Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Any deals on Tiger Woods '04? Preferably PS2.

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-03, 04:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any deals on Tiger Woods '04 for PS2? I just played the demo, and after creating the most perfect replica of myself, I'm hooked. And when I say perfect, I mean it. This leaves Smackdown's creation mode in the DUST! I paused the dang thing to show someone else my created me, but the demo cut off the game and started playing a video before I got back. ARGH!

Now I really regret not taking advantage of the BestBuy.com $20 preorder mistake for the GameCube version. "Just another mediocre EA golf game with minimal updates," I thought to myself. Wrong, wrong, wrong!

Since the GC controller isn't quite as nice as the Dual Shock and the game comes on two discs for that system, I'd much rather have the PS2 version. Any deals, coupons, coupon codes, etc. anywhere? I gotta have this!
Old 10-05-03, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 403 Likes on 303 Posts
Best Buy using the $5 off coupon is all I can think of right now.
Old 10-05-03, 09:45 PM

Ehhh, I can also get it for $45 at DDD, so the way I see it, these are my two options thus far:

1) Waste gas by driving to Best Buy, hope they'll let me get away with only putting one cent on the card, then using the $5 off coupon. I've never tried the BB coupon trick before, so it might be more hassle than it's worth.

Or I could...

2) Order it from DDD and wait a week and a 1/2.

Neither option seems too appealing to me right now. If the price was better at either BB or DDD, I'd take the plunge and accept the inconvenience, but $45 isn't much of a bargain.

Any other better deals out there?

P.S. How long does it usually take before sports games go down in price? I'm generally not much of a sports game fan, so I've never really paid attention before.
Old 10-05-03, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
This game is amazing. I'm happy with the Cube version. The best $20 I've spent.

The detail they have put into creating golfers, the equipment, endorsment deals, and the great 10 year career mode is well worth the $20 I spent to upgrade. I kept 2003, but I doubt I will ever play it.

The $5 off at Best Buy coupon is the only deal I've seen for this game lately. Its worth $45 though.
Old 10-05-03, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,202 Likes on 4,229 Posts
BTW Target is advertising exclusive bonus holes in their version only, though I don't know if it's worth the extra $5 (ie no coupon) just for that.
Old 10-06-03, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 403 Likes on 303 Posts
DDD charges shipping, unless you get a free shipping deal, or as you said you can drive to BB which would use gas.

As for BB, why try and get away with putting 1 cent on the card? Just put at least $1 and you should be fine. You'll be spending it anyway.

Popular sports games stay expensive for awhile, it seems. Madden was released in August, and it's still $49. WSB 2k3 was released in March I believe and it still sells for $49 as well.
Old 10-06-03, 12:45 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
Or better yet, just buy 10 giftcards, putting $1 or so on each, then use them all when you buy the game, leaving you 9 coupons for future use at BB or CC.
Old 10-06-03, 02:07 AM

Originally posted by nickdawgy
DDD charges shipping, unless you get a free shipping deal, or as you said you can drive to BB which would use gas.
DDD's shipping is always free, unless you opt to pay for speedier service.

Originally posted by Trevor
Or better yet, just buy 10 giftcards, putting $1 or so on each, then use them all when you buy the game, leaving you 9 coupons for future use at BB or CC.
Wouldn't that look strange though? They will want to know why I don't just put $10 on one card. What should I tell them?

Last edited by DaBargainHunta; 10-06-03 at 02:09 AM.
Old 10-06-03, 04:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by nickdawgy
Popular sports games stay expensive for awhile, it seems. Madden was released in August, and it's still $49. WSB 2k3 was released in March I believe and it still sells for $49 as well.
And Tiger Woods 2003 was 49.99 until 2004 came out. I wouldn't expect a price drop until 2005 comes out and so really you just have to wait and catch it some week when its marked 5 or 10 off which probably isn't that often.

About the extra levels from Target, the code is "sherwood target" so that saves the trouble of trying to decide to get it from there or not.

Last edited by quackers; 10-06-03 at 04:35 AM.
Old 10-06-03, 06:07 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by quackers
And Tiger Woods 2003 was 49.99 until 2004 came out.
Not really. It's been $19.99 for a few months now ($14.99 at BB w/ coupon), and before then there were several good deals. I got mine from the EA store for $5+shipping, and that was quite a while ago.
Old 10-06-03, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"BTW Target is advertising exclusive bonus holes in their version only, though I don't know if it's worth the extra $5 (ie no coupon) just for that."

You mean they included extra holes for all games going to Target only? that seems strange don't it?
Old 10-06-03, 11:26 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by dasmooth1
You mean they included extra holes for all games going to Target only? that seems strange don't it?
Scroll up a bit. The holes are in every version, Target just gives you the code to unlock them ("sherwood target") which is now all over the Internet as well.

The same thing happened with Mario Golf.

One additional note that I forgot to mention before: the PC version of this game retails at $39.99, $10 cheaper than the console versions.

Last edited by Groucho; 10-06-03 at 11:37 AM.