Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Buffy Season 7 question (spoilers)

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-03, 12:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buffy Season 7 question (spoilers)

I was just thinking:

1) Was there any pay off to Anya and Giles' visit to the demon with all the eyes?

2) Didn't above-named demon say something about the line being weakened because there are two slayers, so the First could attack and destroy the line? If so, what does creating thousands of slayers do exactly?
Old 09-29-03, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1) Nope. No payoff whatsoever. Which just about sums up Buffy Season 7.

2) If I recall correctly, it wasn't so much that there were two slayers. The demon said that resurrecting Buffy(I presume in Season 6, not Season 1) effectively opened the door for the First to begin its evil master plan. Of course, they never expanded on this the rest of the season, so I have no idea what the demon was talking about.
Old 09-29-03, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm not sure how accurate this is, but it's an unfilmed alternate script for "Chosen," the series finale. It contains a number of differences from the version filmed:

Spoiler:
Xander dies instead of Anya
The First appears as Angelus, Kendra, The Master, Glory, The Mayor and Joyce
Dawn becomes a slayer
Furthur explanation into The First's rise from the Hellmouth and more of the slayer mythos

Alternate Draft of "Chosen"
Old 09-29-03, 01:28 PM

Nope. No payoff whatsoever. Which just about sums up Buffy Season 7.
Ugh, that's an understatement. Not only was there a whole ton of dangling plot threads and unanswered questions, but there were also just outright contradictions floating around. I'm afraid I'm going to have to vent here (spoilers for the latter half of Season 7)

Spoiler:

Gonna try and get these somewhat sorted, but I promise nothing.

So what the hell happened with the vision of Dawn's mother? It couldn't have been the First, so what was it, if it wasn't Joyce? Did that whole "she'll be against you" thing just refer to Buffy sending Dawn away with Xander? Joyce's message seemed to indicate some sort of betrayal or something, almost as if Buffy would sacrifice Dawn to save the world (which would have been a nice flipside to the end of the fifth season, too).

What was the First planning on doing with Spike, anyway? It was using him to kill and turn people into vampires, but to what end? Perhaps it ties into that "demons outnumbering people" thing that the First mentioned in the last episode. One would think that there'd be an easier way to create a bunch of vampires, especially since the First was able to convince at least one other demon to do its work for it (the one played by Ashanti in First Date), why not just get a bunch of Vampires in an area where there ISN'T a slayer living to just create a bunch of other vamps? If that wasn't the case, and the First was trying to bring up a bunch of Turok-Han all along, why didn't it have Spike use the blood of the people he was murdering to open the seal? We've seen that human blood can open it (Xander's).

And speaking of the Turok-Han, how come one of them can force Buffy to retreat, beat her into unconsciousness, then give her yet another royal thrashing before finally being defeated, yet Xander/Dawn, Anya/Andrew, and Wood/Giles can hold off at LEAST two at a time all by themselves. Given what the first one did to Buffy multiple times, humans fighting them should have gotten slaughtered. Not only that, but where the hell did the group of Turok-Han in the sewers come from? We never heard anything about the seal being opened again, and one would think that if the First could get its agents to bring 3-4 of them up through the seal, it wouldn't stop there.

And then there's the whole mess with the Slayer line. As Doughboy mentioned, there really was no payoff to what the Eye said. However, it actually could have been referring to when Buffy was brought back to life in the first season. It's safe to assume that when a slayer dies, the next one is called instantly, since Buffy wasn't dead for that long. When Xander brought her back to life, maybe that caused the power of the slayer to be shared by two people, weakening it or something. All guesswork aside, they never went back to it, at all.

Not only that, but what was the First planning on doing with the potentials. The only thing close to an explanation we got was Buffy and Giles hypothesizing that the First was trying to eliminate all the potentials, then Faith, then Buffy. However, we know that's NOT the case, because the First tried to get Faith killed while she was in prison, through one of the other inmates. Not only that, but as we've seen, the bringers and the Turok-Han didn't need an invitation to enter a residence, and even Willow (with all her plot-convenient strength and limitations) couldn't hold them back (although that may have been intentional, to lead the Turok-Han to the construction site). If the First was so interested in wiping out the potentials, it had PLENTY of opportunities. Hell, we never saw anybody keeping watch at night, so the First could have staged an attack any given night. Barring that, we also saw that the First had access to explosives, so why not just send a bunch of Bringers in from all angles carrying a whole bunch of explosives. All you need is one or two to detonate to do a ton of damage. Not only that, but there was at least one time where the First could have killed Buffy outright, but didn't. The Turok-Han had knocked her completely out, but didn't finish the job. I could see if it took the opportunity to double back and kill the then-unprotected potentials, but it didn't. It just beat Buffy up and left, with no reason. Hell, Caleb did the same thing later on in the school. For something that was supposed to be pure evil, the First sure was giving the heros a fair chance, and then some.

