TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Bachelor Season Premiere - It's Fat Bob

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-03, 07:02 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 116 Likes on 104 Posts
The Bachelor Season Premiere - It's Fat Bob

No longer Fat, but it's Bob Guiney back as the bachelor.

2 Hour Season opener tonight, of course all the interest will be whether he goes for the funny girl, or the hot girl

Old 09-24-03, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that he goes for the hot girl.

Old 09-24-03, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That Kelly girl that is on the show, is friends with my gf. I dont know exactly how well she did, but have a good idea, you'll have to watch out for her.
Old 09-24-03, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 622 Likes on 501 Posts
I just hope that there are plenty of hotties.
Old 09-24-03, 08:46 PM

Received 174 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally posted by Red Dog
I just hope that there are plenty of hotties.
Just tuned in. What is the outlook?
Old 09-24-03, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They must have put him on a diet for national tv...

Go bob...
Old 09-25-03, 12:10 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 116 Likes on 104 Posts
Bob hasd knee sugery for an ACL I think before the 1st show. Which is why he is heavier. He is at his normal size now

www.fatamy.com is his band's webpage
Old 09-25-03, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Why did he leave off Shea?
Old 09-25-03, 12:55 AM
Banned

Man, it looks like one of the girls is going to try to commit suicide from the previews.
Old 09-25-03, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
My wife is obsessed with these shows. And somehow I always get roped into watching this crap.

So, last night I sat down to give it a shot, see what kind of hotties were on. I don't mind Bachelor, but I refuse to watch Bachelorette, so i've never seen this Bob guy before.

All I can say is this: That guy couldn't possibly be more annoying. And they kept talking about how funny he is (and maybe he was on Bachelorette, i don't know), and he is the most UN-funny person i've ever seen. And I love how they play him up as this happy go lucky guy, the perfect man, etc. Then they show him at the end (during the season clips) making out with every girl on the show. Ya, what a sweet heart (not that I fault him for that, cause i would be too, but just pointing out that he obviously isn't as "nice" as they make him out to be).

Funniest part of the entire show is how they basically make him sound like an idiot "Your not the typical bachelor. Your not rich, your not really successful or good looking". Its classic.

That all said, I will be watching up until Kelly gets kicked off just to see that pyscho's reaction.
Old 09-25-03, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Some random thoughts after the first episode:

1. I'm glad that I don't watch this show (and all other reality shows that I watch) live because there are commercials every 5 minutes. Being able to fast forward through commercials is a godsend.

2. Those Pepsi spots were lame...especially the one where Bob was acting like he was drinking a Pepsi.

3. I'm already irritated with Kelly Jo (sorry SpaceBoy).

4. From the previews, they're making it look like this is going to be the most dramatic season yet. Which is kinda lame, since they always say that the upcoming rose ceremony "is the most dramatic yet."

5. Why the hell does Chris have to announce that it's the last rose at every rose ceremony? If it's for dramatic effect, it's not working.

6. Maybe it's the cynic in me, but I find it hard to believe that all of the women there thought that Bob was hot. Some of them mentioned that he was cute, but I just don't see how they would think he's hot. I'm secure enough in my masculinity to say that I think a guy is good looking, but Bob isn't. He's very average looking. Of course, looks aren't everything (especially in his case), but at least tell the truth ladies! You like him because he's funny and sincere. Not because he's good looking.

7. Even though it's kind of dumb, I honestly felt bad for Heather, the girl that was crying profusely when she didn't get picked. Like all the girls, I think she felt like she knew Bob before she even met him, so I can understand why she felt brokenhearted.

8. There were only a couple girls who didn't make the cut that I wish Bob would've picked. One of them was Shae. She's good looking and seemed like a nice person.

9. Out of the remaining women, my favorites are (in no particular order):

Lee Ann - she reminds me of Katie Holmes' character, Joey Potter, on Dawson's Creek. She looks like a cross between Holmes and Shiri Appleby.

Mary - she definitely doesn't look her 35 years of age.

Estella - her crow's feet bother me, though. She shouldn't have those at her age (28)!

Meredith - her arms are slightly thick (yeah, I'm a bastard).

10. Yeah, I'm partial to brunettes.

Old 09-25-03, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts
What was up with the hair on the last girl he picked last nite. That hair was scaring me.
Old 09-25-03, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts
Why do I get the feeling Kelly Jo will be called Kelly Ho before too long?
Old 09-25-03, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Lee Ann appears to be the most focused (and scary) of the bunch if you lend any credence to the previews for the upcoming season.

