Enterprise 09-17-03

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Enterprise 09-17-03

Old 09-17-03, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Enterprise 09-17-03

Episode: "Anomaly"
Enterprise starts experiencing the effects of spatial distortions pervading the Delphic Expanse, and falls victim to predatory aliens taking advantage of the crippling conditions.
Written By: Mike Sussman
Directed By: David Straiton

Hopefully, the "effects" are a bit more of a problem than cargo containers.
Old 09-17-03, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i really liked last week's episode. as far as enterprise episodes go, it was top notch. which probably isn't saying much.

looking forward to tonight's ep.
Old 09-17-03, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by crankyman
...which probably isn't saying much.
You won't get an argument from me.

Speaking of cargo containers, anybody wanna take side bets that they don’t revisit that situation? I mean, it could be a running gag, but I don’t think B&B are that much on humor.

I’m thinking of compiling a list of all the cliché things that are being eliminated from this new incarnation. Fer instance, last weeks thread someone made mention of the “forehead appliances.” I’m thinking Red Shirts (maybe why nobody dies on this show).

Ya think all these things are being avoided by design? B&B perhaps deciding to reinvent Trek without realizing that many of these things may be just what makes it so endearing.

Just a thought.

Do we get to see boobies in this one?
Old 09-17-03, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
that's no moon, it's a space station
Old 09-17-03, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

i liked it better than last week's. although we still had the crappy upbeat theme
Old 09-17-03, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by mikehunt
That was my second thought. This being Trek, my first was: Dyson Sphere. But, that wasn't really the case.

I certainly liked it better than last week, if only for the fact that the characters are doing things they haven't done before. But, it seems like everybody is cranky all the time.

By the way, where exactly does Archer "walk" the dog on the ship? Does Trip clean?

And: is that new set with all the cargo containers actually going to serve more than a purpose than just storing said containers? Two episodes and that's all we get: a brief scene to show them. Seems a little weird.

Wizdar, I guess they did revisit the situation, however briefly.

Last edited by Chew; 09-17-03 at 09:22 PM.
Old 09-17-03, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
why were the marines wearing their backpacks when the were on board enterprise?
Old 09-17-03, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Opening sequence was WAY too silly/over the top (read STOOPID!!) with one exception: Porthos!! And he got a coupla lines! Kewl.

Credits music sux worse than the original. They still don’t have the “new” version? If this is it, I’m glad my MUTE button still works.

But from there on I was most impressed. I guess Bakula really can act – once you take off his restraining bolt.

And there was actually some pretty tasty background music during the episode.

If they continue with this level of performance, I could be a happy camper.

Or maybe it’s because I just got my new Tivo<sup>®</sup> and I’m really jazzed.

BTW, “That’s no moon…” for me. Too small for a Dyson sphere.
Old 09-18-03, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,359 Likes on 922 Posts
I liked it. Kind of ironic that these guys appeared to have better technology like transports and stuff, but not better weapons. Maybe it was b/c they were just a trade ship before.

I like the new mean Archer. I hope he starts killing innocents.
Old 09-18-03, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Speaking of killing innocents, I'm glad a crewmember finally died. And I'm also glad it wasn't ignored, but actually addressed by some of the characters.
Old 09-18-03, 06:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Wizdar
BTW, “That’s no moon…” for me. Too small for a Dyson sphere.
Yeah, my "Dyson" thought only lasted until they said it was 17 (or was that 19?) km. That's when I went "moon".
Old 09-18-03, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 142 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally posted by mikehunt
That was my first thought too. Well I guess if B&B are going to recycle ideas they might as well start there.

This is actually surprising for me to say but I actually liked the episode. Note to the writers: Bakula can act, let him do more of it! I'm guessing the rest of the cast has some skills as well, have at it. Archer visiting the dark side was kinda cool and for some reason I liked the ending shot.

Gotta love Porthos. Granted the effects were hooky but the dog's cute - what can I say.

