Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Best Place to Buy Knight Rider and other 80's Television?

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 10-06-03, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all,

I just got a region free player and am loving the exclusives available outside the US. One thing I especially love is that select episodes of Knight Rider and Airwolf, my favorite 80s TV, are available in R2. One thing I don't love is the prices. With the sliding dollar, these discs are expensive! After doing a price search, I found that many places in the UK that sell these for cheap but that they don't ship to the US. Amazon.co.uk sells them for 13 pounds, which is a little rough. I have looked at the international etailer list, which was helpful but I'm still not sure of the best course of action.

Here's the link for the R2 Knight Rider
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...626997-3384628

If anyone has purchased these and can make a recommendation as to where to get it cheaply, I'd appreciate it. I also realize that some Knight Rider is available on DVD from a mail order house (Columbia House or Time Life I'm not sure which).
Old 10-06-03, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well as far as buying R2s online I generally stick with either Amazon.co.uk or Blackstar.co.uk. Amazon is good because they take of the VAT since it is being shipped to the US (or wherever). I find Blackstar's shipping to be cheap and the service good, so most times I buy from there, I think Amazon works out to be the cheapest.

I think a fair amount of people here use CDWOW, but I find they don't have some titles I am looking for so I have yet to order from them.

It really sucks that some of these places don't ship to the US, especially Play.com. Their prices are great. Since I have family in the UK I will buy from play when I know they are coming in to the states and have my relatives carry the DVDs with them on the plane.