Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

The Next Superstar....ever heard of him

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-03, 12:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe his name is Teatro(I can't remember). I was just parousing through the channels, and thought, "My God, I love that sound and that voice, and my God....lyrics that actually evoke emotion". He is extremly talented, and plays guitar, piano, writes all of his songs. What does he sound like. Think of a cross between Paul Simon and Coldplay and that's Teatro(i think that's his name).

One of his songs was called, "Sleep with the lights on".....he has his own unique sound, and its great stuff!!!!!!!! I thought to myself, "This is MEGA, after hearing only 10 seconds!!!!!!!!. Being a musician and a singer, I know when I hear Big. I heard about Oasis, back in 1991, before anyone here in the States heard about them. I then talked about Travis back in 1996(before they became popular) here in the U.S., and yes, I was into Coldplay, long before they became Huge and popular here, so I know this young man is going to be huge

He's going to be a MEGASTAR, if someone can tell me if that is his name or not, and if anyone knows anything about him, please let me know.....I'd like to get his album.
Old 09-25-03, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The correct name is probably John Tesh
Old 09-25-03, 12:48 PM
Banned

Haha

Nice joke. But seriously, I have tried a google search, and a yahoo search and nothing on this kid comes up. I know he lives on a small island, and he's been writting songs since he was 14 years old. I believe he is in his early 20's now.....does anyone know, or heard about him?
Old 09-29-03, 07:53 PM

This post intrigued me because all the bands Dalvin mentioned are right up my alley. When you said channels were you referring to cable or satelite? Anyone heard of this guy? I'd love to get in on the ground level.
Old 10-13-03, 02:06 PM

Did some research on this and the guy's name is Teitur. He has an album out called Poetry & Aeroplanes that came out in July. Haven't heard any of the stuff yet, but you could try www.teitur.com for info.
Old 10-13-03, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by ltrain
Did some research on this and the guy's name is Teitur. He has an album out called Poetry & Aeroplanes that came out in July. Haven't heard any of the stuff yet, but you could try www.teitur.com for info.
That's the one. The allmusic entry has the first track listed as "Sleeping with the Lights On"
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p...=Abfuk6j637190
Old 10-13-03, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I liked him the first time I heard him ... when he was called Paul Simon!

Seriously, seems to be getting decent reviews if you like that style of music.

das
Old 10-13-03, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
He's from Iceland. MTV did one of those spots on him where they show good bands you've never heard of.
Old 10-13-03, 10:25 PM

For anyone that's interested, Vh1.com has some exclusive acoustic performances of a few of his songs. Good stuff!
Old 10-15-03, 09:43 PM

I picked up the CD yesterday. I haven't had a chance to listen to the whole thing, but from what I have heard so far it seems to be a pretty solid album.

If you like Teitur and a little more upbeat poppy sound, check out Sondre Lerche from Norway. His debut "Faces Down" is one of the best albums I own. Check out "Sleep on needles," "You know so well," and "Modern Nature." I promise you, you wont regret it.