Old 10-23-03, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Survivor: 10/23/2003

Wow. The tensest episode yet.

Recap of Challenges and Tribal Council:

Spoiler:
Reward Challenge:
Four targets are lined up on the beach and each tribe takes turns firing a real cannon to knock them down. Drake wins 4-3, and gets a food reward of surf & turf with a grill. They loot the last water pot from Morgan.

Immunity Challenge:
Three members from each tribe hold a 15lb poll across their backs. Two members of the opposing tribe then strategically load two 10 pounds at a time on one of the three polls. The last standing wins. Rupert again outlasts Osten with more weight (200 to 160), but drops in the end (at 220). Shawn from Drake quits really early (140). Christa from Drake ends up holding the same weight as Osten for longer. In the end, Savage completely carries Morgan to a well-earned win.

Tribal Council:
Trish makes a play to oust Rupert with Jon and Sandra. Sandra doesn't play ball, and talks to Krista and Rupert. Shawn ends up being the swing vote.

6th off the island by a 4-2 vote, Trish.

And Rupert's snake died.

And how funny was the pelican? And Osten, could you be any more of a wuss?

Last edited by SunMonkey; 10-23-03 at 11:37 PM.
Old 10-23-03, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Spoiler:
Jon's face at tribal council was freaking PRICELESS.
Old 10-23-03, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whew, go Rupert. Man, Trish was quite the liar at tribal council. Smart move for Shawn... everyone's hate shifts from him to Jon now.

Osten.. lol. Afraid of a pelican?

Leave it to Jon to inspire Morgan into another victory. He just had to tell them that they threw that challenge. Hopefully he's gone soon. I did get a kick out of the look on his face after seeing who was voted out though.
Old 10-23-03, 09:06 PM

Spoiler:
It was so great how they got rid of Trish!! She totally deserved it for being so conniving and betraying Rupert like that! It was way to early to take him out...plus a whole lot less fun to watch! Jon is such a moron, I really cannot say that enough. And way to go getting Savage all riled up and ready to win by telling him you threw the challenge. Osten is just amusing now being the complete wuss that he is. I love how Jeff told everyone how Christa was now holding the same weight Osten threw down at! That was great! Overall, a very tense episode. Shawn's comment at tribal council (when he was voting) made me think he was getting rid of Rupert. Very nice overall!
Old 10-23-03, 09:40 PM

I'm starting to think Osten is faking it. I don't doubt he's a wuss, but there was a look he gave before he threw down that pole that made me think he was calculating how strong to appear.

Or maybe he is just a really big wuss.
Old 10-23-03, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts
I don't know if that's necessarily a good strategy on Osten's part if he is faking it. Kind of puts a big target on him if he keeps ****ing up the immunity challenges.

Drake dodged a bullet tonight by keeping Rupert. I think that if Rupert goes, the tribe would fall to pieces. They're not as strong as they appear, but have had excellent leadership from day one. Rupert is very much a motivating factor. If he went, then they're probably lose every single immunity challenge (not that they haven't been getting their asses kicked lately, though) and then, when the tribes merge, Morgan would have a majority and pick the rest of them off one by one.

And, my God, could Jon be a bigger dipshit?
Old 10-23-03, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, this was a great episode.

I can't recall an episode of Survivor before where I have cussed out a player during the first challenge and then totally admired him in the second challenge. Andrew really redeemed himself. During the reward challenge, I was really thinking he was worthless and let the team down, especially since he got more turns and should have had more practice by the time he missed the last time.

But man, during the immunity challenge-- Wow. He kicked so much ass. At the end, when he was crying I almost teared up myself.
Old 10-23-03, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Gotta give props to Andrew for being a man when Osten wussed out in the immunity challenge, and willed his tribe to victory. I bet Drake is wondering how they would have done if they have kept Burton around. Trish got sandbagged by Sandra.

Amazingly after 6 tribal councils, the tribes are deadlocked at 5 to 5. At least it'll make the merge interesting either next week, or the week after.
Old 10-23-03, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Wow. edge of my seat at the end there. Jon is so out of there. then again drake can't afford to lose another immunity challange as the numbers are already low.
Old 10-23-03, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Vegas9203
Spoiler:
It was so great how they got rid of Trish!! She totally deserved it for being so conniving and betraying Rupert like that! It was way to early to take him out...plus a whole lot less fun to watch!
I don't get the comment about betraying Rupert. Doesn't someone get 'betrayed' everytime they get voted out. I think it really would have been a good move to get Rupert out as he does have way too much control. Just by your comment you almost acknowledge the fact that he controls that whole team.

Spoiler:
Preview for next week makes it look like they are merging or somehow mixing the tribes up doesn't it? So John might be saved afterall.
Old 10-23-03, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I guess some of these contestants think that by booting off the food provider, you are betraying them. Whatever. Only 2 will get to the final vote, so it's just a matter of time. Rupert needs to shut his big yap at tribal council. And Sandra was dumb to be blabbing about the vote, right before the vote at tribal council.
Old 10-23-03, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
It looks like next week will be a To-Be-Continued episode.

