TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

X-men Evolution 9/20

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-03, 01:23 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
X-men Evolution 9/20

Wow, this was a really good episode. I can't believe I didn't figure out the twist. I wonder why they changed Moira's name. Maybe part of me was thinking if they changed Moira, they changed David too.

It's kinda creepy thinking the X-men have 2 super powerful foes they haven't been able to beat floating around out there.
Old 09-21-03, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I didn't even know Xavier had a kid. I guess he does in the comics? What about the Woverine clone girl. Is that a comic related story or made up for Evolution.

Either way, I like Evolution and hope that it wasn't cancelled and they are just showing the episodes they had in production when they got canned.
Old 09-21-03, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Xavier's kid actually ending up killing Xavier in the past in the comics starting up the age of apcolypse story line. wolvie's clone on the other hand, to my knowledge is something made up.
Old 09-21-03, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

As far as I know they are still producing it and still have several more episodes to relaese this season. I'm not sure why they didn't show the end of last season until this season, but I'm glad they finally showed them.

I'm looking forward to seeing where they take all these story lines.
Old 09-22-03, 12:27 AM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Xavier's kid actually ending up killing Xavier in the past in the comics starting up the age of apcolypse story line. wolvie's clone on the other hand, to my knowledge is something made up.
Yeah, the clone is made up. As for Xavier's son, is Legion and Proteus the same person? Actually I don't know if I want the answer to this considering I decided to start reading through the X-men comics starting with Claremont's run and I'm only up to 177.
Old 09-22-03, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Legion by all accounts should be Proteus (or whatever other name he wanted to go by). the intentions were good when going back in time to kill of magneto. he just screwed up and killed the wrong person kicking off AoA
Old 09-22-03, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I thought Proteus was Moira's kid.
Old 09-22-03, 10:08 AM

Proteus = Son of Moira and Joe McTaggart

Legion = Son of Charles Xavier and Gabrielle Haller

In the comics, Haller was UN ambassaor from Israel or something like that. I don't understand the references above to "changing" Moira. Moira and Gaby were always two different women in the comics.

Also, Legion in the comics was indeed an MPD, with each personality having a different power. He didn't shapechange to let you know who was in control though. The personalities included telepathic Jemail Karami, telekinetic Jack Wayne, and pyrokinetic Cyndi.
Old 09-22-03, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

But he was kick butt when all his personalities merged into one.

You figure if a mutant and a human had a kid, the kid's powers wouldn't be as strong as the parent's? Then again, its just comics.
Old 09-22-03, 01:21 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the correction Grenadier. For some reason I thought Proteus was Moira and Charles' son. I don't remember much about Legion either. I think I stopped reading the X-men comics right before AoA.