TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Joan of Arcadia 10/17/03

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-03, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Joan of Arcadia 10/17/03

10/17/03 - The Boat

Joan is given a directive to build a boat, and so she does...to the best of her abilities.

Will has a cop killer on his hands, and a station full of cops that don't like his management style.

Kevin tries to burn away his past life of achievements given his current state, and Will has no idea how to reach him, to make him understand how much he loves his son, walking or not walking.

By the time Joan's boat-building exercise is done, I echoed her exact words, "Cool."
Old 10-18-03, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish that Malucci would call Fat Tony a Nazi Dyke so he would get fired. I can't stand him or his character.

I sense a bit of romance in the future for Joan and the burnout. I hope that Kevin starts to come around a bit. His constant bitterness is a big drag on the show. I know that it is justified, but it would be great to see him lose the self pity and date that hot drive thru chick from last week.

Joan
Old 10-18-03, 01:18 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally posted by movieking
I sense a bit of romance in the future for Joan and the burnout. I hope that Kevin starts to come around a bit. His constant bitterness is a big drag on the show. I know that it is justified, but it would be great to see him lose the self pity and date that hot drive thru chick from last week.

Joan
My thoughts exactly.
Old 10-18-03, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another solid episode. This show's growing on me. I like how we got an explanation this episode of why Adam didn't want the guidance counselor to know about his artwork from the previous episode. Hopefully they’ll continue rewarding the constant viewer like this, rather than feeling they need to wrap everything up in a 50 min package like most shows do.

I also agree on where the Adam/Joan relationship seems to be headed. She did ask when God asked her to build a boat "How come you never ask me to do something like find a boyfriend?" - a question that was left hanging without an answer by God. Then combine that with the talk at the end and it seems pretty apparent that they’ll be getting to know each other better soon.
Old 10-18-03, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I set the ol'd VCR to record the show.......but a special report on burning building here in town consumed most of the hour...they replayed it, but later the same night....which I still hadn't come home from, so I missed it.

Really pissed too, I'm starting to really like this show.
Old 10-20-03, 03:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
Originally posted by movieking
Joan
U mean, JANE

... agree Joan[Amber] is a Hottie

Last edited by gerrythedon; 10-20-03 at 03:07 AM.
Old 10-20-03, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Okay I have to first say that I really enjoy this show, but I have two (2) major problems with it. First and foremost, the brothers whinning has got to stop. And number two, why is it that with ten (10) minutes before the show ends, all police work is wrapped up.

And Im sorry if you didnt see that
Spoiler:
it was the partner that offed the second cop
there is a problem.

But again I do really like the show.
Old 10-20-03, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I love the show, but I think it would be much better if they didn't spend so much time on the police storylines. I like crime shows, but these little plots aren't as rewarding as, say, CSI or Law & Order. Stick to what the show is about. It seems like the dad gets more airtime than Joan.

I know that she helped him solve a case before, but I don't want this show to turn into something so formulaic as Joan solving crimes every week.
Old 10-22-03, 04:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Man i just watched this episode. I just love this show and it's message. I also agree that the brother needs to just get on with his life and stop making everyone else suffer for what happened to him. I find myself with a tear in my eye after every episode. My roommate even likes the show and he HATES tv. He's told me long ago that he would NEVER spend 50 bucks or something on a box set and he actually said he would buy this show when it hits dvd, now that's amazing heh.. I love how each thing she is given to do has a direct impact on someone elses life whether she realizes it or not. I also agree that the cop stuff should be toned down a bit, I really look forward to god showing up and talking to joan and would like to see that more. Once again this show rocks and i usually don't like these 1 hour drama shows but i'm totally hooked on this one