And in what was just a huge red herring that wasn't necessary, we come to Giles. After what seemed like forever teasing the audience with the whole "is he dead?" thing, it just all came down to squeaky shoes. Blah. Not only that, but why would he have killed the Bringer that they captured while it was still talking? They could have gotten more information out of it. Heck, he killed it in mid-sentence. Then there's the fact that in First Date, he completely got on Buffy's case for going on the date with Robin (which was at least partly intelligence-gathering), yet seems perfectly fine with Faith taking the whole gaggle of potentials with her to a nightclub later on in the season. Again, more inconsistent and sloppy writing.

Spike's storyline sorta fizzled, too. We had him with a trigger in his head for most of the season, and then we get hinted to that even though he has a soul, he enjoyed killing fighting and killing the demon in Get It Done. Yet, it never goes anywhere.

And why, exactly, was everybody leaving Sunnydale? Buffy and Andrew supposedly shut the seal down in Storyteller, causing people to not be affected by the hellmouth any longer. I think that this is one of the main problems with Season 7. Instead of actually having the First Evil actually be evil, we just had the characters tell us over and over again that it was the end of the world, but we never saw exactly HOW it was going to be the end of the world. Sure, we got a half-assed explanation in the last episode about how when the Turok-Han outnumbered the people on the globe that the First would take corporeal form, blah blah blah, but it just didn't fit with what had happened in the season so far. Not only that, but that's a LOT of Turok-Han to have to unleash, and it never appeard that there were that many in the hole.

Phew... I think that's most of my larger quibbles with the seventh season.... I think I needed to vent
Old 09-29-03, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts
It still bugs me that we never found out who left the talisman to call the zombies in the Sunnydale High bathroom in the Season 7 premeire.
Old 09-29-03, 01:36 PM

Originally posted by NitroJMS
I'm not sure how accurate this is, but it's an unfilmed alternate script for "Chosen," the series finale. It contains a number of differences from the version filmed:

Spoiler:
Dawn becomes a slayer
Furthur explanation into The First's rise from the Hellmouth and more of the slayer mythos

Spoiler:

Xander dying would probably have been a better choice, as far as story goes. Anya was pretty much ignored for most of the season, so her death really didn't resonate that much with me. It's as if they gave her the big "I like humans" speech in the previous episode just to remind us that she's around before they killed her.

The First appearing as them would really have only been effective if it was actually being evil during the whole season. It started off great, with the parade of Big Bads in the first ep of the season, but fizzled fast. If the first suddenly changed into those for the last episode, it would probably have felt pretty tacked-on.

Dawn becoming a slayer would completely contradict what we saw in Potential, where we were finally told that she WASN'T a potential. Then again, what's one more piece of inconsistent writing?

The stuff with the First and the Slayer mythos is all stuff that SHOULD have been covered throughout the rest of the season. The big fight in Chosen would have been an awesome climax to a season that properly built up to it. What we got, though, was a season that puttered along for 21 episodes, started plotlines that went nowhere, then threw a big fight into the last episode to try and get us to forget that what preceded it wasn't that great. While it would have been great to have the information, cramming it into the last episode would make no sense.
Old 09-29-03, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

On Dawn,

Spoiler:
According to the alternate version, Dawn had really been a slayer since Buffy died the second time. The power had transferred itself to her upon Buffy's death since technically, they are the same person. It really doesn't make sense though, since Dawn never felt the Slayer power for 2 years.
Old 09-29-03, 02:08 PM

On Dawn,

Spoiler:
According to the alternate version, Dawn had really been a slayer since Buffy died the second time. The power had transferred itself to her upon Buffy's death since technically, they are the same person. It really doesn't make sense though, since Dawn never felt the Slayer power for 2 years.
Spoiler:
I just finished reading the alternate script, and you're right, that does make no sense. Not only that, but why would Buffy, Faith, and Dawn have to have died for a new Slayer to be called. It's pretty much a given that when Buffy died the first time, the actual line transfered to Kendra, then to Faith. When Kendra died, Faith was called, and Buffy wasn't involved at all.

