do to deserve this? I mean, is this his community service punishment or what?
Old 10-24-03, 08:38 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
There was a Chevy Chase movie with the same premise, his voice was in the body of Benji.
Old 10-25-03, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Groucho
There was a Chevy Chase movie with the same premise, his voice was in the body of Benji.
So was that Chevy Chase's community service punishment as well?

Also, isn't Quigley the same dog we saw in Double Take?

Old 10-25-03, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

There was a movie with Matthew Modine called Fluke which had the same exact premise too.

And that it some of the worse poster art I have ever seen in my life. I want that poster to frame on my bedroom wall.
Old 10-25-03, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 647 Likes on 447 Posts
This film was made by Destiny Worldwide Entertainment Inc., whose slogan is "G rated films for the Global Marketplace."

More info on them can be found on their website:
http://www.destinywe.com/

Quigley is their first film, but here's a list of their future productions:

1. "His Name is Joey" - is based on a true story. Where do children go when the foster system doesn't work? What choices are there for innocent lives that want more than life on the street? One of these children, Joey, is the "artful dodger" - a handful for everyone except Clarence who offers these wayward kids a safe haven. He also offers them something they can't get anywhere else - unconditional love.

2. "Quigley II - A Boy's Journey" - The sequel to Quigley is already in the works. Quigley, who is still on earth, is trying to help a stubborn eight-year-old girl, Toots Wyner, get her wayward life back together. He is in desperate need of Sweeney's help. Blubber Moran, a well-seasoned ten-year-old guardian angel, is summoned into heaven's "authority room" for an emergency meeting. Blubber received this nickname over two hundred years ago when other angels were annoyed by the strange sounds he put forth when he spoke. His traveling companion, Sweeney, is told to go back to earth to help Quigley, but due to his constant blundering, Blubber is sent back with Sweeney as his "Superior" to make sure things go smoothly and the team cam complete their assignment.

3. "Stubborn." When a gifted musician's parents are killed in an accident, Tag Fulmer is sent to live with his Grandfather. Unbeknownst to Tag, grandpa Mole Wilson is an angry, burnt out famous rock star that hasn't touched a guitar in years. An ugly lesson teaches Tag something he will never forget - and when hate turns to love - the only hope he has is that it's not too late.

4."Two Dogs and a Hog." Tucker Maynard is part of a traveling carnival. He has trained his beloved dogs - Butkus and Bogart to do a routine with Filly the hog. When carnival movers, Bo Feathers and Trace Wood, accidentally leave the animals in the wrong area, they are shipped off to unknown parts. Tucker and the other carnival kids set out on an unforgettable journey to find them.

5. "Flying Saucer." Kids are warned to stay away from Calloway Mulldoon' s house at the end of the block, but just can't do it. When brothers Chad and Austin snoop where they shouldn't - they find what looks like a big toy flying saucer. When they sit down inside, however, they discover too late that it's not a toy. Without warning, the saucer takes off right through a wall and much to the dismay of Calloway Mulldoon. When it crash-lands, moments later - Chad and Austin discover a robot that was built into the flying saucer survived the crash. Together they journey through what they believe is "another planet." What they learn from this experience - turns into a lifelong education that happens very fast.
Old 10-25-03, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...is this a joke? I'm confused. That trailer was horrible. WTF is right.
Old 10-25-03, 02:17 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Jay G.
Quigley is their first film, but here's a list of their future productions: ...
The company's motto should be:
"When time-outs, grounding, and spankings aren't enough... Destiny Worldwide Entertainment"
Old 10-25-03, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Jay G.
4."Two Dogs and a Hog." Tucker Maynard is part of a traveling carnival. He has trained his beloved dogs - Butkus and Bogart to do a routine with Filly the hog. When carnival movers, Bo Feathers and Trace Wood, accidentally leave the animals in the wrong area, they are shipped off to unknown parts. Tucker and the other carnival kids set out on an unforgettable journey to find them.

Butkus. Filly the Hog. Trace Wood. Two Dogs and a Hog. God, these people make me laugh at their products like Beavis and Butthead. They really should stop.
Old 10-25-03, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i feel so sorry for Gary

birrman54
Old 10-26-03, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That's kind of odd, Busey is usually so careful when he selects a script.

Honk!
Old 10-26-03, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I found yet another "Quigley" movie.

How many movies has this dog been in???
Old 10-26-03, 05:50 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Apparently, the dog's name is "Ed Begley Jr."