Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

New Fall Season is killing me!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-03, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
New Fall Season is killing me!

In an effort to exploit my new recording capabilities, I think I've OD'd on TV this weekend, and I'm still about 7 shows behind for the past week. I'm going to have to make some cuts pretty soon because I need sleep!

Still in the recorded queue (that I haven't watched yet):

Enterprise
Jake 2.0
Carnivale
Cold Case
American Dreams
Frasier
and some other show I can't recall at this moment...

Last edited by Patman; 09-29-03 at 08:23 AM.
Old 09-29-03, 08:21 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm actually Tivoing less TV this season

Just

Boomtown
Nypd Blue
Enterprise
Smallville

So far

Shield when it returns

Not too much more
Old 09-29-03, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
I'm almost caught up. I think I still have to watch:

Boomtown
Boston Public
The Handler
The Lyon's Den

Tonight, I got Temptation Island (2 hours), Las Vegas, and CSI: Miami on tap (with MNF in the PIP). Probably won't be able catch up tonight.

Patman - you know what the biggest problem is - those 2 hour reality shows from last week.
Old 09-29-03, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'll be glad when Temptation Island is done tonight, and Paradise Hotel on Wednesday! I haven't really been following Temptation Island all that much because the participants are sort of trashy or bland, in a non-compelling way.
Old 09-29-03, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome ... to my world ...

das
Old 09-29-03, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Patman
I'll be glad when Temptation Island is done tonight, and Paradise Hotel on Wednesday! I haven't really been following Temptation Island all that much because the participants are sort of trashy or bland, in a non-compelling way.

TI has not been very good this time around - maybe because only the guy from NY seems to be the only one really interested in messing around. The last one was fantastic.

I'll be happy only because it opens up some guaranteed space on my Replays.
Old 09-29-03, 09:02 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Not much of the new season interests me. The only new show I will be watching is "Karen Sisco."

For me, all tv shows are just downtime between "The Simpsons" and "The Shield."
Old 09-29-03, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Michael seems to be the one that has the hottie (Melissa, I think) and still wants to fool around. So Melissa has been hanging with that dofus Jerome. (I'm one episode behind, with no intention on going back to fill in any blanks).
Old 09-29-03, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That 70s Show and Smallville are on at the same time! At least I have a DVR
Old 09-29-03, 07:03 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by das Monkey

das
Yeah, but you have twice the human amount of eyes and ears, and you don't sleep. It's easy for you!
Old 09-29-03, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
I got behind for awhile there but just caught up this afternoon (if you don't count the fact that I'm recording The Blues Pt 2 right now).

This has more to do with the fact that I just wasn't that impressed by the Fall lineup so I only added one new show to my already crowded schedule. I'm considering added Karen Sisco but I already watch enough on Wednesday nights. I dumped Lyon's Den before I even watched it after deciding I would need time to decompress after Alias ends every Sunday night.
Old 09-29-03, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Boomtown
The West Wing
Alias
Everybody Loves Raymond
Friends
Scrubs
CSI
Will and Grace
Lyon's Den (will give it a couple of more weeks to make my decision)
Hack

One or two overlaps...

and That 70's Show and The Simpsons starting in late October

and that is it.

Not too bad...although I have school and my life...

I am glad the new fall shows have no interest towards me.

Last edited by conscience; 09-29-03 at 10:38 PM.
Old 09-29-03, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

*checks DVR*

Still on tap:

9/25: Threat Matrix, CSI
9/26: The Handler
9/28: 10-8, Law and Order: CI, The Lyon's Den
9/29: Everybody Loves Raymond, 2 and a 1/2 Men, CSI: Miami

I'm gonna try and knock off a few of those tonight.
Old 09-30-03, 03:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

das
Seriously, I can't imagine how you do it all. Just think of how much more you could watch if you gave up the DVDTAlk addiction.

I'm still waiting for someone to invent a pill so I can live forever. If I watched a 150 films/tv a year I could be caught up with everything I would want to see in about.. 70-80 years. Of course, someone would have to stop time so I wouldn't get behind in the meantime.

Oh wait, I enjoy baseball and I suppose having an actual life would be worthwhile also.

