Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Sims 2 (PC)

Old 10-06-03, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 230 Likes on 164 Posts
The Sims 2 (PC)

There's just one way to describe this game:

They are giving The Sims MEMORIES. First kiss, first jilt by a lover, etc. And if another Sim was present during the breakup he or she can share it with other Sims so they can come and console you. If you happen to see your past lover on the street, you become depressed again. They have videos of a shy Sim and it is so spot on it's like they're really human. Those are the big two things, memories and personalities. It is awe-inspiring what they are doing with the game.
Old 10-06-03, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah, now I can relive angst of my teenage years....

This is truly going to be incredible, and addicting!
Old 10-06-03, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I forgot... you also get to age. You can go from kid to old age and go through the various stages of having a child (toddlers, young'uns, teenagers (who date), marriages, grandkids).

It's everything that makes The Sims The Sims, but 100% better and with lots more.

Get this... your kids WILL LOOK LIKE YOU. They will inherit the appearance and personalities of both parents. And you can share trade secrets with them from your job so that they can become successful in your field of business.

The Create a Sim engine now has ever more options so that you can create Sims that look a lot like you.

Last edited by GatorDeb; 10-06-03 at 11:55 PM.
Old 10-06-03, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm impressed with the game and enjoyed the first one but the amount of expansions they made was nuts and so was the price. I really don't think all the expansions had enough to warrant the full price. Livin Large and House Party seemed like I rip off when I bought them for my wife. Unleashed was neat but it seems that once we got that The Sims never wanted to play properly again so we gave up on the game.

If it would come to the XBOX with downloads on LIVE I would think about getting it. Even if you had to pay for the updates on LIVE I'm sure it would still be cheaper.
Old 10-06-03, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You don't have to buy any expansions

Last edited by GatorDeb; 10-06-03 at 11:59 PM.
Old 10-07-03, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 378 Likes on 282 Posts
wow, looks good, when does it come out?
Old 10-07-03, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by GatorDeb
You don't have to buy any expansions
You're right....I'm sure the game will stay fresh for years to come just as it is.

I like the concept of expansion so I don't want you to think I was crapping in your thread. I mean the price compared to the features doesn't seem fair.

Most of the real work goes into the main game and I'm fine with paying 49.99 for that. I guess that's why I'm not much of a PC gamer. I see all these MMORPGs and I'm amazed how people buy add ons for all these games when I read reviews that clearly state that it doesn't add that much.