Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Viewtiful Joe Commercial, Ninja Gaiden movie

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-03, 01:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Viewtiful Joe Commercial, Ninja Gaiden movie

Viewtiful Joe Commercial 8 days left, I can barely stand it.
http://igngcngb.50megs.com/joe/joecomm.mpg 4.96 megs
http://www.ews.uiuc.edu/~eslee3/viewtifulJoe.mpeg (mirror)

Ninja Gaiden Movie
http://live-gamer.ddo.jp/xnews/tgs2003/ninjagaiden.mov 28.8 megs *slow download as in I'm getting 15.5KB on cable, apparently worth it though*
Old 09-30-03, 02:36 AM

I wasn't that excited about Ninja Gaiden, but after seeing that video

This game has a lot of potential
Old 09-30-03, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Did viewtiful joe get released later on some systems? i swear i saw it for rent at hollywood video for ps2 and/or xbox yesterday
Old 09-30-03, 05:50 AM

Originally posted by glassdragon
Did viewtiful joe get released later on some systems? i swear i saw it for rent at hollywood video for ps2 and/or xbox yesterday
Viewtiful Joe is exclusive to the Nintendo Gamecube for the moment and won't be released until October 7th.
Old 09-30-03, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dunno.. I played the demo of Joe and it didn't do anything for me.. but I seem to get bad impressions of game demo while I'm in the store.. I want to give it a real shot with all the great word of mouth it's been generating.
Old 09-30-03, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Go Joe.
Old 09-30-03, 02:53 PM

not bad! Just watched the ninja gaiden one. It looks like it plays a lot like Shinobi, right down to the dash he does before he attacks the enemy and jumping off the walls, but pretty cool. The movie also confirmed for me that this Ninja Gaiden has nothing to do with the previous games in the series story or character wise, unless they're hiding it or something. We'll see. Still waiting on the Viewtiful Joe movies, server seems to be really busy right now with people downloading.
Old 09-30-03, 02:57 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by PixyJunket
I dunno.. I played the demo of Joe and it didn't do anything for me.. but I seem to get bad impressions of game demo while I'm in the store.. I want to give it a real shot with all the great word of mouth it's been generating.
Same here. I have the demo and have given it several tries. Just not my cup of tea I guess.
Old 09-30-03, 02:58 PM

There's a great Viewtiful Joe trailer on PN03. It was one I completely hadn't seen with tons of crazy footage. This game is going to be so good. Mmm...voomerang.
Old 09-30-03, 03:25 PM

Viewtiful Joe just came in! That was an awesome commercial, all gameplay footage and looking sweet . The later levels they showed looked crazy. They didn't show the hot chick with glasses though, but it was still awesome, and the voices were pretty good. The import reviews have been quite good as well, I can't wait.

PixyJunket, what I got from playing the preview disc at home, the key is mastering the "special effects" such as slow motion and speed up. Like if you are able to dodge an enemy attack at the right moment, they'll get unbalanced for a brief second and the word "slow" will appear over them, if you hit the slow motion trigger at that exact time and then punch them they will go flying and shattering into other enemies. Thats just the tip of the iceberg though. but yeah, you really need to play it at home .