Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

"Everybody Loves Raymond" On the Way???

Old 10-23-03, 06:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started a thread about this subject a couple weeks back but didn't get one single reply, so I thought I'd try again.

Has anybody heard if "Everybody Loves Raymond" season sets will be on the way anytime soon?

Hard to believe that so many series that have come far after this have already been released. "Raymond" has been on for something like seven seasons. I mean, we get "The Tick" but not "Raymond."
Old 10-23-03, 09:53 PM

Well i don't have any news. Sorry. I also hate it too when no one answers threads around here. It woulden't kill someone to reply with nope haven't heard anything. I've asked questions about movies coming on dvd and nobody answers them either Tarnower so i'm in the same boat.

But i'm am too surprised this hasn't come out yet or even at least coming soon. I had assumed it was already out. I'm pretty sure it will come isn't it like the Best Comedy of the Emmys this year?
Old 10-24-03, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Nope, haven't heard anything.
Old 10-24-03, 06:35 AM

Originally posted by Which Button?
I'm pretty sure it will come isn't it like the Best Comedy of the Emmys this year?
Yes, in September it finally won the Emmy for Outstanding Comedy Series. 'Bout damn time! Those liberal elites that vote for these things seem to never be able to "lower" themselves and vote their top awards for blue collar shows that reflect the lives of real, average American families. I'm sure that's the reason that "Roseanne" never was voted top comedy, and "Frasier" (which I admittedly do love) got something like five in a row. How "Raymond" was able to actually crack throrough and get enough votes is a mystery, albeit a pleasant one.

The problem with liberal elitist voting is even worse with the Golden Globes. The Hollywood Foreign Press Assn. can't even bring themselves to nominate blue collar shows like "Raymond," let alone award any trophies. I think the show was completely shut out of any Globe nominations, even acting.

Then again, history has always showed that most populist entertainment has always struggled to win mass critical approval (i.e. "Titanic").

Last edited by Tarnower; 10-24-03 at 06:39 AM.