Community
Search
Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

Dan Browns Deception Point

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-03, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dan Browns Deception Point

I was in Target today and noticed it has made their top ten endcap as a hard cover. He must have just rereleased it because I think it was only available as one of those larger size paperbacks (don't know the official name for that style of book) previously. I thought he would put some of his previous books into a new printing given his sudden popularity, but I hoped they would come out as standard paperbacks and not full priced hard covers. Hopefully he will switch it to paperback in the near future and not wait the standard year to do so.
Old 09-21-03, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No, I'm pretty sure it came out as a hardcover first because I have a First Pocket Books 1st/1st from 2001.

Old 09-21-03, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Interesting thing about that book. I bought a copy and it was misprinted. It skipped like 30 pages and then repeated (a different) 30 pages.

I wrote to the publisher to complain. They ended up sending me 3 replacements (2 were on accident)... they guy told me to donate the other 2 to the library. I haven't yet.

The strange thing is... I never had to prove I had the book to begin with. I never had to send it back or anything. If I was a dishonest person, I could use this to get free books.

(note: I'm not a dishonest person)
Old 09-21-03, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wasn't very clear Zeus with my first post. I realize originally Deception Point came out as a hard back, but has since went to a soft back form. I guess I just resent that he is now putting it back out as a full price hard back like it is a new release.
Old 09-21-03, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Cedar
I wasn't very clear Zeus with my first post. I realize originally Deception Point came out as a hard back, but has since went to a soft back form. I guess I just resent that he is now putting it back out as a full price hard back like it is a new release.
Oh. Sorry.

Old 09-22-03, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Least favorite of his books, but still enjoyable in parts.