Community
Search

The Undiscovered Country Artwork

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-03, 06:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Undiscovered Country Artwork

Hey

Here's the artwork for the collector's edition release of Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country which should be out early next year. No big surprises really as it follows the same artwork format as the rest of the CE releases. Will almost certainly be a two disc set anyway, although disc specs have yet to be released.

Old 10-22-03, 06:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't wait for that one! Definitely one of my favorites. Thanks for the cover art.
Old 10-22-03, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Sweet, I can't wait for this one!
Old 10-22-03, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The best last one with the old crew. Can't wait to get this one.
Old 10-22-03, 07:57 AM

Just a quick update, looks like it could well be a January 27th release for this one. Paramount will also be releasing a twelve disc boxset containing all six of the original crew films on the same day.
Old 10-22-03, 09:34 AM
Suspended

Ah, the last good Star Trek film. Yeah, Paramount has my money on this one - if they got me for STV, then they certanly got me here.
Old 10-22-03, 09:35 AM

Agh! No Special Edition or Director's Cut. Only a Collector's Edition.

Undiscovered Country is for me the best Star Trek movie ever made. I wish it would get a beter treatement....... Hope at least they fix the aspect ratio....the last version wasn't.
Old 10-22-03, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Same here VI is my favorite, hopefully they have a music score only track, I love the music in the movie.
Old 10-22-03, 11:54 AM

Paramount just needs to make sure that they continue the special editions through the next generation movies as well. And how about the original series in season box sets.
Old 10-23-03, 05:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
From DVDfile

Just in from Paramount Home Entertainment is the announcement of the sixth and final voyage of the old crew of the Starship Enterprise. On February 27th comes a two-disc special edition of Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, will at last complete every Trekkers collection. (Now how about reissuing all those Next Generation movies?) Presented in a newly remastered 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer and Dolby Digital 5.1, extras include director and screenwriter audio commentaries, the "Movie Making," "The Star Trek Universe," "Art Imitates Life" and "A Farewell" featurettes, extensive storyboards and production gallery and theatrical trailers. Retail is $24.95.
Old 10-23-03, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

well I'm happy about the newly remastered transfer but I wanted my music only track
Old 10-23-03, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ahhh, looking forward to this one. Hopefully, the last voyage of the original crew will bring out the best/most extensive extras to date.
Old 10-23-03, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
I seem to recall, at about the time of the film's premiere, there being a making of/promotional special that aired on TV... starring Marina Sirtis in character as Troi. The setup was she was searching the ships "history database" to learn more about the events that happened in TUC.

Spock's then-recent appearance on TNG in "Unification" was touched upon as well. Am I imagining this?

If not, it'd be a fun extrta to have on the DVD.
Old 10-23-03, 09:10 AM

I never heard that Paramount was stopping with #6. I was always under the assumption that they would continue the series of SE dvd's.

I sold the entire collection when #2 Directors Cut was announced and have been collection the new ones since. My main motivation was that #5, #6 & #Generations was not anamorphic. I have an HD 16x9 now, you have to pry this from my cold dead hand.

Anyway, If Paramount is going to continue the tread we should finally get Genrations anamorphic in June and First Contact SE in October, just in time for the holidays (again). Paramount would be totally insane to miss out on the oportunity to market First Contact again. I think everyone in here knows, and will buy First Contact SE if they do one. Hopefully we will get a Directors Cut or something cool.
Old 10-23-03, 09:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I never heard that Paramount was stopping with #6. I was always under the assumption that they would continue the series of SE dvd's.
Considering this is Paramount's main "cash cow" I would be VERY surprised if they stopped w/ this one. In fact I would be somewhat surprised if they didn't find a way to rerelease all of them again after they are done w/ the current set of releases. After all these are just "silver" editions, obviously we'll need a "gold" edition w/ extra fluff next
Old 10-23-03, 12:02 PM

Originally posted by Chew
Ahhh, looking forward to this one. Hopefully, the last voyage of the original crew will bring out the best/most extensive extras to date.
personally I'd like another commentary with the director, as I enjoyed his on the Wrath of Khan.

And I'd like to have a choice between the theatrical ending and the home video, scooby-doo ending....
Old 10-23-03, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I guess I'll end up selling my TNG Movie Collection even though FC and Insurrection are both anamorphic you can't have a trilogy like that where one is the odd ball
Old 10-23-03, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I cant wait. I liked this film. Now will it be the extended or theatrical version?
Old 10-23-03, 03:07 PM

CAN'T WAIT! MY FAVORITE TREK MOVIE!
Old 10-23-03, 05:39 PM

One report says Feb. 27, another (from thedigitalbits) says Jan. 27. So we'll have to see which is correct.

The video version of this film only added about 2 minutes to the theatrical movie, and the video version is what has played ever since on HBO, broadcast TV, etc. I would bet that this version is the video version (same as the previous DVD). Of course, it would be nice to see some deleted scenes on the special edition. I was intrigued by the deleted scenes on the STV special edition -- I thought some of them were too raunchy for Trek.
Old 10-23-03, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by DrOBoogie1
I was intrigued by the deleted scenes on the STV special edition -- I thought some of them were too raunchy for Trek.
Too raunchy for Trek? Come on Berman's day job is producing some of Extreme Associate's "finest" movies to date. He only concerns himself with ST at night.
Old 10-24-03, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
Will First Contact ever get this kind of treatment?
Old 10-24-03, 09:55 AM

One report says Feb. 27, another (from thedigitalbits) says Jan. 27. So we'll have to see which is correct.

The video version of this film only added about 2 minutes to the theatrical movie, and the video version is what has played ever since on HBO, broadcast TV, etc. I would bet that this version is the video version (same as the previous DVD).

I know it's only a couple of minutes, but I just can't stand the way they changed the identity of the sniper at the end for some reason.

"It's not a Klingon, it's old man Cranston from the haunted amusement park!"
Old 10-24-03, 12:14 PM
Cool New Member

I'd guess Jan. 27, since it's a Tuesday.
Old 10-24-03, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,409 Likes on 1,032 Posts
Originally posted by stinkeye
I know it's only a couple of minutes, but I just can't stand the way they changed the identity of the sniper at the end for some reason.

"It's not a Klingon, it's old man Cranston from the haunted amusement park!"
You know, I've always thought the fact that a Starfleet person being so involved in the conspiracy (along with Valeris) gives it more of an impact.

And come on, Trek was always a little better with a little cornball.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.