Nevermind, guess I will just try to enjoy the moment.
Old 09-30-03, 04:42 AM
Cool New Member

Work
Sleep
Friends
TV

There are not enough hours in a day so you have to pick three. That is why i will never catch up on my Tivo. Combining two works for me sometimes, anyone ever got three to go at the same time?
Old 09-30-03, 05:02 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts
I'm about to start working 3rd shift 11pm-7am, going to class in the mornings and early afternoon, and sleeping in the afternoon until work again. We'll see how long my girlfriend willingly records all my shows for me. I'll have to watch everything during the weekend, I guess.
Right now I'm trying to keep up with more shows than ever.
Angel
Smallville
Nip/Tuck
Friends
Scrubs
Carnivale
Alias
E.R.
Joan of Arcadia
The O.C.
that leaves Saturday as a free day, unless you count all those SEC games I try to catch.
Old 09-30-03, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally posted by BlueIce
Work
Sleep
Friends
TV

There are not enough hours in a day so you have to pick three. That is why i will never catch up on my Tivo. Combining two works for me sometimes, anyone ever got three to go at the same time?
I have successfully combined work, friends, and TV at the same time. It helps when you study film & TV for a living and your friends are just as addicted to TV as you are.
Old 09-30-03, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, last night I caught up with both episodes of Frasier from last week (damn funny stuff!), and I watched Threat Matrix (okay, not great), and Carnivale (okay, not terrible). Still have another handful of shows to catch up on before their next episode airs.
Old 09-30-03, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk God

Now I'm almost caught up. I only like to be one day behind on what is in the cue.

Remaining to watch:
Boston Public
The Handler
Cops
CSI: Miami

Tuesday is a soft night for me (only 8 Simple Rules, NYPD Blue, and SVU) so I should be able to catch up. I might catch Frasier tonight since Patrick Stewart is guest-starring and it looks pretty funny judging by the preview.
Old 09-30-03, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I've got baseball on tap (though I'll probably just have it in a PiP window while watching something else (if I'm not at the Braves game tonight).
Old 09-30-03, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, this is the problem I face every year. Watching the whole Fall Premiere schedule is difficult. Adding in the MLB playoffs, plus college and pro football ... that hurts.

das
Old 09-30-03, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk God

Yeah, this is the problem I face every year. Watching the whole Fall Premiere schedule is difficult. Adding in the MLB playoffs, plus college and pro football ... that hurts.

das

I generally go to PIP or bring out the bedroom TV for SNF and MNF. As for the baseball playoffs, unless the O's are involved (which is a laugh) I really don't get into it (at least enough to preempt my normal primetime television viewing) until the LCS, and then only if there is an interesting team involved (such as Yanks, BoSox, or Cubs this year).
Old 09-30-03, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm cutting back my Tivoing...
Friends,
Scrubs,
Alias,
Everwood,
Smallville,
Angel.

And that's it! 6 hours, less the commercials. I'm pleased with myself. Buffy's gone, I've weaned myself off ER, CSI, and The Practice. I may catch an occasional episode of Gilmore Girls, but that's about it.
Old 09-30-03, 11:34 PM

I'm mostly caught up on my Tivo for the moment. It can get bad when I'm gone for 10 days or so with work travel though.

My girlfriend likes to record anything interesting in the new season. She'll SP just about every crime and medical drama and a good bit of most all other dramas. I just can't watch all of those though. I'll watch several prime time shows and have a batch of other cable things I'm regular with like PTI, Sports Reporters, Monster House/Garage, Rome Is Burning, etc.
Our Tivo scheduling (especially since she likes to record all the prime time dramas) gets a bit full, so she prints out an Excel spreadsheet to mark which Tivo is recording what.....we have 3 Tivos in all).

Throw in the fact that I have DVDs I like to watch and it can get pretty ugly.
Old 10-01-03, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Caught up with the suckfest known as Star Trek: Enterprise (that was a crappy episodE), and almost made it through Jake 2.0 from last week before crashing. This week's "2 and a Half Men" was okay, not as funny as the pilot.

Now I have to catch up with Nip/Tuck and Playmakers from last night, as well as NCIS. I need help getting off the TV treadmill!!!!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.