Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

CSI: Miami (10/13) - "Death Grip" (guest: Jeff Corwin)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-03, 08:43 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

When a 14-year-old up-and-coming tennis star is kidnapped Her parents, John and Krista who are upper-middle class socialites with big wallets and ambitions to match, arranged for her to have private tuition to jump-start her career.her kidnapping turns into a media frenzy, and the it only increases when the team find blood on her bed sheets.
Ahhh. a twist/rip-off on the NBC-owned phrase "RIPPED FROM THE HEADLINES!"

At first I thought, oh great... another Elizabeth Smart made-for-tv episode. But I was wrong.

That tennis coach was just plain creepy...

But having Jeff "Crock-Hunter Wannabee" Corwin make a guest spot as Delco's college buddy was kinda creepier. I felt like I was watching PBS or the Discovery channel.

The abducted girl's dad looked really familiar. He's guested on another show recently (L&O or CSI I think).

What did y'all think of this ep?
Old 10-14-03, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: CSI: Miami (10/13) - "Death Grip" (guest: Jeff Corwin)

Originally posted by Goldberg74
The abducted girl's dad looked really familiar. He's guested on another show recently (L&O or CSI I think).
Did you watch Taken on Sci-fi? He was a main character in the show/movie.

Episode was ok:
- Didn't like how he finds the little girl in the dryer, didn't anyone else look around?
- They try to determine the car by the engine sound. How many red sports cars are made of fiberglass?? Corvette came to mind right away, which would have narrowed the search.
Old 10-14-03, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Hey, finally a CSI: Miami episode where they are going through the 'glades looking for body parts. That was pretty gruesome stuff (chomped on body parts) on display. Delco gets to do more legwork (sorry, couldn't resist), while Horatio just keeps on delivering the smugness.
Old 10-14-03, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
A viper and a vette sound nothing alike, both have distinct sounds, especially the Viper.

Okay episode, still not as strong as the original.
Old 10-14-03, 10:39 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Decent episode last night. I like how the show did a complete 180 halfway through because I too thought it was gonna be another "ripped from the headlines" story.

The tennis coach was a bit creepy and the whole time I was trying to place where I had seen him before. I finally figured it out when it was over...he was a minor character on the final season of Dawson's Creek.
Old 10-14-03, 01:44 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
ok episode

I had to look at my clock twice when they found the first girl because I thought it was over already.
Old 10-14-03, 02:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have to say overall I'm just not getting into the Miami one as much as the original. For those who watched it last season (I just started watching it last week) are the last couple of eps typical? I can't quite put my finger on it but something seems to be missing...
Old 10-14-03, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This episode was laughable. This was the last straw for me on this show. Its off the season pass list.

RIP

CSI: Miami
Old 10-14-03, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by nemein
I have to say overall I'm just not getting into the Miami one as much as the original. For those who watched it last season (I just started watching it last week) are the last couple of eps typical? I can't quite put my finger on it but something seems to be missing...

It's missing a good lead actor. David Caruso is horrible. He is not likable at all. I don't know about you but I actually root for the bad guy to get away.
Old 10-14-03, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Now that's a good idea, have the bad guy get away with it for multiple episodes, mocking Horatio during Sweeps, I'd tune in for that!

Last edited by Patman; 10-14-03 at 03:08 PM.
Old 10-14-03, 05:52 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
Now that's a good idea, have the bad guy get away with it for multiple episodes, mocking Horatio during Sweeps, I'd tune in for that!

I'm waiting for the episode where someone steals his sunglasses and he spends the whole hour looking for the perp.
Old 10-14-03, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This show is so unintentionally funny. I laughed hard at Horatio's "pretty red car" line, but then I really lost it when he said (in all seriousness) "I am the KING of Fiber."

I honestly didn't get what the motive was for killing the other girl. Usually when they solve the crime, a flashback shows how the crime happened. They never even determined how or why he killed the other girl.

I wasn't sure why they were so convinced he was guilty of something at first. I mean, he was a 23 year old man dating a 16 year old girl. That has been known to happen. I kept expecting that they would find another killer, or that the other dead girl was totally unrelated to the kidnapping.
Old 10-16-03, 02:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Great song at the end though. For those of you who might be curious, the artist is Lamb and the song title is "Gabriel".