Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Any chance of Wrestlemania DVD box set?

TalkDirtyToMe
10-13-03, 04:12 AM
With Wrestlemania XX a few months away,anyone thinks there's a chance that the WWE will release this much needed collection on DVD?
Recently I've been really tempted to pick up on eBay the Wrestlemania legacy VHS box set 1-14,i have 15-19 on DVD so that would be the complete collection,but i'd much rather pick up the complete set in some nice fancy 20th anniversery DVD box set.
What do you think,any chance of this happening??

Class316
10-13-03, 07:39 AM
Probably not. Theyíve never ever released older PPVs on DVD. Be it WWF block logo, WWF scratch logo, WCW logo, or ECW logo. If I were you Iíd convert these VHSís to DVD (if you do that then email me lol)

Scott27
10-13-03, 05:17 PM
With all they hype their making for WMXX, I expect to see some older WM DVDs released either right before WMXX or released at the same time as the WMXX DVD. Whether it'll be a box set of all of them, or just select ones I don't know but I expect SOMETHING to be released next year. It makes perfect business sense and, barring a couple of exceptions (i.e. WBF and XFL), Vince is a very good businessman. I think they're producing these DVDs as we speak (or at least planning them).

Damage
10-13-03, 06:11 PM
With the current state of WWE, Vince needs a bit more cash to get back into the billionaires club, so I'm guessing this won't be too far off. Right now, the only thing close to it is the 2nd disc in the WrestleMania 2000 DVD set. Essentially 10-15 of highlights from WM1-15.

edytwinky
10-13-03, 07:08 PM
WM20, if not then maybe never.

Class316
10-13-03, 07:26 PM
Personally, I donít think Vince will see it as a good business move. How many people are going to pay for a WM 20 boxset?? Letís say $10 per WM (and thatís a very conservative figure) then thatís already $200. So maybe we will get SOME sort of boxset like WM 1,10,20, or a 4-disc best of, or something, but I donít see all 20 coming out.

The Nature Boy
10-14-03, 02:02 AM
Class you make a good point, but I think it would be more of niche/specialty item. There are many people making money selling bootleg copies, and as evidenced by the recent busts, McMahon HATES that. I'm counting on this perhaps this time next year, as Wrestlemania 20 makes a nice round number to make a box set with. Once WMXX makes it retail round, release the boxset about now as a stocking stuffer. While many might not pay the 200 or so it would cost, not many buy the front row seats to wrestlemania for 1000 bucks, but enough do to make it profitable.

My only quibble with it would probably a lack of extras with each one. I'd really want some nice special features from all the living principles of the bigger matches on each card, and a Vince or Jim Ross commentary would be phenomenal(devleing more into the backstage/politcal stuff surrounding each match)

drmoze
10-14-03, 02:40 AM
Forget the extras, I would plunk down my $$$ just for the original, *unedited* broadcasts! Maybe add the pre-show sppecials for those that had them, but I don't need any dumb commentaries. I mean really, how many of these extras do you really sit through? I want the *content*, the main show. That's enough history and action in itself.

TalkDirtyToMe
10-14-03, 02:47 AM
OK,so with most replies being negative,what do you think,should i go for the video box of Wrestlemania's 1-14 for about $100 from eBay?
I dislike VHS as much as the next guy.but i really want these,what should i do???

Class316
10-14-03, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by TalkDirtyToMe
OK,so with most replies being negative,what do you think,should i go for the video box of Wrestlemania's 1-14 for about $100 from eBay?
I dislike VHS as much as the next guy.but i really want these,what should i do???

Get them if you can get them transferred to DVD. VHS sucks.

SteveOVig
10-14-03, 09:42 AM
They wouldn't need to release a huge set. Just 4 sets with 5 discs in them. Maybe they could release them as double sided discs as well.