Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Best WWE Game for 2004?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-03, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best WWE Game for 2004?

From reading reviews, it looks like Smackdown HCTP is the best. It has all match types and both current and legend wrestlers. But does anyone know it any of these games (Raw, Wrestlemania, or Smackdown) has play-by-play commentary?

Thanks
Old 10-21-03, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
I THINK LOW does have comentary, but I could be mistaken I was too taken aback by the horrible gameplay. Wrestlemania doesnt have play by play, RAW doesnt and I dont think play by play could help how bad that game controls. SMACKDOWN however does have play by play during the story mode if Im not mistaken. But you want a really good wrestling game? Check out WWF WAR ZONE for the PS. Granted it is REALLY dated but that game has EVERYTHING.

-Ring Intros w/ actual themes (though they are short and the walk in is the same for every wrestler)

-Play-by-play commentary by JR, and Vince

-A pretty decent create-a-wrestler mode

-All the belts...except hardcore, US, and all those other useless belts.

-Video shorts of your rival taunting you.

I think if the team that made WRAZONE combined their efforts with whoever makes RAW for XBox they would have one hell of a game.
Old 10-21-03, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Add in the team from No Mercy for the N64 and it would be perfect. That's still one of the few N64 games I pull out and play.

BTW, has anyone caught the commercial for HCTP? Brock Lesnar walks around saying how he beat everyone (cuts to game footage for action bits) and how he'd never lose a match. Torrie Wilson walks in wearing, uh, not much and says "How about a bra and panties match?" It then cuts to game footage of a bra and panties match. Then cuts to Brock holding Torrie's bra and saying with a smirk "I win".

Yes, HCTP certainly has everything if they put that feature in!
Old 10-21-03, 09:19 AM

Warzone? LOW is using the same engine and you din't like it.

BTW, IMO, Wrestlemania the best out there this year.
Old 10-21-03, 10:23 AM

Originally posted by DGibFen
Add in the team from No Mercy for the N64 and it would be perfect. That's still one of the few N64 games I pull out and play.

BTW, has anyone caught the commercial for HCTP? Brock Lesnar walks around saying how he beat everyone (cuts to game footage for action bits) and how he'd never lose a match. Torrie Wilson walks in wearing, uh, not much and says "How about a bra and panties match?" It then cuts to game footage of a bra and panties match. Then cuts to Brock holding Torrie's bra and saying with a smirk "I win".
I thought the better part was the voiceover saying something to the effect of "No, we all win", which made me laugh.
Old 10-21-03, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by SteveOVig
Warzone? LOW is using the same engine and you din't like it.

BTW, IMO, Wrestlemania the best out there this year.
LOW does not use the WARZONE engine. I dont recall there being a grapple meeter when I locked up with someone. I recently tried to play LOW and I couldnt get into it, maybe your right but I'll give it a second look when I get to work today.