Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Jim Henson's Storytelling Question/s?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-03, 11:52 PM
Doctorwho

Jim Henson's Storytelling Question/s?

Storytelling was a tv series so its tv related.

I was wondering if anyone picked up the dvd.

The reviews said it was a horrible transfer, but to buy all 9 episodes of the vhs it would much more expensive, just wondering if it is worse then the vhs set or same?

Just what are your opinions on it?

I remember loving it when I was a kid, but I'd hate to pick it up now and be disapointed, like with ewoks and droids, are the storys still as good as I remember?

I'm still a die hard henson fan and it'd be nice to see some of hensons non muppet stuff.

And also does anyone know if they ever released an art of henson book? Something unrelated to the muppets or sesame street? More towards the fantasy genre?

And yes I do like the muppets.

Old 09-28-03, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
First off, the show was called "The Storyteller".

"Storytelling" is something altogether different, and if you buy that DVD expecting Jim Henson material you will be rather mortified.

As for the transfer, I'd say it is disappointing because it is no better than the old VHS transfer, which was not very good even by VHS standards. They did no cleanup work on the source elements whatsoever. So no, buying the old VHS tapes won't solve the problem either.
Old 09-28-03, 06:47 PM
Doctorwho

Originally posted by Josh Z
First off, the show was called "The Storyteller".

"Storytelling" is something altogether different, and if you buy that DVD expecting Jim Henson material you will be rather mortified.

As for the transfer, I'd say it is disappointing because it is no better than the old VHS transfer, which was not very good even by VHS standards. They did no cleanup work on the source elements whatsoever. So no, buying the old VHS tapes won't solve the problem either.
Yeah I meant storyteller, sorry. And are the story's still good or what? A lot of the reviews say this is great for children, but batman tas was a show that was great for children but still great for older people - anyways, are the storys still good?
Old 09-28-03, 08:32 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
I asked about this over in the DVD Review forum... still haven't picked it up yet, but thought you'ld might like the link...

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=314126