Teaser from the CBS Website:
Spoiler:
* It's the first of a two-part episode full of surprises and revelations!
* The Survivors thought they were ready for anything. But, when the twist to beat all twists takes them by surprise, they can do little but shudder as they learn the curse of SURVIVOR: PEARL ISLANDS.
* A castaway makes a monumental decision.
My wild guess is that the castoffs will be back for some type of revenge.
Old 10-24-03, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by Jeraden

Spoiler:
Preview for next week makes it look like they are merging or somehow mixing the tribes up doesn't it? So John might be saved afterall.
Not really since he was running off his mouth to the morgan tribe. I'm sure they don't want him around anymore then drake does.
Old 10-24-03, 12:21 AM

Interesting to note that every person that initially voted with Burton is gone now. Drake doesn't take kindly to anyone initiating plots to oust people.

Next week looks interesting.
Spoiler:
Two parter... interesting. I bet they merge. Past coming back to haunt them... The title of the episode is "What the...?" Something crazy must happen
Old 10-24-03, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
small point but Morgan for some reason received a water pot after winning last week's immunity challenge with Rupert's help ... so they had two when Jon took the ratty looking one.
Old 10-24-03, 06:35 AM

Originally posted by Jeraden
I don't get the comment about betraying Rupert. Doesn't someone get 'betrayed' everytime they get voted out. I think it really would have been a good move to get Rupert out as he does have way too much control. Just by your comment you almost acknowledge the fact that he controls that whole team.
I'll agree. Betray is too much of a strong word. I think that she deserved it though, for getting a little too ahead of herself and plotting too much too soon. It was way to early for her to turn on Rupert, and I think it was kind of dumb for her (and Jon) to trust Sandra...I knew she would never go for Rupert getting the boot

Originally posted by Mourn
I'm starting to think Osten is faking it. I don't doubt he's a wuss, but there was a look he gave before he threw down that pole that made me think he was calculating how strong to appear.

Or maybe he is just a really big wuss.
I think he's just a big wuss! I don't think he's bright enough to be faking it.
Old 10-24-03, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Great episode. This is turning into my favorite Survivor since the Australian Outback.

I'm glad Sean voted with Rupert, Christa & Sandra and got rid of Trish. She's done so much for Drake though it's sad.
That was a stupid move by her suggesting they get rid of Ruppert this early in the game. Did she really think that Christa or Sandra wouldn't say anything to Rupert ? Is she that dumb ?
Now Jon looks like the traitor in the Drake tribe. Please let him go next week.

Good challenges this episode too. I'm looking forward to the merge.
Old 10-24-03, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If Rupert is smart, and it seems like he is, he'll do one of those "I'm mad!" kinda things, blow off some steam at Jon and use that anger to strengthen the tribe. They really can't afford to lose any more people before any kind of merger.

Besides, the other team hates Jon and Sandra, so it will be pretty easy to form strategic alliances post-merger in order to oust them.
Old 10-24-03, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Good to see people recognize how big of a threat Rupert is. I agree that it is ridiculous to take him out pre-merge, but once the merge happens, you have to take him out. Also, Rupert was idiot for saying the things he said during tribal council - never tip your hand.

This was the best episode by far in an otherwise lackluster season.
Old 10-24-03, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
anyone else think the preview might indicate
Spoiler:
that the voted out members are coming back to form another tribe?
Old 10-24-03, 08:47 AM

Originally posted by djbrown
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
perhaps Survivor producers have been influenced by the crazies that thought up Paradise Hotel? I hope they don't! That's way to gimmicky for Survivor!
Old 10-24-03, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts
I will never understand why contestants open their yaps so much at tribal council. I would try to be as vague as possible and answer everything with yes/no/maybe.

Although it backfired, Trish was smart for trying to get Rupert off.

BTW, I'm not sure how much weight Rupert had on his poles when he went down, but I think he may be starting to tire out a bit. Morgan totally beat Drake strategically last nite in the immunity challenge. And why the hell was Christa holding the pole and not John?
Old 10-24-03, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Spoiler:
I hope not.
Old 10-24-03, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I have the feeling it is more to decide the new tribes. I feel this year they may try to avoid a merge for as long as possible, to keep it different. The castoffs may vote to move a couple of people around, but we will see.
Old 10-24-03, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Looks like the self-proclaimed "puppetmaster" just screwed himself. The look on his face was priceless after the vote was revealed. He planned on having a 3-2 edge in the voting should the merge not occur ... he realized the instant that vote was revealed that he was now completely alone.

For the first time that smug, arrogant look was gone and he truly had fear and doubt in his eyes. What a shame

And he did absolutely NOTHING to help his cause if he does make it to the merger by his antics when looting Morgan. When will people learn that you can't act all arrogant and cocky and win this game?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.