DVD Talk
Is there a "bevel" or "shadow" option for text in Photoshop? [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Is there a "bevel" or "shadow" option for text in Photoshop?

cartman
10-08-03, 10:13 PM
I could swear I remember there being an option to add text effects (not just warping) when making buttons in Photoshop, but I am not finding them now. If I am having memory blips, and there isn't such an effect, can you recommend a font that looks beveled? Am I spelling beveled correctly?

DivxGuy
10-08-03, 11:30 PM
I think it's in there somewhere. If not, there are plenty of tutorials on how to achieve it using other ways.

Eyeball Design has some great tutorials on Photoshop.

belboz
10-09-03, 12:34 AM
With Photoshop 7, type out the text as you normally would. This will automatically create a new text layer. Select that text layer then go to the menu: Layer>Layer Style>Blending Options

That'll bring up a dialog wherein you can enable bevel, drop shadow, and various other effects for that layer.

BTW, the shortcut for this is to just double click on the layer in the layer list. Make sure the pointer is on an area where there's no text however or it'll think you want to rename the layer.

cartman
10-09-03, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by belboz
With Photoshop 7, type out the text as you normally would. This will automatically create a new text layer. Select that text layer then go to the menu: Layer>Layer Style>Blending Options

That'll bring up a dialog wherein you can enable bevel, drop shadow, and various other effects for that layer.

BTW, the shortcut for this is to just double click on the layer in the layer list. Make sure the pointer is on an area where there's no text however or it'll think you want to rename the layer.

Many thanks, I knew it was in there somewhere :).