Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

What the?! No "The Handler" (10/3) thread yet?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-03, 07:43 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

Watched this for the first time last night, and I must say that I was impressed.

I like the concept, and the storylines for last night were pretty good. It seems to me like its a low-key Mission: Impossible series, that stays in one place.

I kinda laughed when Joe told the kid the cover story for giving the wheelman job to Darnell (Smokey)... but then he handed him the bottle and the pills to "kill the pain," and I knew he was serious.

The other story with Lily in the diner keeping tabs on the judge was a little slow, and I was trying to get the gist of why she was there, but I guess that's what the premise is, the person doesn't either and is only given the info they 'need to know.'

I'll give it watch next week, looks like Joe's gonna practice what he preaches and take a job himself.
Old 10-04-03, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think the premise is okay, but probably better for a film setting, rather than a weekly setting.
Old 10-04-03, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I thought the show last night was mediocre at best and sucked in certain situations. The pilot was much better, imo. I'll keep watching for a few more weeks.
Old 10-04-03, 04:56 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
I recorded it and will chime in mon my thoughts probably tomorrow.

FWIW, I do think that this show's outlook looks pretty bleak. I don't see it lasting the full season, if not half of the season.
Old 10-05-03, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good episode as well. Some of these new shows are really starting to impress me. Hopefully the quality will remain high.
Old 10-06-03, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I like the premise of the show, but I don't think it's all that realistic. I'm fairly sure that most, if not all, FBI agents who work undercover know why they're working undercover.

Still, I like the show. Then again, I want to like it so maybe that's why I'm liking it.

Old 10-06-03, 08:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do like it, but for a show that billed as "Starring Joe Pantoliano," his character doesn't seem all that important. For his role in The Handler, anyone could play that part-
Old 10-06-03, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Agreed, but I like the fact that the show is not Joey Pants driven. It gives more room for different stories...