Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

G-UNIT [50 Cent] album "Beg For Mercy" out 11/18

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

G-UNIT [50 Cent] album "Beg For Mercy" out 11/18

Old 09-11-03, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 210 Likes on 183 Posts
G-UNIT [50 Cent] album "Beg For Mercy" out 11/14

updated:

Interscope Records is scheduled to release G-Unit's (50 Cent, Lloyd Banks, Tony Yayo and Young Buck) debut LP, Beg For Mercy, on November 18th 2003. It's the first release from 50 Cent's own inprint, G-Unit Records. The first single and video is "Stunt 101." The LP is executive produced by 50 Cent and co-executive produced by Sha Money XL.

The tracklist is as follows:

01. G-Unit
02. Poppin' Them Thangs
03. My Buddy
04. I'm So Hood
05. Stunt 101
06. Wanna Get To Know You
07. Groupie Love
08. Betta Ask Somebody
09. Footprints
10. Eye For Eye
11. Smile
12. Baby U Got
13. Salute U
14. Beg For Mercy
15. G'd Up
16. Lay You Down
17. Gangsta Shit
18. I Smell ***** [must be about JA's BITCH ASS ]

Next up from G-Unit Records are solo albums from Lloyd Banks and Young Buck in March and August 2004.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The first new material from 50 Cent will arrive NOVEMBER 4th with the G-Unit album, "Beg For Mercy".50's G-Unit crew is made up of Lloyd Banks, Young Buck and the currently imprisoned Tony Yayo with all four sharing the microphone duties on the album.

The Eminem and Dr Dre-signed star told MTV News that he is happy for the G-Unit release to be viewed by the public as the follow-up to his acclaimed debut, 'Get Rich Or Die Tryin'."I had to work extra hard on this album," he said. "Now I'm content with them calling this my second album. I think its good enough."

Production on the record comes from both of the business overlords, Dr Dre and Eminem, along with more underground names like Alchemist, Emil and DJ Twinz.Young Buck delivered the sales pitch, saying: "Basically what you got from 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' is the same thing you can look forward to on the G-Unit album or maybe more. We got a lot of stuff in store.

from [RAPNEWSDIRECT.com]

Last edited by gerrythedon; 11-07-03 at 02:04 AM.
Old 09-17-03, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

... the G-Unit album 'Beg for Mercy' has been pushed back 2 weeks to Nov. 18th.

from [RAPNEWSDIRECT.com]
Old 09-17-03, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
really looking forward to this... just hope it's not another D-12 or St. Lunatics fiasco...man, those albums SUCKED.

MATT
Old 09-18-03, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I doubt it'll be like D-12 or St. Lunatics. I'm really looking forward to this CD, 50 Cent is a pretty hard working guy and I think he knows his quality
Old 09-18-03, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

50 Cent made it clear on stage at the No Fear, No Mercy concert in Denmark, that the G-Unit album "Beg For Mercy" is scheduled for a November 4th release date, and not November 18th.

from [Rapnewsdirect.com]
Old 09-18-03, 04:07 PM

The D-12 album wasnt bad but the St Lunatics was rather bad. I think if 50 says its guna be released for the 4th then chances are that it will be the 4th.
Old 09-20-03, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

D-12s Devils Night album rocked imo,you cant take shock rap to serious and I didnt and thats why I prolly enjoyed it more then others,just a bunch of guys clowning around in a studio,late Dec early Jan. we get a new D12 album,cant wait with Ems in the early spring and 50s new one,Aftermath/Shady records are on top as we speak/type.
Old 09-21-03, 02:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by DVDHO
... late Dec early Jan. we get a new D12 album,cant wait with Ems in the early spring and 50s new one,Aftermath/Shady records are on top as we speak/type.
yep and don't forget...
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...ight=Aftermath
Old 09-21-03, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

More than any other Aftermath album, I'm looking forward to Dre's Detox. The new Obie Trice is pretty solid aside from a couple filler cuts and a couple of cuts that have been circulating for a while now (I've always thought that he pretty much raps circles around the guys in D-12, yes even Proof) and the G-Unit album, hopefully, will be up to par. Lyrically, Lloyd Banks is way beyond 50 (well, he's way beyond the "new" 50 - not the Power of a Dollar 50). If you haven't yet, you should pick up The Best of Banks mixtape. Good stuff.
Old 09-21-03, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You want some good G-unit material go cop Detroit underground 5 and 6,its pretty hot stuff,cant wait for Beg for Mercy or any of the Aftermath/Shady stuff,in the coming months it will be real good for rap fans.
Old 10-02-03, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

50 Cent Pushes Back Next Album

50 Cent has a new timetable for his next solo album: June 2004. The MC had planned on dropping it in February, but he doesn't want to be competing with himself and his crew in record stores.

"I was gonna release it in the first quarter, but [the record company] asked me to give [G-Unit's Beg for Mercy] room, you know," 50 explained last week in Puerto Rico at the Mixshow Power Summit. "The material for [the G-Unit] record came out so well, they feel like it's gonna [have a long shelf life]."

It turned out so well that the G-Unit's Young Buck expects the record to surpass the first-week sales of 50's Get Rich or Die Tryin', which moved close to 900,000 copies.

"A million and a half," Buck predicted without flinching. "I believe anything is possible. You know, with the controversy around the album, I think once the people get a hold of it and they get to listening and seeing the things on this album, that's gonna make you say, 'Hold up — I know they didn't just say that.' It's gonna draw a whole lot more people."One of Beg for Mercy's main drawing points, according to 50, will be the Lloyd Banks solo cut "Smile."