The alternate script does have some good stuff, and parts of it would have been good to have in the final episode, but as I said, it really would have required the rest of the season to be good.
Old 09-29-03, 03:04 PM

Originally posted by xVladx
Ugh, that's an understatement. Not only was there a whole ton of dangling plot threads and unanswered questions, but there were also just outright contradictions floating around. I'm afraid I'm going to have to vent here (spoilers for the latter half of Season 7)

Spoiler:

Gonna try and get these somewhat sorted, but I promise nothing.

So what the hell happened with the vision of Dawn's mother? It couldn't have been the First, so what was it, if it wasn't Joyce? Did that whole "she'll be against you" thing just refer to Buffy sending Dawn away with Xander? Joyce's message seemed to indicate some sort of betrayal or something, almost as if Buffy would sacrifice Dawn to save the world (which would have been a nice flipside to the end of the fifth season, too).

What was the First planning on doing with Spike, anyway? It was using him to kill and turn people into vampires, but to what end? Perhaps it ties into that "demons outnumbering people" thing that the First mentioned in the last episode. One would think that there'd be an easier way to create a bunch of vampires, especially since the First was able to convince at least one other demon to do its work for it (the one played by Ashanti in First Date), why not just get a bunch of Vampires in an area where there ISN'T a slayer living to just create a bunch of other vamps? If that wasn't the case, and the First was trying to bring up a bunch of Turok-Han all along, why didn't it have Spike use the blood of the people he was murdering to open the seal? We've seen that human blood can open it (Xander's).

And speaking of the Turok-Han, how come one of them can force Buffy to retreat, beat her into unconsciousness, then give her yet another royal thrashing before finally being defeated, yet Xander/Dawn, Anya/Andrew, and Wood/Giles can hold off at LEAST two at a time all by themselves. Given what the first one did to Buffy multiple times, humans fighting them should have gotten slaughtered. Not only that, but where the hell did the group of Turok-Han in the sewers come from? We never heard anything about the seal being opened again, and one would think that if the First could get its agents to bring 3-4 of them up through the seal, it wouldn't stop there.

And then there's the whole mess with the Slayer line. As Doughboy mentioned, there really was no payoff to what the Eye said. However, it actually could have been referring to when Buffy was brought back to life in the first season. It's safe to assume that when a slayer dies, the next one is called instantly, since Buffy wasn't dead for that long. When Xander brought her back to life, maybe that caused the power of the slayer to be shared by two people, weakening it or something. All guesswork aside, they never went back to it, at all.

Not only that, but what was the First planning on doing with the potentials. The only thing close to an explanation we got was Buffy and Giles hypothesizing that the First was trying to eliminate all the potentials, then Faith, then Buffy. However, we know that's NOT the case, because the First tried to get Faith killed while she was in prison, through one of the other inmates. Not only that, but as we've seen, the bringers and the Turok-Han didn't need an invitation to enter a residence, and even Willow (with all her plot-convenient strength and limitations) couldn't hold them back (although that may have been intentional, to lead the Turok-Han to the construction site). If the First was so interested in wiping out the potentials, it had PLENTY of opportunities. Hell, we never saw anybody keeping watch at night, so the First could have staged an attack any given night. Barring that, we also saw that the First had access to explosives, so why not just send a bunch of Bringers in from all angles carrying a whole bunch of explosives. All you need is one or two to detonate to do a ton of damage. Not only that, but there was at least one time where the First could have killed Buffy outright, but didn't. The Turok-Han had knocked her completely out, but didn't finish the job. I could see if it took the opportunity to double back and kill the then-unprotected potentials, but it didn't. It just beat Buffy up and left, with no reason. Hell, Caleb did the same thing later on in the school. For something that was supposed to be pure evil, the First sure was giving the heros a fair chance, and then some.

And in what was just a huge red herring that wasn't necessary, we come to Giles. After what seemed like forever teasing the audience with the whole "is he dead?" thing, it just all came down to squeaky shoes. Blah. Not only that, but why would he have killed the Bringer that they captured while it was still talking? They could have gotten more information out of it. Heck, he killed it in mid-sentence. Then there's the fact that in First Date, he completely got on Buffy's case for going on the date with Robin (which was at least partly intelligence-gathering), yet seems perfectly fine with Faith taking the whole gaggle of potentials with her to a nightclub later on in the season. Again, more inconsistent and sloppy writing.

Spike's storyline sorta fizzled, too. We had him with a trigger in his head for most of the season, and then we get hinted to that even though he has a soul, he enjoyed killing fighting and killing the demon in Get It Done. Yet, it never goes anywhere.

