Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor 7: Pearl Island - 9/18/03 Season Premiere

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-03, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Survivor 7: Pearl Island - 9/18/03 Season Premiere

Let's use spoilers until the show finished on the west coast.

Why oh why did that person (who got the boot) have to go stirring up trouble? Dumb dumb dumb. Has to be on the dumbest opening round moves in Survivor history.

Drake:
Rupert is a trip.
Jon is a drip.
Burton and Shawn have painted a big target on their backs.
Christa reminds me of Michelle on Big Brother 4, only 3 years older.
Michelle left no impression on me.
Sandra has low tolerance for fools.
Trish also left no impression me.

Morgan:
Andrew assumed leadership too early.
Darrah's got a funky accent.
Lillian's outfit was really ironic.
Nicole looked nice in her outfit, too bad it wasn't good for Survivor conditions.
Osten showed too much butt crack (blotted out, thankfully)
Ryan C. is just going with the flow.
Ryan S. reminds me of Shia Lebeouf (Project Greenlight's "Battle of Shaker Heights") in about 4 years.
Tijuana got on my last nerve, and it's only the first episode.
Old 09-18-03, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Very un-Survivor to see one of the better-looking chicks get the early boot.

Yeah - Andrew won't last long. TJ will be very annoying to watch.
Old 09-18-03, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I laughed when the piracy took place. The whole situation of changing the normal rules around made for a better beginning of the show than I thought it would.
Old 09-18-03, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think I will watch the whole series this year. This season, the theme got my interest.

So sad to see Nicole's boobies gone though
Old 09-18-03, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't seen many survivor seasons because it got boring but I'm digging on this one because of the new rules and so forth. the barter system was great to watch.

Rupert better make it for a while cause I'm rooting for him. though the previews for next week don't look like he is acting the right way losing anger. who knows.

Nicole tried to make alliances and plant seeds to early and that is why she's not on the show anymore. tough crap for her.

Last edited by Jackskeleton; 09-18-03 at 10:46 PM.
Old 09-18-03, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Yeah,
Spoiler:
I have a bad vibe with Rupert. I hope it is just misdirection through editing, though. He is really funny so far, and that piracy thing was probably the funniest thing I've ever seen on Survivor. Blackbeard all the way!
Old 09-18-03, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Normally the first survivor episodes are boring, but these were kind of cool! I wonder what they're going to do with the chickens? I feel bad for them... they probably didn't bring food for them. I'd keep them around and have them lay eggs

I missed the first half an hour, so I don't know all the new rules and such.

They sure are lucky that Pirates of the Carabbian was such a hit!
Old 09-18-03, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I think the difference between people taking an early leadership in previous survivors vs. this one is that Andrew seemed to have assumed the role after the rest of his tribe mates "elected" him leader. I think this might work to his benefit, unlike earlier Survivors where people sort of forced their leadership on the rest of the tribe.

Did they ever follow up on Rupert stealing the other teams shoes? After the first scene where he takes them, they never say another thing about it. I wonder if the producers stepped in and told him he couldn't do that. Rupert is quite the interesting character though. I hope he sticks around.

Brian
Old 09-18-03, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

VERY good opening episode, the best one I've seen. Loved the twist when they had to buy their supplies in the village.

My favorite right now is Rupert...that was funny as hell when he took the other teams' shoes

And female favorite...Darrah...

Looks like a good season
Old 09-18-03, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by bdshort
Did they ever follow up on Rupert stealing the other teams shoes? After the first scene where he takes them, they never say another thing about it. I wonder if the producers stepped in and told him he couldn't do that. Rupert is quite the interesting character though. I hope he sticks around.
That's what I was wondering too. They never mention anything about it after the Drake tribe sold the shoes for money/food. When they were showing the Morgan tribe walking in the beach, all of them (I definitely saw Nicole wearing them) had on sneakers so I'm thinking that the producers gave them those?
Old 09-18-03, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh wait, now that I thought about it. Rupert stole the Morgan tribe's original shoes, not the provided sneakers from the show. I guess everyone put on the sneakers when they got on shore.
Old 09-18-03, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I assume that as well. they had in total two pairs of shoes. One on them and one that they took from their lugage that was sent ashore with them. I loved how rupert took the whole Pirate thing full on. Then killing almost one fish per person was a great way to show that the team needs him.
Old 09-18-03, 11:56 PM

He traded a female shoe for a pineapple. lol

For all the other team knew... local village kids swiped the shoes out of their life raft. Drake could play ignorant.

I picked Rupert from the previews as the guy to watch/root for and I am glad I did. Hes hilarious! I hope he stays a long time.
Old 09-19-03, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

A little curious at how he got so exhausted spearing fish though... I guess it requires some diving... but man, it looked like he had ran five hours non stop and his heart was about to go.
Old 09-19-03, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
You can't forget the effect of sun for Rupert. He was looking pretty crispy, and that takes a lot of out of one. He doesn't exactly exude fitness to me, though.
Old 09-19-03, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

True, if he was doing it for hours like they said... he WAS in the water though.
Old 09-19-03, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Goddammit. I cannot stand Tijuana. I was screaming at her when she was being so damn rude to the shopkeeper and just tugging away at the ****ing pot. She has GOT to go.
Old 09-19-03, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

TJ needs some shot of tequila to shut her mouth.

rubert aka Peter jackson with beard was funny.
Old 09-19-03, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by BizRodian
A little curious at how he got so exhausted spearing fish though... I guess it requires some diving... but man, it looked like he had ran five hours non stop and his heart was about to go.
One of them commented that he had been out there for a long time. Its easy to get exhausted when youre not taking in enough oxygen i.e. holding your breath for extended periods while exerting yourself.
Old 09-19-03, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

defintely like drake waaaaaay better. morgan is full of cocky morons.

however, this 'twist' was so overrated. they ended up with far more than any survivor group ever started with. good food, tools, materials, etc...

'nothing but the clothes on their backs'??

bull...
Old 09-19-03, 03:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

and...darrah is the only good looking one. tijuana needs to SHUT UP. and rupert is cool.
Old 09-19-03, 04:24 AM
Banned

We've seen the first "OH, OH!" moment. When everybody was showing off their mosquito bites, I started itching!
Old 09-19-03, 04:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought it was great and I hope this turns out to be one of the better Survivors. Especially the first half of the show!
Old 09-19-03, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

(No spoilers)

There was a news report on this morning talking about betting on the winner of this version of Survivor.

Usually, Vegas starts receiving bets on the outcome about a month into the run of the show. A certain place has taken about 15 bets from the same location of the country betting on the same person. Has somebody talked that shouldn't of?

I haven't watched Survivor in quite some time, but don't they announce the winner "live" in the last show to avoid this?
Old 09-19-03, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
Chew:

I was just about to post regarding the off-shore betting. Seems a whole bunch of new accounts from the Vancouver area have put big moNey on the same person. What made it really unusual is that the betting came BEFORE the first ep, WHICH never HAPPENS. This is the third time that they closed betting on a reality show due to unusual betting patterns.

Story

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.