Thank you for not giving us any more of the vulcan pressure scenes. Let Trip deal with his insomnia on his own time.

One minor Trekkie thing. When they were in the space station cargo bay one of the crew mentioned stembolts. My first thought went to DS9 and Quark's self-sealing stembolts.
Old 09-18-03, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Amazing how a non-B&B written episode gets warmer results from the board, isn't it?
Old 09-18-03, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

i liked it.

and i like the direction the show is going.

too bad no one in this crew has much of a personality though. that's really what kept tos interesting. ah well. they're all pretty much the same character. maybe that'll get fixed after the silly opening music.
Old 09-18-03, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This episode was a bit better than last week's opener. Maybe they'll be able to translate it into some story momentum this season...
Old 09-18-03, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They actually gave Hoshi and Mayweather a little something to do! YAAAAAY! There was actually a little tension while they were trying to download the db! YAAAAAY!

Cool episode. Think we'll be seeing a episode about outfitting Enterprise with that nifty insulation any time soon?

I kind of wanted Archer to steal some other Alien junk from the Sanford and Son sphere. He could have totally borged out Enterprise with Alien technology!
Old 09-18-03, 09:14 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I really liked this episode. I wish they would of got the rest of the Xindi info after they disabled the enemy ship. Why couldnt they demand the info afterwards? i guess it was 100% certain they would destroy the data after shooting their engines?
Old 09-18-03, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

that's where i keep my xindi info.
Old 09-18-03, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
I have to say I'm enjoying this season of Enterprise MUCH more than previous seasons. The war with the Xindi has really got things cooking and I love that.

Not that there still aren't some glaring plot leaps. For instance...

1. Anyone else crack up when they put nearly their ENTIRE senior staff aboard their Kia-made shuttlepod in order to approach the Death Star? I mean, c'mon. That's pretty silly. The rest of the crew is left in the hands of T'Pol, Mayweather and Hoshi.

2. In something the size of the death star, they "stumble" upon some of their own equipment within 3 minutes?

I also don't like how every statement Archer makes seems to infer to others that their ideas are stupid. They need to soften him up a bit. If I were T'Pol or Trip, I'd have slapped Archer more than once this season.

That all said, it still is MUCH better than the last two seasons. I'll be tuning in!
Old 09-18-03, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yes, it is going in a better direction with this plotline.. I would like to see if the ratings improve via word of mouth that it is getting better. I had a friend of mine, who watched every other Trek series, but after the first few Enterprise episodes, he was gone.. I had him watch the time travel one where Archer is sent in the future last year.. he enjoyed it.. and has actually been watching the past 2 eps...

With Stargate on Hiatus and no more B5, Farscape, etc.. this is our last best hope for Sci Fi entertainment!! (ok, not the last.. or the best...)
Old 09-18-03, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I was expecting the girl commando to take off her shirt (shot from her backside) when they were getting dressed.
Old 09-18-03, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by JuryDuty

1. Anyone else crack up when they put nearly their ENTIRE senior staff aboard their Kia-made shuttlepod in order to approach the Death Star? I mean, c'mon. That's pretty silly. The rest of the crew is left in the hands of T'Pol, Mayweather and Hoshi.

Actually, only Archer, Mayweather, and Reed went down.
Old 09-18-03, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by CharlesC

Cool episode. Think we'll be seeing a episode about outfitting Enterprise with that nifty insulation any time soon?
Yeah, they're going to be mining it in the episode with the
Spoiler:
zombie Vulcans
Old 09-18-03, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by JuryDuty

2. In something the size of the death star, they "stumble" upon some of their own equipment within 3 minutes?
Actually, the part of the sphere that had the storage areas was not that big. And I don't think they stumbled onto the stuff. They uploaded the manifest to Hoshi who translated it.
Old 09-18-03, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

no need to insulate the ship. they realized the death star was creating the anomolies. well they won't actually realize it until a few episodes from now.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.