And why, exactly, was everybody leaving Sunnydale? Buffy and Andrew supposedly shut the seal down in Storyteller, causing people to not be affected by the hellmouth any longer. I think that this is one of the main problems with Season 7. Instead of actually having the First Evil actually be evil, we just had the characters tell us over and over again that it was the end of the world, but we never saw exactly HOW it was going to be the end of the world. Sure, we got a half-assed explanation in the last episode about how when the Turok-Han outnumbered the people on the globe that the First would take corporeal form, blah blah blah, but it just didn't fit with what had happened in the season so far. Not only that, but that's a LOT of Turok-Han to have to unleash, and it never appeard that there were that many in the hole.

Phew... I think that's most of my larger quibbles with the seventh season.... I think I needed to vent

SPOILER!!!!SPOILER!!!SPOILER!!!

Hmmm I don't think we watched the same season??? First off when spike got his soul back he said that he wasnt enjoying the kill as much as he used to, because of his soul, that why buffy said he wasnt as good of a fighter as he used to be. He got his Jacket to make him feel more like soulless spike, so that he could be a better fighter for buffy, He never enjoyed the kill in Get it done he was just trying to play the part of soulless spike, Joyce showing up to Dawn and Buffy and giving them a warning, was just the First messing with them, trying to divide the group, because thats where their strength lies, when their togather. The Image of Joyce was meant to cause confusion and paranoia to split the group from each other.

Joss has mentioned this numerous times in interveiws, That Joyce was the first trying to split the group up. The reason that Dawn/Xander Anya/Andrew and Wood/Giles was able to fight the torok Han was because they were prepared, they went into battle knowing they could die (which makes a person fight so much harder) and they had been doing research to find out there weakness, the reason Buffy got her ass kicked the first time she fought the torok Han was because she was unprepared and didn't know what she was fighting, That why she setup that whole Thunderdome Battle, because she was prepared and wanted to show everyone that Torok Hans dust just like ordinary Vamps, Also Even If your human and the Torok Han are super strong it doesnt take much to cut there freaking heads off and expose them to sun Light.

The Turok Hans in the sewer Could have easily been brought through the seal and could have been waiting in the sewers for the final battle (That doesnt need much explaining, its pretty Obvious) Just because the seal was closed in Showtime doesnt mean the town was safe, The apocolypes was coming, The bringers were taking the town over, increase in deaths, crazy preacher man and numerous other bad things was happing, so people started to leave town(most people would). The whole plan for spike was basically another attempt to split the group, The reason that spike was making vamps was just to cause even more trouble for the gang, they already had enough going on and spike killing again was just a little more trouble to add to the mix, but the plan didnt go as the first wanted it too, because spike realized what was happening and the gang helped him deactivate the trigger.

Giles killed the bringer that was talking through Andrew, simply because he was saying that they were going to kill all the girls and everbody else (wouldnt it piss you off if the only thing someone was saying to u was that all of your friends and family were going to die??? I'd be pissed) Caleb and The Torok Han didn't kill Buffy because They wanted her to be the last, If Buffy Would have died, The whole gang probably would have taking off, making The first's Job Harder, Why would they stay if their strongest Warrior was dead??? By attacking faith in Prison The first was obviously trying to shake stuff up, It must have known that a Simple Human wouldnt be able to take a slayer, It was just trying to Rattle everyone

Damn, Long ass post, So was your's though, so I Might have missed something
Old 09-29-03, 03:47 PM

Hmmm I don't think we watched the same season??? First off when spike got his soul back he said that he wasnt enjoying the kill as much as he used to, because of his soul, that why buffy said he wasnt as good of a fighter as he used to be. He got his Jacket to make him feel more like soulless spike, so that he could be a better fighter for buffy, He never enjoyed the kill in Get it done he was just trying to play the part of soulless spike,
Well, it sure seems like they were trying to imply that he was enjoying it. I mean, the guy snaps the demon's neck, strikes a match for a cigarette off of the body, then goes ".. a fight like that... is good for the soul". It just sure seemed to me like the intent was to make him shift a little bit towards actually being purposefully evil, even though he has a soul. Now that I think about it, it's probably what the writers actually were implying, but just ended up dropping it. Perhaps they intended it to be yet another red herring, along with the Giles thread.

Joyce showing up to Dawn and Buffy and giving them a warning, was just the First messing with them, trying to divide the group, because thats where their strength lies, when their togather. The Image of Joyce was meant to cause confusion and paranoia to split the group from each other.
Uhhh... No.

