Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

What Sci-Fi movie is this?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-03, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I watched this movie probably sometime in the mid-80's... I don't remember the name but I think it was called something like Beyond the Stars... what I remember about it was that it was about a group of people and aliens who joined forces to fight a common enemy. The main character was a human and he had a spaceship that was a weird shape... and there was a scene where this group of people and aliens were at a campfire and cooking hotdogs. There were two or three aliens that were from the same planet and one bit into the hotdog and the rest could taste it or something like that... that's about all i remember about it, but I can't seem to recall the name or find it at the video store... thanks in advance.
Old 10-24-03, 08:35 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Sounds like Battle Beyond the Stars, the Roger Corman sci-fi remake of The Seven Samurai.

Old 10-24-03, 11:16 PM
Needs to provide a working email

Yep. Out on DVD, too. http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=NHD020209
Old 10-25-03, 07:08 PM

that was it! thanks! one more for you guys...

Thanks guys, that's the movie!

OK, here's one last one: Saw this probably in the mid-80's as well. All I remember about this movie is a really weird part where this young man is in what appears to be in some old lady's room (possibly his mother?). He's in front of the mirror slowly putting on lipstick and then he goes over and kisses his the old lady...

that's all I remember from the movie...

Thanks!