TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Camp Jim

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-03, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Camp Jim

Synopsis from mtv.com:
Camp Jim is a dramatic, nerve-racking, and seriously hilarious ride through the competitive world of cheerleading. Focusing on 15 potential pom-pom pros, the half-hour show follows the action of a two-week, intensive cheer camp overseen by all-star cheerleading coach Jim McMullan. Jim will encourage, motivate and push-push-push our cheerleading hopefuls to their physical and emotional limits as they struggle to make their squads.

Each week, check out 5 new girls and guys who are hoping Jim can turn them into cheerleading superstars. Decide which ones you think have the spirit to realize their dreams.
<hr>

Has anyone checked this show out? I saw it was scheduled to be on when I had to work so I set it to record just to see what it is all about. Definitely isn't a show that is going to win any awards, but I sort of like it. I'm sure it doesn't hurt that I have an unusual interest in cheerleaders (probably about 1/4 of the girls I have dated were cheelearders). I kind of feel like a pervert watching this show because the girls are all in high school.

Some of you, but probably not many, might recognize Jim from MTV's made when he helped coach a girl wanting to become a cheerleader. He is pretty brutal on the girls.
Old 10-15-03, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I missed the first episode, but I'm sure I'll catch it on reruns. Looks pretty good.

Old 10-15-03, 08:03 PM

Received 805 Likes on 523 Posts
We watched the preview show last Saturday, but caught the second epsiode on Tuesday. It's a pretty good show, but when they try to cover 18 days on one person in a half hour format it goes too fast.

If its on and I have nothing else to do, I watch it...

... seems that my wife didn't make the Cheer Squad because she couldn't do a back handspring either... like the girl in ep 2.