There's NO way in hell that was Dawn saw was the First. Remember what Dawn went through in Conversations With Dead People? Appliances were acting strangely, furniture was getting rearranged, and Dawn was getting tossed around when she was trying to exorcise whatever was holding onto Joyce. And another somewhat obscure clue would be that the Joyce vision was projecting light, something that the First probably isn't able to do. The only possible way that it could have been the First was if the writers felt like just ignoring the fact that the First is noncorporeal for an episode. And even if it WAS the first, and it was an attempt to cause dissention in the ranks, then it still didn't really GO anywhere. Dawn moped about what Joyce told her for an episode or so, and it never came up again.

The reason that Dawn/Xander Anya/Andrew and Wood/Giles was able to fight the torok Han was because they were prepared, they went into battle knowing they could die (which makes a person fight so much harder) and they had been doing research to find out there weakness, the reason Buffy got her ass kicked the first time she fought the torok Han was because she was unprepared and didn't know what she was fighting, That why she setup that whole Thunderdome Battle, because she was prepared and wanted to show everyone that Torok Hans dust just like ordinary Vamps, Also Even If your human and the Torok Han are super strong it doesnt take much to cut there freaking heads off and expose them to sun Light.
The Turok-Han's weaknesses weren't exactly tricky. Decapitation and sunlight are standard vampire-killing methods. Just the fact that they did "research" into any potential weaknesses doesn't excuse the fact that humans are inherently weaker than even regular vampires, let alone "pure" vampires. It'd be one thing if the gang set up elaborate booby traps to behead/fry the Turok-Han before they got into hand-to-hand range, like what Xander and Dawn had set up. The problem is is that we saw both Xander and Anya having an actual swordfight with the Turok-Han, and Anya actually dusted TWO of them by herself, which is quite contrary to the fighting ability of the first Turok-Han. Hell, even though Buffy had an idea of how to kill it, she still took a hell of a beating before she could take it down. It's not an issue of being prepared, or determined, the fact is is that as far as numbers and power go, the humans were VASTLY outgunned, and shouldn't have been able to defeat the Turok-Han. Instead, the Turok-Han got a sudden drop in fighting ability so that our characters would stand a chance.

The Turok Hans in the sewer Could have easily been brought through the seal and could have been waiting in the sewers for the final battle (That doesnt need much explaining, its pretty Obvious) Just because the seal was closed in Showtime doesnt mean the town was safe, The apocolypes was coming, The bringers were taking the town over, increase in deaths, crazy preacher man and numerous other bad things was happing, so people started to leave town(most people would).
Again, this is more of the same. If the First was SO anxious to bring the Turok-Han up and become corporeal, why did it bring up a small number, but not the rest? Not only that, but the characters reacted to the Turok-Han as if they were Bringers. Keep in mind that Buffy knew about the huge Turok-Han army, and if she had learned that a few had gotten out, you'd think she'd make a point about it. Instead, she dispatched them, and the story continued, with no further mention of it. Not only that, but the show made it seem like that special knife was needed to awaken the seal from hibernation, but Buffy and company had possession of the knife the whole time.

The thing about the evacuation is is that your guesses are just that, guesses. There was never a peep about the Bringers, Caleb, the Turok-Han or anything running rampant on the general population of Sunnydale. All we had was about 15 or so episodes of not much happening, Giles/Buffy warning the other characters about the impending doom, then the population of Sunnydale spontaneously evacuates. Sure, if there were a throwaway line earlier about how the Bringers are killing people in the streets, it'd be understandable, there was nothing. The viewers shouldn't have to guess and assume at plot points like this.

Giles killed the bringer that was talking through Andrew, simply because he was saying that they were going to kill all the girls and everbody else (wouldnt it piss you off if the only thing someone was saying to u was that all of your friends and family were going to die??? I'd be pissed) Caleb and The Torok Han didn't kill Buffy because They wanted her to be the last, If Buffy Would have died, The whole gang probably would have taking off, making The first's Job Harder, Why would they stay if their strongest Warrior was dead??? By attacking faith in Prison The first was obviously trying to shake stuff up, It must have known that a Simple Human wouldnt be able to take a slayer, It was just trying to Rattle everyone
Again, we're back to the First's plan making NO sense at all. According to Chosen, the first wants the Turok-Han on earth to outnumber the humans, which would cause it to become corporeal. If that's the case, it would actually be better if it COULD kill the hellmouth's strongest defender and drive the rest away, then it could work in peace. Like I said above, on two occasions the First's agents knocked Buffy out, then did NOTHING to take advantage of the situation. We saw that Caleb and a handful of Bringers could mop the floor with Buffy's entire crew, so why didn't they attack when Buffy was temporarily out of the picture. If the First wanted to leave Buffy alive for some reason or another, fine, but it sure wasn't taking every opportunity to eliminate the potentials, either (which was its supposed goal the whole time).

