Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Monster House 9/29

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-03, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monster House 9/29

Anybody see this. How funny, someone lied on their application. He was working on a light switch for 4 days. It was not as good of episode as the bar, but it still had good moments. Best home remodeling show out there.
Old 09-30-03, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
I'm assuming this was the the blonde surfer dude guy. This episode was a rerun.
Old 09-30-03, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wasn't a repeat. It was pretty funny when that moron was talking about how he's always been slow & he just wants to find something he's good at, pitiful.

One of the funnier episodes, house was cool but I liked the retro future house a lot more. Speak of that episode did anyone get the vibe that the home owner was banging the two sisters?
Old 09-30-03, 11:57 PM

Yeah, it was a repeat. It was the Western House right? The one guy worked on the switch for days before they finally got rid of him because he really didn't know his stuff. It aired at least a month or so ago...possibly even back in July.
Old 10-01-03, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I LOVE this show.... but personally, if I had any home improvement shot work on my house, I'd still want This Old House Maybe Monster House could build my entertainment/home theater room for me

If I had a house...
Old 10-01-03, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've been watching for a while & hadn't seen it. I can't believe they let him work on it that long. They should have know within the fist couple hours that he was an idiot. I can't believe how pathetic some people can be, I would have it least gone in & appolgized to the other builders.
Old 10-01-03, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally posted by WhattheFFF
Wasn't a repeat.
Yes, it was.
Old 10-01-03, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Seems like there's been a formula for personalities of the team-members.
  • There's the do-it-all who becomes an unofficial leader, sometimes to the point of sacrificing his own projects to help others.
  • The slow one that the do-it-all has to get onto, whether it's due to incompetence (the old west house), artistic pacing (retro-futuristic) or laziness (sultan).
  • The gung-ho young buck who thinks anything is possible, but finds out some things take more work or skill than imagined.
  • The veteran builder who does realize the amount of work some projects will take and is usually pessimistic about getting finished on time.
  • Some other craftsman who does his job well, but doesn't have any of these personality traits and therefore doesn't get much screen time.

Last edited by RKillgore; 10-01-03 at 11:52 AM.