Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Anybody pick up the Rainbow Six demo for the Xbox?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-03, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got it today at EB and all I can say is that it's sweet! Much like Splinter Cell, the lighting is fantastic and I like the fact that you don't have to plan out missions before you go on them. The action can be fast and furious, especially when you get to the
Spoiler:
shower

The only thing I don't like is that you have to point down to the ground to give orders to your squad.

I'm getting my butt kicked on the lowest difficulty level, but I'm still having a blast. I can't wait to play it on Live.
Old 09-25-03, 11:03 PM

I just preorded the game and got the disc for free. I have only played it for a few minutes but I love it. The shower scene is intense. I havent tried the new Splinter Cell levels yet but look foreward to trying them.
Old 09-26-03, 12:13 AM

I'll be getting mine tomorrow. I'm mainly getting it for the Splinter Cell missions but I'm excited to try Rainbow Six.
Old 09-26-03, 08:23 AM

Anyone know if the demo supports the headset for issuing voice commands? I know the full version will, but I'm curious about the demo. I would try it out myself, but mine is packed away in a box because I'm moving next week.
Old 09-26-03, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by mrglass
Anyone know if the demo supports the headset for issuing voice commands? I know the full version will, but I'm curious about the demo. I would try it out myself, but mine is packed away in a box because I'm moving next week.
Really? Didn't know it supported the headset...must get this...

Jeremy
Old 09-26-03, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I haven't tried with my demo yet, but it's supposed to support the voice commands. I wrote some down from another forum so I'll share...

move
hold
flash
frag
regroup
use it
secure hostage
leave hostage
cuff him
electro up
go go go
engage and frag
engage and flash

Most of those can be used with the 'zulu' command also (frag zulu, IIRC). But since I'm not sure what 'zulu' does, I didn't write those down.

Door related commands:

open and clear
breach and clear
open, flash and clear
open, frag and clear
close

I did a search on the zulu commands. From computerandvideogames.com:

Another, rather clever part of Rainbow Six 3's command system is the "Zulu" command.

Each order that can be issued to squads can also be issued as a Zulu order. Issuing commands as Zulu means that your squad is prepped to execute an order but will carry out the appropriate actions when you either press the white button on the pad or say "Zulu" through the voice communicator.

Zulu proved invaluable in one of the sections of the Alcatraz mission we were playing...

Terrorists held a hostage in a room that could be accessed via a ground-level door but that was also overlooked by a windowed corridor. Leaving our team at ground level and ordering it to "Open and Clear on Zulu", we then stealthily made our way up to the overlooking corridor.

CS gas grenade prepped, we lobbed it through the glass down onto the unsuspecting terrorists below while at the same time giving the Zulu order, or green light, to the rest of the squad.

Incapacitated by the CS gas, the terrorists proved easy targets and were deftly taken out. Hostage rescued.