Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Rocky Horror Picture Show'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-03, 05:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Jeremy Kleinman's DVD review of Rocky Horror Picture Show at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=1137 and...

I don't know what 2nd disc he was looking at but...

Buy this set for Disc 1 - the movie itself

The rest of the set is highly disposable. The 'interviews' are at least a waste of disc space at most enterntaining? Riff Raff is ???
Old 09-26-03, 05:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 482 Likes on 318 Posts
I bought the 2-disc of this the day it came it. I'll say that I almost agree with you about the 'disposible' nature of the 2nd disc... except for that Meatloaf interview! Hot crackers, after watching that I wished that I would catch him on Charlie Rose or some long format talk show. His humor and enthusiasm in recalling old stories has been umatched in any interview that I've ever watched. His 'getting super-human strength to lift the motorcycle story' may just be BS... but it's sure fun as hell to listen to him spin that whooper.

Even though you'd miss out on that gem, the one disc version is certainly none to shabby if it includes that nice Richard O'Briend/Patricia Quinn commentary (which even includes a shout out to Saskatchewan. Who hoo!). The only problem I had with the set was that the Audience Participation track seemed to be missing. I don't have any fancy speaker set-up, so I guess that it was directed to come out of some rear speaker or something. Cause when I select it all I hear is the normal film soundtrack.
Old 09-26-03, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the audience participation track does come out of my rear speakers.