DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Outlook xp problem running under win xp

Canis Firebrand
10-16-03, 10:32 AM
Lately I've been having an weird problem creep up.

I run win xp pro on my computer and office xp.

I use outlook as my email program. When I start outlook, it starts my msn messenger and logs me in.

When I close outlook and then try to close msn messenger it responds saying that an application is using features of windows messaging and cannot close.

How the heck to I either stop msn from opening when outlook starts or be able to close msn when outlook exits.

I'm stumped.

FiveO
10-16-03, 12:20 PM
Trying to get MSN messenger to not start up when either windows or outlook starts is like trying to get pee out of a pool ;)

I did finally find that if you go into the options menu of Messenger you can uncheck the box that says something like Auto start when windows starts.

I'm running XP Home and XP Office/Outlook also.

Canis Firebrand
10-16-03, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by FiveO
Trying to get MSN messenger to not start up when either windows or outlook starts is like trying to get pee out of a pool ;)

I did finally find that if you go into the options menu of Messenger you can uncheck the box that says something like Auto start when windows starts.

I'm running XP Home and XP Office/Outlook also.

That option I got and turned off as soon as I loaded my system.
:)

I really hate microsoft products sometime... If I'm in my email, I don't need msn messenger starting up..
:johnwoo: mircosoft logic.

Toad
10-16-03, 12:33 PM
I believe it's an option in Outlook actually. Maybe I'm wrong, but try Tools --> Options --> Other, and unclick the "enable messenger" thing.

I used to have the same thing happen, and eventually I figured out how to rid myself of the problem.