Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Tremor Forces Ozzy Osbourne To Cancel Tour

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 10-15-03, 09:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.nbc4.tv/entertainment/255...110152003&ts=H

Singer's Doctor Says Condition Is Not Parkinson's Disease

POSTED: 7:31 a.m. EDT October 15, 2003

Osbourne issued a statement Tuesday saying he's been in Boston for the past three weeks having medical tests for the tremor, which has become "markedly worse over the past two years."

"I was at the point where it felt as if this problem was practically destroying my life along with my self-esteem," Osbourne said in the statement. "I was no longer comfortable being around people, which, as you can imagine, is not the best trait for a performer."

Osbourne's doctor, Dr. Allan H. Ropper, advised the singer to cancel his European tour, which was set to begin Oct. 22 in Dublin.

Roppper, who is the neurologist at Caritas St. Elizabeth's Medical Center in Boston, said in the statement that Osbourne "does not have Parkinson's disease."

"However, he does have a tremor, which is coming under control with medication," Ropper said in the statement. "Unfortunately, one of the side effects of the medication is dry mouth, which greatly impairs the voice."

Ropper said the side effects of the medication will subside in three to four weeks. Osbourne said he will "be over in the new year to complete my European tour."

Chris
Old 10-15-03, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts
Alot of fans are gonna miss him play the same 13 songs that he has been doing for the last 10 years.
Old 10-15-03, 10:43 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by cdollaz
Alot of fans are gonna miss him play the same 13 songs that he has been doing for the last 10 years.
Yeah, apparently it's better to be like you and listen to bands that suck so bad that they don't last a fraction of the time Ozzy has, and haven't built up 13 songs that people would want to listen to for years.
Old 10-15-03, 11:26 AM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is where trash-talking and thread-crapping ends.

Benedict
Moderator, Music Talk
Old 10-15-03, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally posted by JestersTear
Yeah, apparently it's better to be like you and listen to bands that suck so bad that they don't last a fraction of the time Ozzy has, and haven't built up 13 songs that people would want to listen to for years.
Actually, smart guy, I love Ozzy's music and have all of his music.

I just have a problem with charging big bucks for tickets, and then playing a set that is barely over an hour, and is made up of the same exact songs as the previous 5 tours, minus a couple of new songs.
Old 10-15-03, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Actually Ozzy's set list changed recently when Jason Newsted came in to play bass.
Old 10-16-03, 03:08 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts
I hope Ozzy beats this. I have much love a respect for the "Godfather of Heavy Music".

Last edited by Giantrobo; 10-17-03 at 02:36 AM.
Old 10-16-03, 01:32 PM
Cool New Member

I'll probably regret the pun later but perhaps this will force him to shake up his setlists in the future.
Old 10-17-03, 02:35 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts

you're thinking of KISS...