Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Fox's Fastlane

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-03, 01:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Fox's Fastlane

Anyone know anything about the Fastlane on Fox? Just wondering if the show is cancelled or if they have new episodes on the way.
Old 10-18-03, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gone. Too entertaining.

das
Old 10-18-03, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
It was ahead of it's time I say. Then again, considering what FOX does keep on it's network line up, I am surprised it's not on there still..
Old 10-18-03, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps it will find a new life if a DVD ever surfaces?
Old 10-18-03, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
don't take this as a thread crap, but what made this show "ahead of its time" Its the same over used cgi, loud rock music thing we see in the movies all the time, just on a tv show.
Old 10-18-03, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by Rypro 525
don't take this as a thread crap, but what made this show "ahead of its time" Its the same over used cgi, loud rock music thing we see in the movies all the time, just on a tv show.

Learn it, use it, get a clue.

Fastlane was a show that jumped on a trend of the whole MTV editing style that McG uses in films like Charles Angels. a film that you had an interest in getting in unrated form. These directors come from a Music Video background so of course the Loud Rock music background will be there. They could pass as music videos for a reason. It was also playing off of the whole Fast and Furious scene.

As for what happened to the show. I can honestly say I never watched a full episode. It was just bad. It recieved Fox's lovely Friday night of doom time slot. It eventually lost steam and you can say it jumped the shark, or at the very least had it's last grasp when they did a girl on girl FCC standards and practices approved fight. It eventually got moved to MTV and on MTV it was over shadowed with the other reruns that MTV shows non stop of their own productions.

My comment was made in an attempt at Sarcasm. Since you see, it wasn't ahead of it's time and it was pretty bad. Having the rest follow it only hit the point that considering everything else that is kept on fox opposed to the stuff that is canceled like family guy and futurama, Fast lane would easily fit along the lines of the rest of the crap fox keeps. It was ment as a nudge nudge wink wink sort of joke about it all.

Last edited by Jackskeleton; 10-18-03 at 04:29 PM.
Old 10-18-03, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth Jackskeleton •<HR SIZE=1>I can honestly say I never watched a full episode.

It was just bad.

Since you see, it wasn't ahead of it's time and it was pretty bad.
<HR SIZE=1>

Right.

Anyway, Rypro, while the effects were straight out of movies, the show was a modern day version of the Miami Vice theme: lots of action and hot chicks, but some good emotional depth along with it. If you didn't watch an episode, you'd think it was just another stupid car chase movie in episodic form, but once you watched it, you realized there was some depth to go with the fun. In a television landscape drowning in the same lawyer, cop, and doctor shows, it was a refreshing and energetic hour of entertainment. I miss it.

das

Last edited by das Monkey; 10-18-03 at 08:30 PM.
Old 10-18-03, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
doesnt mtv play this late at night?
Old 10-18-03, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

MTV plays a lot of things. well everything except Music Videos.
they used to show it till the ratings started showing. Not anymore. Just like WWF's sunday night heat, once the trend dies, MTV cuts the cords. No need to carry dead weight. So the trend of Fast and Furious. I remember a time when Friday night ment something to fox. Ah, those days I miss. I would agree with Das a little about television being flooded with the Cop/Lawyer/Doctor shows. Once one episode is a hit there is a flood of copycats.
Old 10-18-03, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The only redeeming quality to this show was the episode with Tiffany Amber Thesan and Jaime Pressley .
Old 10-18-03, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
It was fun to watch much like this season's Las Vegas. Simple as that. I miss it.
Old 10-18-03, 11:20 PM

Yeah, good fun. I actually found myself looking forward to watching it after I'd tape it.
Old 10-19-03, 01:48 PM

Just in case no one mentioned it yet - it had hot chicks!
Old 10-22-03, 08:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i was just wondering b/c i watched the last episode of the season and it had a "to be continued." I really hate that crap and want to watch the rest of it, but i guess that's hard to do since they canceled it.
Old 10-31-03, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

DVDs please

Just in case FOX reads these boards, I would really love to see a DVD box set with all the episodes and the conclusion. I think including the final episode in the box would give it that extra push to make it a successful DVD release if the price is reasonable.

Oh, and for those that did not watch it, but are bashing it. It is no worse than all these copycat court shows. It gets old after a while. Oh, and this was a thousand times better than any of the reality shows.
Old 10-31-03, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I enjoyed it, and would consider picking it up on DVD.