Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Thinking about taking the Animal Crossing curse..

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 09-09-03, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a couple of questions!!

What NES games are hidden in the game and can they all be gotten without cheat devices? (I'm assuming you use the e-cards).

I heard you can send letters and presents to other people.. how does this work? I'm thinking about getting my girlfriend a Gamecube for Christmas and I think this would be a fun game to play together..

Anything else I should know? Or be warned about?

Last edited by PixyJunket; 10-20-03 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-09-03, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 230 Likes on 164 Posts
You CAN get all games without a cheat device but for some of them it's just luck (i.e. you buy a certain # of items and get some raffle tickets and MAYBE you get a certain game).

Just use the Action Replay, man

If you have a GBA it's cool because you can transfer the game and take it with you (until the battery runs out or you turn it off). I take the GBASP with me to work and I can connect it to the wall and play the game all night long. You can see if you finish TLOZ before the battery runs out
Old 09-09-03, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is Animal Crossing a sims type of game but w/ animals? I have heard so much about it but yet I know nothing about the gameplay.
Old 09-09-03, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Z..z..ZELDA.. original Zelda, can be transferred to GBA?! *dies*

If Metroid is also in there, I am one sold mofo.
Old 09-09-03, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by menaz
Is Animal Crossing a sims type of game but w/ animals? I have heard so much about it but yet I know nothing about the gameplay.
Yes.. that's it.. I also know little about the gameplay besides taking care of your village and gorwing trees.
Old 09-09-03, 01:33 PM

Not all of the old NES games can be obtained without the Action Reply. Notable among them are Super Mario Bros, Zelda. Larger games like Zelda cannot be transferred to the GBA as far as I know. Metroid isn't included, but if you own Metroid Prime, the NES Metroid can be unlocked in the game.

This game is absolute crack for the first few weeks at least, especially if you are playing with more than 1 person.
Old 09-09-03, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah.. I've got Prime, but the thought of playing Metroid on the go makes me.. giddy.

So, Deb says TLOZ can be trasferred to GBA, and Ray says no.. hmm..

Anybody have a list of the NES games and which ones can only be gotten through an action reply.

(Yes, I know I could find it easily.. but I'm at work and any video games sites are blocked!)
Old 09-09-03, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
This is a game that is fun solo, but since you have a girl to share the experience with you will probably be twice as hooked. I really think you should get it.
Old 09-09-03, 02:19 PM

Received 773 Likes on 504 Posts
Originally posted by PixyJunket
.. taking care of your village and gorwing trees.
How exactly do you go about gorwing a tree?
Old 09-09-03, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Goldberg74
How do you gorwing a tree?
Moving to Mature.
Old 09-09-03, 02:22 PM

The Legend of Zelda cannot be transfered to a GBA. The only other game that cannot get transfered is Punchout. I used an Action Replay to unlock all the NES games and I gave myself a bunch of "bells" too. I did not fill my catalog because I wanted something to do in the game. The games I have are:

Clu Clu Land
Balloon Fight
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr Math
Pinball
Tennis
Golf
Punchout-used A.R.
Donkey Kong JR
Soccer-passcode off of Animal-Crossing.com
Excitebike
Wario's Woods-used A.R.
Legend Of Zelda-used A.R.
Super Mario Bros-used A.R.
Mario Bros-used e-card

I'm still missing Baseball (Gameboy Island), Clu Clu Land D (Animal-Crossing.com passcode), Donkey Kong 3 (?). Nintendo Power has also given-away 10 passcodes to unlock secret Mario Bros furniture. I've got them all and my whole upstairs is Nintendo stuff ie; Master Sword, Arwing, N-logo, G-logo, warp-pipe, flagpole, cannon, Nintendo bench (Tips & Tricks exclusive code), mushroom, fire-flower, starman.

Animal Crossing is one the most innovative games made. The e-reader peripheral is awesome and IMO worth it just for A.C. Hands down this is the game I've played most on the cube.
Old 09-09-03, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

From the web (other users):

"Finishing up this section, you can transfer any NES game besides Clu Clu Land D on to your GBA. More gaming on the go."