The Giles stuff just seemed way too half-cocked. I mean, they went to all the trouble to kidnap the Bringer, get it talking, then Giles off and kills it just because it's saying stuff that's getting under his skin? That just way out of character for Giles.
Old 09-29-03, 04:51 PM

Everyone Has their Own Opinions and we could Literaly go Back and forth forever debating. I just Told you what I've read in Numerous Interviews and what the cast and Joss Said, during the last Comicon Convention, So I guess you can Take it as you will. Too bad you didn't enjoy the 7th season, I love this show and I hate to see anyone not enjoying it, I'd rather It be remembered as 7 great years of Television. But no matter what the writers or fans say, every fan is going to see the show differently. I recently Sat Down with My girlfriend and we re-watched the entire 7th season and when it was over I really couldn't find much to complain about, I guess I don't try and break down every little detail, I just sit back and Enjoy a Fun Television series. I actually Remember when The 7th season was playing on TV, I had alot of Complaints and gripes. But when I re watched the season as a whole instead of stretched out over a year, I couldn't find much to complain about.I guess the whole Anya/Andrew Dawn/Xander Giles/Wood thing never really bothered me because I justed like seeing the heroes Kick ass, So I really didn't put much thought into it, beside the fact that they all were fighting for there lives and doing extremely well.

Oh Well I hope your still watching Angel, I'd like to see that show stay on a few more years and also see another spinoff sometime soon, I've never watched Star Trek before But I have a feeling That buffy and angel have become somewhat like star trek, where there will always be a spinoff on TV, I hope So. I love the world Joss has created
Old 09-29-03, 05:57 PM

Spoiler:
Dawn becomes a slayer

I'm about 90% sure this thing is fake, for a couple of reasons. One iteration was claiming to be a script for the two-hour finale, but there was never going to be a two-hour finale.

There are a couple of really bad fanfic aspects:

Spoiler:

The whole controversy over Buffy's "choosing" is not convincingly written, plus it really doesn't fit with Jane Espenson insisting it had already been dealt with earlier in the season.

Dawn as Slayer is unbelievable, and is just too contrary to what has come before. This would have been planned for longer, and, at the least, they wouldn't have outright contradicted it in an earlier episode.

Xander dying instead of Anya doesn't make any sense--Anya was killed because Emma Caulfield refused to ever come back and play the character in the future.

The one other thing is the very, very end of the script, and this does contain a spoiler for Spike over on Angel. It's one of those things pretty much everyone knows, but I'm spoilering it out anyway, just in case:
Spoiler:
The bloody hand doesn't fit, at all. Spike was never supposed to survive, and he was never supposed to come back corporeal. The original plan was to have him as a ghost on the Faith-spinoff, and he's ultimately coming back as a ghost on Angel.

So, I'm calling it fanfic.

I completely lost all respect for season seven about two months after the finale--When I finally realized just how lucky Buffy was that the world didn't end. Buffy didn't save the world, and her entire plan seemed set up to intentionally lose.

There is just so much intentionally thrown out there to cause fan speculation (remember the date at the beginning of Conversations with Dead People? or the zombie talisman of mysterious origin from the season opener?) that was never followed up on. I think there were more abandoned plot threads than there was actual plot.

Last edited by Jlbkwrm; 09-29-03 at 06:02 PM.
Old 09-30-03, 07:05 AM

The one other thing is the very, very end of the script, and this does contain a spoiler for Spike over on Angel. It's one of those things pretty much everyone knows, but I'm spoilering it out anyway, just in case:
Spoiler:
The bloody hand doesn't fit, at all. Spike was never supposed to survive, and he was never supposed to come back corporeal. The original plan was to have him as a ghost on the Faith-spinoff, and he's ultimately coming back as a ghost on Angel.

Spoiler:
Well, I was under the impression that the bloody hand was supposed to be that of the now-corporeal First.
Old 09-30-03, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

going back to season 5, If I was Buffy, I would have sacrificed Dawn just to get rid of her annoying arse.