Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Paul Weller - live @ Braehead

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-03, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought this DVD yesterday .. and I'm very pleased with it.
30 songs, 2 hours, with impressive sound.

I found the cover notes interesting though. They mention that this was the 2nd night's show at Braehead, and that they had bad sound problems the opening night ..

.. and the first night had been marred by sound difficulties, with Weller's on-stage response to these problems being less than magnaminous, resulting in some controversy among both fans and the Scottish media. Therefore, to say the least, there was something of an edoge to the atmosphere on this second night. But Paul Weller is never better than when his back's to the wall, and this apparent tension seems to noticably steel hom in his performance - resulting in what is arguably one of the best solo-shows he's ever committed to film
.. does anyone have any info about what happened on the opening night and what Paul Weller's actual response was ??