Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Funniest Online Moment or Quote

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-03, 10:30 PM
lurkr4vr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funniest Online Moment or Quote

This could be a fun thread. With all you XBOX live folk playing with and against each other, there must be some classic funny moments?

Any encounters with a drunk or stoned player? Lets hear 'em!
Old 09-10-03, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Lord British is dead!

D
Old 09-10-03, 12:17 PM
lurkr4vr

Say what?
Old 09-10-03, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I don't think drunk or stoned people are very funny.
Old 09-10-03, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

One time, playing Black Hawk Down on PC, this guy (ChA|NS@WHAx0r) said to our team... "I pwn j00!!" and then quit the game...

hahahahahaha

Memories... *wipes tear from eye*
Old 09-10-03, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I played a game of Unreal Champ on Xbox with a guy who was OBVIOUSLY blaaazed. The quality of entertainment I received from this guy talking to the bots was worth paying for.
Old 09-10-03, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by PixyJunket
I played a game of Unreal Champ on Xbox with a guy who was OBVIOUSLY blaaazed. The quality of entertainment I received from this guy talking to the bots was worth paying for.
You were paying for it...
Old 09-10-03, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ooooh yeah..
Old 09-10-03, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was playing SOCOM late at night, probably around 1am or so, and there were a bunch of little kiddies playing with a bunch of adults. The whole time the adults were ragging on the kiddies and I was laughing my ass off the whole time. Just hearing a little kid say something like "alright Blue Team, I'm coming around to the left, cover me!" is absolutely priceless.
Old 09-10-03, 01:50 PM
Banned

heres some **** that happened on socom

i told a guy i had herpes and me and my friend were going along with it and he believed it.

this guy was talking like a redneck and saying **** it was funny.he said **** like its good to see some red necks on the what do u call it the line.

i was playing and these guys were talking about chicks they thought were hot and the one guy was saying jessica simpson the otehr guy said amanda bynes and lizy mguire then the one guy said jessica simpson is over rated then they said who do you think is hot besides your own mom and the guy said barbara walters.
Old 09-10-03, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 396 Likes on 296 Posts
one word:

Everquest

lol, some seriously funny people in that game. Too bad I haven't played it in like a year.
Old 09-10-03, 02:55 PM

Originally posted by nickdawgy
one word:

Everquest

lol, some seriously funny people in that game. Too bad I haven't played it in like a year.
Yep, some funny stuff in Everquest. I cancelled my subscription last November. It was always amusing seeing people type stuff in the wrong channels, particularly the hot and heavy type conversations lol.
Old 09-10-03, 04:34 PM

in the Diablo 2 days,

GOgo goo goooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Old 09-10-03, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Galanthas
Yep, some funny stuff in Everquest. I cancelled my subscription last November. It was always amusing seeing people type stuff in the wrong channels, particularly the hot and heavy type conversations lol.
lol, yeah. I have seen some funny stuff regarding conversations like that....also some great screen shots of mobs up in trees, in weird positions on the ground, lots of bugs lol...

good times
Old 09-10-03, 04:40 PM
lurkr4vr

Originally posted by nickdawgy
one word:

Everquest

What's Everquest? An online game of some sort?

I remember reading something in Businessweek where someone was selling a character on Ebay? Does that make sense?
Old 09-10-03, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I was watching my friend play some WC3 online in a 3 on 3 team battle. Both his members had died, but they had taken out the other team. But the congratulations screen hadn't come up yet. There was one kid from the other kid still there, and he was claiming that the game messed up, and he should be dead. My friend was getting impatient, but didn't want to give the kid the cheap win. This kid was saying all kinds of things to get my friend to quit:
"I'm leaving, I have to go to church."
"Seriously, I think the game just messed up."

Finally I just told my friend to leave and I took a bunch of dragons and flew all over the map just to find where he was hiding, and then when he saw my dragons fly over his hidden tree guy I just saw him type "NOOOOOOOOOOO LET ME WIN!!!!!!"

It's not so funny to read, but the kid's desperation had me rolling.
Old 09-10-03, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by MrMarketng
What's Everquest? An online game of some sort?

I remember reading something in Businessweek where someone was selling a character on Ebay? Does that make sense?
Everquest is the most popular online game out there. It's pretty addicting once you get into it

And yes, people sell their characters for hundreds of dollars sometimes even thousands. Crazy, I know. There are also quite a few auction type sites.
Old 09-10-03, 08:36 PM
Banned

Originally posted by spainlinx0
I was watching my friend play some WC3 online in a 3 on 3 team battle. Both his members had died, but they had taken out the other team. But the congratulations screen hadn't come up yet. There was one kid from the other kid still there, and he was claiming that the game messed up, and he should be dead. My friend was getting impatient, but didn't want to give the kid the cheap win. This kid was saying all kinds of things to get my friend to quit:
"I'm leaving, I have to go to church."
"Seriously, I think the game just messed up."

Finally I just told my friend to leave and I took a bunch of dragons and flew all over the map just to find where he was hiding, and then when he saw my dragons fly over his hidden tree guy I just saw him type "NOOOOOOOOOOO LET ME WIN!!!!!!"

It's not so funny to read, but the kid's desperation had me rolling.
No, it is funny to read, LOL.

Its not so much the conversation but CS kids are the funniest when they speak on the mic, its even funnier when TK is on and you kill him and he starts going nuts on the mic.
Old 09-12-03, 04:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

LOL