Enterprise 10/15/2003

I haven't posted in a while so:

Title: Exile
Production Number: 158
Written By: Phyllis Strong
Directed By: Roxann Dawson

Guest Cast:

Maury Sterling as Tarquin

"A powerful telepath makes contact with Hoshi and offers to help Enterprise find the Xindi ... for a price."

Gee, I hope there's caves!
Old 10-14-03, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry, but somebody really beat you to it:

http://dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread....hreadid=322981
Old 10-14-03, 01:24 PM
razorbackfan

Oops...I didn't notice something from that far back.
Old 10-14-03, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And I was just about to bump that one up.
Old 10-15-03, 04:08 PM
razorbackfan

My Enterprise can beat up your Enterprise!
Old 10-15-03, 07:16 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
First HD broadcast of Ent. Looks good, but even that can't make me watch it.
Old 10-15-03, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
that zenith banner covered some nice hoshi parts. that's pure evil
why doesn't archer and company blow up the spheres they find? did they say something about that the first time they found one?
teh CG looked a little cheap this episode
Old 10-15-03, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

i thought it was a good episode. a lot bettter than last week, but that's not saying much.

i'm guessing they don't have the ammo to blow up a "small moon", much less 50 of them.
Old 10-15-03, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
all they should need is a bomb on the reactor inside though
Old 10-16-03, 05:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hoshi and the Beast wasn’t too bad – until the "port thruster incident." That one sequence made owning Battlefield Earth seem worthwhile after all. It was just plain STOOPID!

It’s my understanding that the direction was phoned in. Anybody know about that?
Old 10-16-03, 05:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Wizdar
Hoshi and the Beast wasn’t too bad – until the "port thruster incident." That one sequence made owning Battlefield Earth seem worthwhile after all. It was just plain STOOPID!

It’s my understanding that the direction was phoned in. Anybody know about that?
That shuttlepod incident was pointless! Here's hoping it turns out to have a much deeper meaning than just "Trip messed up". But, I'm not holding my breath.

A rather unremarkable episode with all the Hoshi bits feeling rehashed from previous Trek series.

But, I like the fact that the sphere subplot actually seems to be going somewhere.
Old 10-16-03, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Chew
Here's hoping it turns out to have a much deeper meaning than just "Trip messed up".
It does. It means Roxann Dawson and/or the CGI department understand physics about as much as I understand Yiddish.
Old 10-16-03, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
I actually liked this episode. Agreed that the shuttlepod incident was just so unnecessary. Dawson should have vetoed that one when she took the helm. I think I prefer the episodes that focus on the non-main characters. Mayweather ALMOST had some dialogue in this one but it didn't happen.

I'm currently writing a paper on Enterprise as the death of the Star Trek franchise. If they keep trying to put forth some effort I might have to rethink my paper.
Old 10-16-03, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by lisadoris
If they keep trying to put forth some effort I might have to rethink my paper.
Something tells me I doubt you'll need to do that.
Old 10-16-03, 08:03 AM
razorbackfan

Ok, you're a woman alone in an aliens home who is hitting on you. So of course, you wear your skimpy little low cut dress. Too bad the alien wasn't another woman, she wouldn've gone for it then.
Old 10-16-03, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If they keep trying to put forth some effort...
I have yet to see the beginnings of a hint that there is any evidence of that.
Originally posted by Bandoman
GO RED SOX!!! GO CUBS!!!

What was this thread about?
This moment of clarity was brought to you by Bando<sup>TM</sup> brand potato chips – because it’s all about the game.

Last edited by Wizdar; 10-16-03 at 08:44 AM.
Old 10-16-03, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Ruler

Received 1,271 Likes on 729 Posts
This episode bugged the heck outta me.. I have so many questions and comments...

Spoiler:

So this guy can use these amazing telepathic powers to put an image in someone's head - anything he likes. Pretty handy ability to have. Is this planet going to get the Talos IV treatment? Does this guy more or less have the same power as the Talosians (albiet limited to only certain people)?

He was also able to turn the enterprise power off and back on seemingly by telepathy? How exactly is he doing that?

It's always a good idea if you are planning to trap someone into staying with you, to show them your most prized posession. "Sorry, you have to stay! HA HA.. Oh, hey! Let go of my super telepathy crystal egg thingee! I'll do anything!".

The whole shuttlepod incident on the sphere was pretty embarassing. Looks like those pods don't need landing thrusters at all - seems like just crash landing them and bouncing around a bit doesn't affect them. What the heck was that?

Trip encased the pod in trellium, however when you see the pod it looks normal. So, I guess he incased it in trellium and then had the crew re-paint it? I guess you need it to look good.

Old 10-16-03, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

a couple of those issues: the guy trusted Hoshi and wanted her to trust him so he revealed his crystal ball. they lined the hull with trellium so that probably means inside the shuttle pod.
Old 10-16-03, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Ruler

Originally posted by Venusian
a couple of those issues: the guy trusted Hoshi and wanted her to trust him so he revealed his crystal ball. they lined the hull with trellium so that probably means inside the shuttle pod.
The guy said he the others resisted as well at first, but over time they realized.. So you would think by now he would know that trust doesn't come in a few days, and that shouldn't wouldn't be willing to stay.

I thought they were in a rush to get that pod ready? Instead of pulling out the entire insides, lining the insides, and then popping everything else back in.. wouldn't it be faster and more practical to just line the outside?
Old 10-16-03, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm currently writing a paper on Enterprise as the death of the Star Trek franchise. If they keep trying to put forth some effort I might have to rethink my paper.
You shouldn't have to rethink it too much... other than maybe going back a bit and looking at Voyager as well.
Old 10-16-03, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

On the Hoshi issue: if the guy was such a good mind reader, he shoulda figured out that she wouldn’t be a suitable companion. If this is a “love is blind” thingie, well, there was never even a hint that there was any love involved, just companionship.

As far as the shuttle pod is concerned, they wouldn’t have to rip one apart and put it back together. It’s been established since Voyager that they have an unlimited supply of the things. Just build another from scratch.

lisadoris, make sure you give me credit for being the first to say (early in Season 1) that B&B will be able to put on their résumés that they are the ones who killed Trek. And “They’ll never work in this town again.”
Old 10-16-03, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What the heck are we going to rip on next week when Enterprise is a repeat?
Old 10-16-03, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Ruler

Originally posted by Chew
What the heck are we going to rip on next week when Enterprise is a repeat?
We can bitch that they are showing repeats after only being 6 episodes in
Old 10-16-03, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Old 10-16-03, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

but voyager at least had replicators to help build the new shuttles

Originally posted by Wizdar
On the Hoshi issue: if the guy was such a good mind reader, he shoulda figured out that she wouldn’t be a suitable companion. If this is a “love is blind” thingie, well, there was never even a hint that there was any love involved, just companionship.

As far as the shuttle pod is concerned, they wouldn’t have to rip one apart and put it back together. It’s been established since Voyager that they have an unlimited supply of the things. Just build another from scratch.

lisadoris, make sure you give me credit for being the first to say (early in Season 1) that B&B will be able to put on their résumés that they are the ones who killed Trek. And “They’ll never work in this town again.”

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.