DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Carlito's Way: CE

Old 09-09-03, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carlito's Way: CE

A great film, and good DVD for those who are wondering. I agree it's sparse on features, but it strong where it matters most : transfer and sound. Featuring DD 5.1 and a 2:35 anamorphic transfer it is leaps and bounds better than the original release. It's hard to find any flaws on the new transfer. Also, the "Making Of Carlito's Way" documentary is very informative and entertaining. As for the cover, well luckily Universal didn't photoshop Pacino's head, rather they opted to stick with the shadow (thank goodness). As for the film, it's excellent. Great performances by Pacino, Sean Penn, and Jon Leguizamo (sp?). Needless to say I'm glad I held out on buying this, because it was well worth it for this DVD.
Old 09-09-03, 08:16 PM

How long is the making of carlitos way documentary?
Old 09-09-03, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A little over 30 mins.
Old 09-13-03, 02:29 PM

This DVD has those beginning ad trailers that can't be chapter forwarded just like the new Animal House disc You can FF but it stops at the next trailer and you have to pres FF again...Damned Universal!!

--mike
Old 09-14-03, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

leemilk-

When I start the movie it goes right to it, no previews for me. Also if you are getting previews have you tried skipping to the next chapter?
Old 09-14-03, 07:50 PM

This is when I first put the disc in and press play before it even reaches the menus... FBI warning screen then I get trailers..

Hitting next chapter during the trailers gets the "invalid option icon" from my player. FF works but only til the next trailer, then it resumes play and you have to hit FF again...

The three trailers are for Scarface, Animal House and Monty Python's Meaning of Life.. Oh and my player is the Panasonic XP30 and I got my copy of Carlito's Way at Wal-Mart..

--mike

Last edited by leemik; 09-14-03 at 07:53 PM.