"It's huge, man," 50 said with a smile. "I think the record is gonna be probably if not the second, the third single on this album. 'I wanna be the reason you smile,' he's saying. A lot of times [artists] write records about relationships and everyone is in love or everyone is in a good space in the relationship. They do that a lot for R&B remixes and those situations. But particularly on a hip-hop level, I think that there is difference. There are those relationships where everything is not going good."

The G-Unit are building some big relationships with some of their peers. They've formed allegiances with such cats as Snoop Dogg, Lil' Flip, Busta Rhymes and Jay-Z. And in the video for Beg for Mercy's first single, "Stunt 101," the guys get a guest spot from Brandy. The clip takes its plot from the movie "Gone in 60 Seconds."

Beg for Mercy is due November 18 , and 50 said a Lloyd Banks solo album should drop in March, with Young Buck's debut following in August.

from [RAPNEWSDIRECT.com]

Last edited by gerrythedon; 10-02-03 at 04:35 PM.
Old 10-24-03, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

50 Cent’s G Unit Records will release the debut album, Beg For Mercy, from his group G Unit on November 18, 2003. The search is on for G Unit soldiers. Four "Golden Tickets" will be inserted into four random pressings of the first 1,000,000 copies of Beg For Mercy. Each winner will receive a chain with a diamond studded spinning G Unit medallion valued at $12,500.

G Unit is 50 Cent flanked by the metaphor-laden rhyme animal Lloyd Banks, aggressive southern street soldier Young Buck, and supported by the still-incarcerated Tony Yayo, who is scheduled to be released at the top of next year. The first single, "Stunt 101", was produced by Denaun Porter and is currently heating up at radio. The "Stunt 101" video has Big 10 rotation on MTV and heavy rotation on BET.

Notes 50 Cent: "Everybody knows when I do something I got to do it bigger than anyone else out there. I’m givin’ away 50 grand worth of diamonds and a chance to become part of my crew. The streets have been loyal and I just wanna show my appreciation and give a little something back."

In addition, the album will come with G Unit Desksite software. Each CD, once the software is installed, will deliver the most exclusive uncensored G Unit content available directly to your computer. This advance technology allows picture perfect full screen viewing.

For complete details and official rules, go to http://interscope.com/contest/rules0684001275_2.html. No purchase necessary.
Old 10-24-03, 06:01 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[I fixed the date]

Is Willy Wonka involved?
Old 10-25-03, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: [I fixed the date]

Originally posted by benedict
Is Willy Wonka involved?
Huh, I don't get it?

[and I didn't think that the MOD'S had a sense of HUMOR]

j/k
Old 11-05-03, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Interscope Records is scheduled to release G-Unit's (50 Cent, Lloyd Banks, Tony Yayo and Young Buck) debut LP, Beg For Mercy, on November 18th 2003. It's the first release from 50 Cent's own inprint, G-Unit Records. The first single and video is "Stunt 101." The LP is executive produced by 50 Cent and co-executive produced by Sha Money XL.

The tracklist is as follows:

01. G-Unit
02. Poppin' Them Thangs
03. My Buddy
04. I'm So Hood
05. Stunt 101
06. Wanna Get To Know You
07. Groupie Love
08. Betta Ask Somebody
09. Footprints
10. Eye For Eye
11. Smile
12. Baby U Got
13. Salute U
14. Beg For Mercy
15. G'd Up
16. Lay You Down
17. Gangsta Shit
18. I Smell *****

Next up from G-Unit Records are solo albums from Lloyd Banks and Young Buck in March and August 2004.

from [RAPNEWSDIRECT.com]
Old 11-05-03, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It's been leaked and sounds pretty damn good so far....
Old 11-06-03, 05:02 PM
Cool New Member

Shadyrecords.com just posted that the album has been pushed up and is coming out on November 14, the same day as The Black Album.
Old 11-07-03, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Rzarecta
Shadyrecords.com just posted that the album has been pushed up and is coming out on November 14...
As a reaction to bootlegging, piracy, and overall demand, the release of Beg For Mercy, the debut album from 50 Cent’s G Unit crew, has been changed to a new street date of Friday, November 14, 2003. The new date puts the album in stores four days earlier than the original street date of November 18th.

"What can you expect when you’re the hottest rapper around? The streets are used to gettin’ my music the unconventional way. So if they want it why not give ‘em the real deal as soon as you can. Why make ‘em wait?" comments 50 Cent.

Notes Steve Berman, Senior Executive, Sales and Marketing for Interscope Geffen A&M: "Unfortunately this is becoming too common for us. We’ve been in this situation before so we know what measures have to be taken. This is an on going war against bootlegging and piracy. We are taking the necessary steps to get the real album into the listener’s hands."

As a bonus to the album four "Golden Tickets" will be inserted into four random pressings of the first 1,000,000 copies of Beg For Mercy. Each winner will receive a chain with a diamond studded spinning G Unit medallion valued at $12,500.

from [RAPNEWSDIRECT.com]
Old 11-07-03, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have to say that I'm disappointed in the album as a whole. There are some standout tracks (Poppin Them Thangs and G'd Up and about 4 more) but as a whole this is really sugary. It has entirely too many Thug Love, Ja Rule-ish (minus the cookie monster on crack choruses, of course) sounding tracks. In my opinion, in terms of quality-creatively, lyrically, and musically- The Black Album really dwarfs this one. On the plus side, I was pretty suprised by Young Buk...He's not bad at all.