No Metroid. Some other games are: Balloon Fight, Clu Clu Land, Donkey Kong, DK Jr. Math, Excitebike, Golf, Pinball, and Tennis.

I'll try transferring it tonight.
Old 09-09-03, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Frizzle. I want a Metroid e-card. There's no excuse why there isn't one.

How do the trading cards work? When you buy a pack, are all the cards actually things you can use in the game?
Old 09-09-03, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes, but many cards are repeats. They sell sets on eBay for ~$100 per set (3 sets so far) which is your cheapest best for full sets.
Old 09-09-03, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Holy crap.. $100 per set. Good lord.

Last question.. since the game takes a whole Mem Card 59 (and comes with one).. will it read it if it's in slot 2? I ask because it'd be annoying to have to keep swapping the cards out when I want to play other games. The Gamecube has 2 Mem Card slots but so far all the first party games ONLY will use Slot 1.
Old 09-09-03, 02:47 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Your card has to be in slot A, unless you are travelling to another town, in which case you would also have a card in slot B.
Old 09-09-03, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This is weird. How do you play a nes game? I have Zelda in front of me but it doesn't do anything if I press A. Balloon Fight popped up a menu when I pressed A behind it but I can't get Zelda to pop up the menu (I have it in front of me on the floor of my house).
Old 09-09-03, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Jeesh finally got it to show. Yep no Zelda on GBA, sorry But there are others that you can, though And at least you can play Zelda at home
Old 09-09-03, 02:59 PM

This sale may be going on everywhere but at EB they have buy 1 get 1 free on Animal Crossing-e and they are up to series 4. Duplicates suck. Nintendo needs to make design packs, character packs, Town Tune packs, and K.K. Slider packs. I've used an e-card for one song (K.K. Ska) and they never put out anymore. Grrrmph...
Old 09-09-03, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by GatorDeb
Jeesh finally got it to show. Yep no Zelda on GBA, sorry But there are others that you can, though And at least you can play Zelda at home
Of course I can play Zelda at home, it's called a Nintendo, and I still have mine (top-loading) hooked up.
Old 09-09-03, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What, you haven't heard of the hidden TLOZ on A Link to the Past?

Old 09-09-03, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 378 Likes on 282 Posts
Animal Crossing rules...I used the AR and got Mario Bros. Super Mario Bros., Zelda, and Ice Climber. Can you get anymore using it? Oh I also got Golf, and Donkey Kong from the grab bag.

Old 09-09-03, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by PixyJunket
Holy crap.. $100 per set. Good lord.

Last question.. since the game takes a whole Mem Card 59 (and comes with one).. will it read it if it's in slot 2? I ask because it'd be annoying to have to keep swapping the cards out when I want to play other games. The Gamecube has 2 Mem Card slots but so far all the first party games ONLY will use Slot 1.
Yes, the game can read town data off of slot B. Just make sure you don't have a memory card in Slot A the first time you run the game. Otherwise it will create the town in Slot A. This happened to me with my Mem Card 251 in Slot A. I started a thread about, as I was pissed at the time. Now I've got the city that I visit occasionally on my 251 in A, which I leave slightly pulled out of the cube. The AC mem card 59 is in B, and I've got my main town on it. When I visit the other town or play another game (which hasn't been much since I got AC ), I just push the 251 in all the way.

Last edited by sdcrym; 09-09-03 at 08:41 PM.
Old 09-09-03, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Animal Crossing is one of those awesome games that you can pick up for a half hour or an hour a day to just chill out. Some people might not even call it a game as its rather different (there's potentially no end to it), but I thought it was one of the best titles of last year, I played it for 3 months straight every day, and I can't say that about too many games. I liked it better than The Sims because you can directly control your character with the control stick. And it has a lot of personality and some unique humor to it. Its pretty fun on your own but its a lot more fun if you have more than one players. I played with my 2 sisters and we had a blast exchanging letters and visiting each others houses. I heard that they are working on AC2, I can't wait!
Old 09-09-03, 08:55 PM

Does the game save your Zelda progress or do you have to beat it in one sitting?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.