International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

make xbox prog-scan

Old 10-17-03, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
make xbox prog-scan

I haven't been back to this forum for awhile and I was suprised to learn my xbox can be used for pal to ntsc convert. I did use it for watching my futurama r2 dvds. Since they are not anamorphic I never noticed anything different about it. After reading some post I thought I would just give you all a heads up on making your chipped xbox progressive scan. This works on the dvd-x software that you can find on the web. It's made with the xbox dev kit so it is illegal but the patch is not. http://xbox-scene.com/tools/tools.php?page=xbexbx
Also the price on the ps2 is coming down to about $100 to match the gamecube. And microsoft has matched every price drop that sony has done. We may have a decent $100 region free player soon. Chipping your xbox isn't hard. I've done 3 succesfully and this was my first time soldering.