Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Panasonic PT-47WX53?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-03, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Panasonic PT-47WX53?

I tried searching for a thread on this, but was unable to come up with anything. So if there already was a thread, my apologies. I'm looking to get my first widescreen, HD television, but don't have a ton of money to blow. I have the opportunity to get a Panasonic PT-47WX53 for $1,016 (which seems be about $475 less than what Best Buy/Circuit City/etc. are selling it for). So my questions are:

Does anyone have this TV? Is it a good TV? Is there something else in the $1,000 price range I should be looking at instead? Or should I go for this one?

I don't mind going a bit smaller, but do want to stick with a HD, widescreen TV. Thoughts, anyone?
Old 10-17-03, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have the Panny PT47wx42 and I really like it. I'm pretty sure that the one you're asking about is the same as mine, except with a screen protector and maybe DVI connection.

And that's a good price too. I bought mine last christmas for (tax included) $1550.00, so just a hair over 1G ain't bad at all.

I say get it, and enjoy it!
Old 10-21-03, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Yeah, I have this tv too. I paid what steelcurtain did, around 1500 at bestbuy w free 3 year service plan (No way I would pay for that).

I'm more then happy with it, at the price I paid, so I think you're getting a real good deal. I just already am wanting a bigger one. Other than that, it's great tv, good picture, esp. with component cables & progressive going in.
Old 10-22-03, 04:08 PM
Cool New Member

I just bought the same exact TV in 53" for $1297. I waited awhile for a HDTV widescreen and I LOVE IT!!! Can you afford a couple bills more for the extra 6"? GO FOR IT if you can.
Old 10-22-03, 09:12 PM

yep, I've got the 53" version (for about a year now) great tv and really worth the little extra $ for the 6"
Old 11-06-03, 09:49 AM

pt47wx42

Originally posted by steelcurtain
I have the Panny PT47wx42 and I really like it. I'm pretty sure that the one you're asking about is the same as mine, except with a screen protector and maybe DVI connection.

And that's a good price too. I bought mine last christmas for (tax included) $1550.00, so just a hair over 1G ain't bad at all.

I say get it, and enjoy it!
I have the PT47WX42 and I love it too, bought in March 2003. Recently I moved my HDTV to another spot and now the background pictures seem to be distorted and very bright and also I'm noticing a green outline around some certain places like peoples faces and on the background outlines, I tried the convergence 1 & 2 and tried the THX video setup and nothing seems to work. Did you ever had any problems like this and if so I would like to know also do you have the HD cable box or receiver? and if so how does it work? Thanks
Old 11-06-03, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Interesting, I've never seen problems like that on mine, and I've moved to a new house since buying it. Sounds to me like you need some warranty work done. FWIW, I've got two DTiVo's, one DirecTV/HD receiver, a VCR (although I haven't watched anything on it, I just use it as a clock) and a JVC progressive scan DVD player all hooked up to it.

I calibrated my set with AVIA shortly after buying it, and it's worked like a champ ever since.
Old 11-07-03, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just bought this one myself, and I was wondering where you found it so cheap. I thought I got it for pretty cheap, but that is a really good deal. Also, where did you find the 53" for that price Sergeant? Mine has not been delivered yet, so if I can find it cheaper or upgrade to bigger, that would be great.
Old 11-09-03, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by FantasticVSDoom
I just bought this one myself, and I was wondering where you found it so cheap. I thought I got it for pretty cheap, but that is a really good deal. Also, where did you find the 53" for that price Sergeant? Mine has not been delivered yet, so if I can find it cheaper or upgrade to bigger, that would be great.
I wish I could help you with the lower price, but mine is an employee-discount situation. My apologies.
Old 11-09-03, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I am also looking at this TV @ CC for $1700 --- where can i get it cheaper?