I cracked up when Estella let Bob feel her chest (err, her heart beating wildly) with the back of his hand when they initially met. I'm sure Bob's thought was "Hey there..."
Old 09-25-03, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Patman
Lee Ann appears to be the most focused (and scary) of the bunch if you lend any credence to the previews for the upcoming season.

I cracked up when Estella let Bob feel her chest (err, her heart beating wildly) with the back of his hand when they initially met. I'm sure Bob's thought was "Hey there..."
I like Lee Ann, she's my pick to go far. It's gotta be kinda freaky (and simultaneously cool) to have 10-15 women screaming your name as they come out of a limo. I partly wonder how much some of these women have built him up (especially after the crying scene at the end from the girl with the m-m-mole)
Old 09-25-03, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by immortal_zeus
3. I'm already irritated with Kelly Jo (sorry SpaceBoy).
haha. No problem, she's not my friend. I didn't even watch it, but my gf who is friends with her said, she was so annoying, and looked so bad on tv. She said she was irratated by her even.

I just saw when she was standing there, and thought she looked much hotter the few times I met her in person. So maybe that rumor of tv making you look worse is true..
Old 09-25-03, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,295 Likes on 4,305 Posts
These girls almost all scare me. They're all 24 and are planning on marrying and bearing children for a guy based on a few minutes of TV sceen time they saw a year ago? WTF? Are most young hot girls this desperate to get with a minor-league celebrity? Yes, he's got charm and a nice good nature but still. Like the producer said "Every one has a friend like Bob". Is he really that much of a catch?
If Bob is really that attractive to women, he should have played the field on his own. It couldn't be that hard for him to meet girls now and there are definate advantages to not having cameras following you around while dating...
Old 09-25-03, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Decker

If Bob is really that attractive to women, he should have played the field on his own.

Now why would Bob want to do that?
Old 09-25-03, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think Bob is goofy looking, but hey, if a bunch of girls want to makes fools of themselves on TV for their 15 minutes, whatever.
Old 09-25-03, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think Lee Ann is my favorite right now, but the previews make her look to be the next Kristen. And why in the world would Bob not pick Shea? A hot, female firefighter and he didn't pick her, you messed up buddy.
Old 09-25-03, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,295 Likes on 4,305 Posts
Originally posted by Red Dog
Now why would Bob want to do that?
Kobe, is that you?
Old 09-25-03, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Patman
Why did he leave off Shea?

You and I (and apparently others) think alike. I thought he did a great job with the selections up until he snubbed her. At least bring her along to the next round to see her in a bikini. She has a kicking body. She was definitely in my top 3.

immortal_zeus - I'm partial to brunettes too. We have several of the same favorites.

There were 7 that jumped out at me on pure physical attraction - Mary, Misty, Estella, Lee Ann, Kelly Jo, Karin, and Shea.

The funny thing about Karin is that I am not usually attracted to black women. Usually, they have the token one (or two ) on there and I laugh about it. However, Karin is flat out gorgeous.

At this point, my top-3 are Mary, Lee Ann, and Karin. I am a sucker for a women who can speak in a foreign tongue and Mary would have made me melt speaking en espanol like that.
Old 09-26-03, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 971 Likes on 678 Posts
I can't believe how they kept going on and on about how he was this amazing guy. Soooo good looking and the perfect man. This is one of those guys that I just don't get why women are attracted to him.

Anyone else extremely annoyed by his laugh?
Old 09-26-03, 03:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by tanman

Anyone else extremely annoyed by his laugh?

Old 10-02-03, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Episode 2 (10/1/03)

This show gets more and more disturbing.

Bob has that fakish laugh that Trista had in the Bachelorette. I can't stand it either. It's the same laugh you'd use at a frat party to make a girl think you're into her.

What is funny is how unattractive Bob becomes (in some of the women's eyes) gets once he gives them the boot and keeps some other "unworthy" contestants around.

Couldn't believe he booted Lindsay, the Clippers dancer right off the bat, but that entire crew almost all got the boot from him in the end.

Lee Anne is still a scary woman (she's been placed in the "crazed/focused" role for this season, I think).

I still think Meredith is the frontrunner at this point.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.