TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Miss Match 10/3

Old 10-06-03, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Miss Match 10/3

Surprised there was not a thread for this episode yet. I guess that's the downside of a Friday show-- not as many "water cooler" conversations the next day.

Did anyone see it? I thought the second episode was even more entertaining than the first. This show is becoming one of my favorites of the new season.

Unlike a lot of shows which sit in my Tivo unwatched for days, I find I watch this one right away on Friday night because it is so good and is such an antithesis to all the heavy crime dramas I tend to watch.

I liked how they wrapped up the storyline with the TV producer. How she had the intense chemisry with the hot peach farmer dude, but she didn't think he was "accomplished" enough for her to date. So she was still dating around but then having nightly booty calls with the peach farmer, who thought they had a relationship going. That was a very realistic storyline, and I liked how Alicia's character gave her hell for stringing the two guys along and made her make a choice between them.

I think this show could be dismissed as a "chick show", except the storylines seem very fair to men's point of view. This was also evident in the B story about the young man suing for his parental rights.

I like how both stories had the common theme of how certain men are dismissed by women as not marriage & father material-- but the women are proved wrong and must lower their expectations in order to be happy with their situations.

Great show!
Old 10-06-03, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts
I enjoyed this episode. I wonder about how long they can keep coming up with new matchmaking storylines though.
Old 10-06-03, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by juiio
I enjoyed this episode. I wonder about how long they can keep coming up with new matchmaking storylines though.
Probably every week..
Old 10-06-03, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally posted by huzefa
Probably every week..
Envisioning a short series run?
Old 10-06-03, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
I thought this episode was better than the premiere, too. I'm also surprised that I like this show as much as I do, especially considering I had no intention of watching it w/ my wife initially.
Old 10-06-03, 10:15 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
I thought it was good.

Can't to see Charisma Carpenter in next week's.
Old 10-06-03, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This was my first episode and i liked it

I liked what the dad did for his child...i see them having a continued relationship..say bye-bye to the dentist.
Old 10-06-03, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Miss Match 10/3

Originally posted by Jadzia
I think this show could be dismissed as a "chick show"
No, I think this is a chick show. That's okay, though, cause I like chick shows sometimes. Like I said in last week's thread, this show continues to remind me of a lighter Ally McBeal. Not lighter weight-wise, obviously, because you'd have to cast Lara Flynn Boyle to get someone lighter than Calista Flockhart.

I liked how the copy guy made the nursery for his son, although it was kind of ridiculous that he was able to do all of that in a short period of time.

Just to be clear, Alicia Silverstone isn't getting paid to be a matchmaker, right? I know the producer woman paid her $1000, but nobody else paid her, right?

Old 10-06-03, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It was also funny seeing Teresa Strasser (former host of TLC's While You Were Out) as one of the female interviewees for match-making.

Last edited by Jadzia; 10-06-03 at 02:22 PM.
Old 10-06-03, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Re: Miss Match 10/3

Originally posted by immortal_zeus

Just to be clear, Alicia Silverstone isn't getting paid to be a matchmaker, right? I know the producer woman paid her $1000, but nobody else paid her, right?
Well yeah, nobody besides the producer has paid her.... yet. But now we know she has had her own stationery made up for her matchmaking business (courtesy of copystore guy's blatant abuse of the discount policy). So we can be pretty sure she'll be charging for her services from now on.
Old 10-06-03, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I kind of like this show as well. Alicia is pretty hot, though I don't really like any of the other main characters in the show.
Old 10-06-03, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 142 Likes on 97 Posts
Sorry I didn't start the thread this week (I was out of town). Just saw the episode and I liked it. This show is very cute to me and I really can't think of any other way to describe it. Crush guy is still hot and the B storyline was touching. I'll keep watching.
Old 10-07-03, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Watch my recording of the 2nd episode last night, and I'm starting to get that "Love Boat on land" feeling for this show. At least she's now incorporating this side venture into a full-time occupation by the end of the episode. The presence/absence of chemistry between 2 people seems to be the driving point of the 2 subplots.

This is definitely an eye-candy show, but I don't know it's going to find an audience on Friday nights, where the demographic is out trying to find that special someone out and about.

The bartender chick (Lake Bell) is the find of the show for now. She's grittily cute/hot.